IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so I am not chasing my own tail, it's never been plainly stated where exactly Amiah lived, where AR lived nor where RL lived, correct? We've heard shed, car behind garage, right? But nothing definite?

I'm trying to work out what the baby's day to day routine would be.

Just so I am not chasing my own tail, it's never been plainly stated where exactly Amiah lived, where AR lived nor where RL lived, correct? We've heard shed, car behind garage, right? But nothing definite?

That's my understanding. I also can't find any information about who actually had custody (even if an informal arrangement), if baby was frequently with RL for long periods of time, if baby even lived with mom, etc.

"Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Bruce Smith said detectives have checked out about 40 tips related to the missing baby since a Saturday news conference, when it was announced the case was being investigated as a homicide. "Just because that particular lead doesn't provide evidence doesn't mean there's not value there," Smith said. "The more you eliminate, the more you narrow down and find the answers.""

Amiah Robertson missing: Police combing through leads, asking for help

RSBM, Yes I believe it is a bruise on her neck. I recall seeing somewhere that people thought it was a hickey, but to me it looks like a thumbprint from someone grabbing your neck really hard (I know from my personal experience).
Just as a side note, a man who chokes a woman is more likely to eventually kill the woman than a man who hits or pushes her. It really does denote an extremely dangerous person.

Just as a side note, a man who chokes a woman is more likely to eventually kill the woman than a man who hits or pushes her. It really does denote an extremely dangerous person.

Indeed.

Did he strangle Amiah too?

Who knows wth he did to her and with her. Iirc Baby King’s COD was BFT.

It is my assessment atm that idk where the heck they were living, moo.

As to the thought of Amiah’s “day to day routine”, that gives me a shudder.

Omg you guys are killing me.

So they have 2 locations?

Kadoober, I can’t take this thread anymore lol.

(Jk, in it til the end.)
It would seem so, yes.
I posted the address that was on the FB page that RL had linked as his work.
Someone smarter than me found the Indy address.

It does not appear that there was any kind of consistent routine, as the baby apparently spent time with Amber, Robert and Hull at different times and different places.
We don't know how much time Amiah spent with the babysitter, or why they would need an overnight babysitter since neither one seemed to have a job.
It's also frustrating that there does not seem to be a current picture of Amiah to see what she actually looks like. Babies change so much from month to month and it's hard to believe the only pictures available are from several months ago. Imo

The incident report states 1017 Hamilton. That's about all we have. Other than the usual he says she says maybe addresses.

Are the cops doing anything? WTH is going on with this case, what a complete cluster...remind me never to go missing in Indianapolis! Sheesh!

I honestly think they're doing what they can.

You've got a mom who doesn't mention her baby is missing for a week.

You've got a lying bf who seems to think its entertainment to give out all sorts of places the baby is some of which dont exist.

The cast of characters has pretty much tied the hands of LE.

Theres apparently 8 hours his whereabouts are unknown. She could be 4 counties away for all anyone knows.

Are the cops doing anything? WTH is going on with this case, what a complete cluster...remind me never to go missing in Indianapolis! Sheesh!

The Police and FBI are working hard on this case. It's not their fault no one is talking or telling the truth and the evidence is scarce. Police don't have magic balls to find answers. Some cases are never solved due to these reasons. I am hoping they find baby Amiah so she can be laid to rest in a proper fashion.

Coming from someone who just went through this with their significant other in reference to my step daughter. Yes. If you apply for food stamps or anything they go after child support and it’s documented for paternity. I tried searching AR on my case.gov to see if paternity was established and also child support and there are no cases on there for ANY of their names that involved paternity or child support. These are samples of what it would look like. Hopefully I’ve done a good enough job scratching everything out but just for a reference point.

Interesting. It does seem likely she would receive some assistance but perhaps that is incorrect. I knew a couple once (not in Indiana so a different state) that had a baby together and lived together and were a couple. Because she had taken medical assistance for the birth of the baby, they continually automatically tried to do a case on him for child support. She kept having to call and tell them they were both supporting the child, together, and she was no longer on any aid. She would get it straightened out and it would again come about and she would have to straighten it out again.

This was just child support but they do the same for paternity so they can then order support and the State gets some money back (at least in the states where I am somewhat familiar with) from the assistance they provide.

It is possible though that she had no custody nor enough rights to the children to receive any assistance. One would think though then a case would still exist showing paternity and placement with the bio father...

Perhaps she managed by living with one man or the other and there was another source of income and no state assistance...

Thanks for looking that up, I have not been to the Indiana court sites so not familiar with their records search.

@ilovechili I'm under the impression that her son also has her last name, though not sure why. In Indiana, you have to sign a paternity affidavit for the child to take the father's last name if the parents are not married. It's not really a complicated process... my husband and I were not married when our son was born, only engaged, and they basically just have a legal representative who works for the hospital come to the room with a 1-page form that both parents have to sign. By the time the mom and child are released from the hospital, the child's last name will be legally changed to the father's name. I'm pretty sure, based on pics I've seen on SM, that she gave birth at the same hospital I did, so the process would be exactly the same. Although we were aware of the process prior to birth and were very conscientious about asking about it, so it's entirely possible she had no idea and was just told "sorry, you're not married, it's the law, child has to have the same last name as the mom"

ETA: It's also entirely possible LH was not present at either births, which would explain him not signing an affidavit.

It is good to know that. Different states may vary then. I know in some states (at least it used to be the case) one could give the child either name although the other may need to be present, not sure. My main reason for wondering is it is alleged that RL was upset over paternity so it seems there may have been some issue there.

The next reason is there is no apparent source of income, her family said she did not work, there are allegations of living in a shed or car, etc., that RL had a poor condition vehicle, and statements by his family that he did not have a license nor drive. That would make me think of state assistance in which case, they seek a support order, in this case on the father one would think.

All that being said, there is nothing saying she received any state assistance to my knowledge, it just seems a possibility.

Just thoughts...

Wouldn’t the grandparents have cared for Amiah? Or babysat?

Is there a video interview of the grandfather speaking? Tia.

Please don't bring in the name and address of RL's place of employment. You can discuss it without being specific (i.e. "where he works", "his place of employment", etc").

Gotcha, sorry about that SillyBilly. That was my bad. I recalled postings of work locations in prior threads, but perhaps that went over looked. I did flag my original post to make sure it was okay to post. Thank you for clarifying this. :)

Last edited:

If one clicks through the one picture where there are six of them, I see photographs I have not previously seen and in some of these Amiah does have a bit of weight on her and a hint of cute baby chubbiness.

I was one previously who thought she looked underweight but not all of these do. So in all fairness, I thought I would point that out. She looks older in some as well than she does in some I had seen.

jmo.

It is good to know that. Different states may vary then. I know in some states (at least it used to be the case) one could give the child either name although the other may need to be present, not sure. My main reason for wondering is it is alleged that RL was upset over paternity so it seems there may have been some issue there.

The next reason is there is no apparent source of income, her family said she did not work, there are allegations of living in a shed or car, etc., that RL had a poor condition vehicle, and statements by his family that he did not have a license nor drive. That would make me think of state assistance in which case, they seek a support order, in this case on the father one would think.

All that being said, there is nothing saying she received any state assistance to my knowledge, it just seems a possibility.

Just thoughts...
Many young single mothers don't seek child support or public assistance because they don't want to deal with Social Services or risk CPS getting involved. Once they are "in the system," it's hard to get out.
If Amber did not have stable living conditions or a means to support her children they may have taken both children from her, until she was able to find a steady job and shelter for her children.
Many parents don't want to risk CPS getting involved, since they fear they will lose custody of their children. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa