IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what??? I've been gone all day and now I see new developments. Thanks for the link, cybervampira!

So Amiah has been missing since March 9? Where was her mother during this time? I get that she may have been afraid of RL but it seems like her father is quite protective of her so I'm surprised she didn't go to him for help. Or talk to LE while RL was in jail.

And now I'm really questioning why the "family" reported that Amiah was last seen on Thursday, March 14. Could msm have gotten it wrong and just assumed that they meant last weekend? If not then why did they say it? And why did they think Amiah wasn't in danger? It sure sounds like a baby missing for a week is in terrible danger!

Why did everyone connected to Amiah lie about the timeline? Has the address where Amber lives ever been clarified by LE? Who's the babysitter?

The more we learn the murkier things get. One thing that's becoming clearer though is that it looks like Amiah is no longer alive and may not have been for a while. Damn the person/people responsible!

So does that mean they have video of him from the Food Mart?
Google Maps
We don't know for sure, but I'm thinking LE either has video evidence, and/or witness accounts from the baby sitter, and others who may have been at the home in order to definitively say that the baby was last seen on that day. Whether the witnesses are credible or not I have no idea. Imo

I wondered if he knew he wasn't but liked playing "daddy". With the reported aggression (per family members in various news reports) I wondered if she wanted to break it off with him and he snapped. She mentioned in early interviews he didn't like her continued communication with Amiah's dad.

MHOO

Eta poor typing skills
Who is Amiah's Dad? Has his name been announced?

Ugh.
“Robert (Lyons) has told family, friends and myself where Amiah should be alive and OK," IMPD Detective Jeannie Burkert said. "All of these locations and homes were checked with full cooperation from residents. Some places she was said to be by Robert do not exist.

"Since March 10, Robert Lyons has taunted Amber Robertson about Amiah’s whereabouts.”
"I want you to know that we are here today because we're frustrated and quite frankly angry because of misinformation and lack of information and lack of cooperation from those most closely involved." Roach said. "This is an 8-month-old child, and I think all of us would agree somebody knows the whereabouts."
Police: Search for missing Indianapolis 8-month-old now classified as homicide investigation

In the press release it said Amiah’s car seat and other items related to her were found close to the water on the riverbank. Then they kinda said they weren’t gonna disclose what they found...oops? The location was said to be only about a half mile from Amber’s or the sitter’s.

This perplexes me. If indeed Robert placed them there, why? I would think he’d not do it to taunt Amber to find if he’d killed Amiah. By that time you’d think he’d try to save his own skin. Did he really think those things wouldn’t be found so close to where the baby was missing? You’d think he’d toss them in the river to try to HIDE the freaking evidence!

Jmo

Who is Amiah's Dad? Has his name been announced?

“Reporter Steve Jefferson talked with Amiah's father over the phone on Wednesday.

"It’s really hard to even talk about it honestly," said Logan Hull. "It would be a blessing to have her back home. It’s almost like you lost half your life without her being here. It’s hard to wake up every day not seeing her here."

Hull said he's been out of town and doesn't know what happened to his daughter.

"I have no idea what happened to her. I wish I knew where she was, I’d go get her," said Hull.”

Police cancel Silver Alert for missing baby as search continues

So.... a lot of changes in the case tonight. I saw a post about a vigil held... that was not on the local news as far as widely spread television coverage here. First I saw of it was here.

The area the bf was at, and the area of focus as far as his whereabouts is not near where we've discussed here. It's a whole new part of town.

There are still conflicting stories here. One station says items recovered by the eagle creek relate to the case, another by the white river.

I mean I could still head out tomorrow but I don't think it's as relevant as it was yesterday. They've determined this baby was murdered.

I think, and I may totally be wrong, she may be found in the river or a dumpster near the Holmes address. I am completely unfamiliar with where the police are asking for information as far as dump sites and where the bf was last seen.

They keep changing the locations

I wish they'd put together a search party. But they're giving such conflicting info and sites. It seems impossible.

And sorry to use words like dump and sites. This really sucks.

ETA Holmes address

So.... a lot of changes in the case tonight. I saw a post about a vigil held... that was not on the local news as far as widely spread television coverage here. First I saw of it was here.

The area the bf was at, and the area of focus as far as his whereabouts is not near where we've discussed here. It's a whole new part of town.

There are still conflicting stories here. One station says items recovered by the eagle creek relate to the case, another by the white river.

I mean I could still head out tomorrow but I don't think it's as relevant as it was yesterday. They've determined this baby was murdered.

I think, and I may totally be wrong, she may be found in the river or a dumpster near the bs address. I am completely unfamiliar with where the police are asking for information as far as dump sites and where the bf was last seen.

They keep changing the locations

I wish they'd put together a search party. But they're giving such conflicting info and sites. It seems impossible.

And sorry to use words like dump and sites. This really sucks.

Johnny1181, my impression from the various articles is that both Eagle Creek and the White River have been searched, moo.

Last edited:
This case has been bothering me for the past nearly week since I found out. I've always thought RL has to be the main suspect (which he currently is) but I can't ignore a few things. I've been through his Facebook and various members of his family and read their comments on social media and they all say they can't believe he would do anything to hurt a baby, that he is a good boy etc. His family at least seems to honestly believe he has a heart. AR's timelines are all over the place and I did initially sympathize with her but as time goes by I'm starting to wonder. I find her directing police to items found by the river more than a little suspicious (possible deflection to put police on a different trail), and that she has gone VERY quiet on social media since March 20. I also am wondering where is the babysitter in all this? She is obviously a key component.

Even though it is now listed as a homocide investigation I understand LE's reasoning as to why, and am still holding out small hope that the baby is alive and that someone for some reason isn't coming forward.

Johnny1181, my impression from the various articles is that both Eagle Creek and the White River have been searched, moo.
Yes. But on local news here one station said items related to Amiah found near Eagle Creek were confirmed to be related to her, the other said the same about items but instead White River.

Good grief. When was the last time this baby was seen by anyone other than the mother and the BF?

Wouldn't it be nice if just once the baby really was given to someone who would love it forever?

Were they all 3 living in a car? Not one person in their families had a room for them? I don't get it.

In the press release it said Amiah’s car seat and other items related to her were found close to the water on the riverbank. Then they kinda said they weren’t gonna disclose what they found...oops? The location was said to be only about a half mile from Amber’s or the sitter’s.

This perplexes me. If indeed Robert placed them there, why? I would think he’d not do it to taunt Amber to find if he’d killed Amiah. By that time you’d think he’d try to save his own skin. Did he really think those things wouldn’t be found so close to where the baby was missing? You’d think he’d toss them in the river to try to HIDE the freaking evidence!

Jmo
Yeppers. It makes no sense whatsoever. Why leave evidence along the shoreline when you could just toss it into the river? If this was RL's way of "taunting" Amber then all I can say is thank goodness for the dumb ones. SMDH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500