IN - Emma Sweet, 2, (died), Dad and truck found, Bartholomew Co, 24 Nov 2021 *arrest*

Well your second link just answered many of my questions. Just got in and catching up, so I'll read on to what I'm sure is bad news.
It’s from 2015.
Drugs have been a part of his life for a long time and not well hidden from anyone.
They have older children? So what happened to them during all this constant drug use. :(
Unless he has been in rehab since May - he was still using.
JMO

I think they are putting him in a 72 hour hold to do a psych eval so they can determine if he was suicidal/homicidal because of the way he ended up in the water. It was like a cliff with a 15-20 ft. drop and then submerged.
JMO opinion.
IMO, he was not homicidal/suicidal. He was drugged out of his mind, to the degree he supposedly removed Emma, took her jacket off, placed her on the hood of the truck. She somehow ended up in the water. He climbs back in the truck and falls "asleep", which is where duck hunters later found him. The water was shallow enough he could have just walked to shore, but in a drug addled state, that did not occur to him.

First time poster and I will probably get canned but I am furious if what I believe to be true is true. So since it appears the judicial system hasn’t held dad accountable based on a previous post, do we believe public outcry will demand it this time if the facts bear out Emma’s death due to negligent behavior?

First time poster and I will probably get canned but I am furious if what I believe to be true is true. So since it appears the judicial system hasn’t held dad accountable based on a previous post, do we believe public outcry will demand it this time if the facts bear out Emma’s death due to negligent behavior?
Welcome @Geepers . Yes his goose is cooked, sadly his behavior took a beautiful little girl too!

He had a freaking meth lab in their house, a half of year ago. I doubt he was hiding his drug problems from his wife.
I think you're confusing two events. The meth lab in his home was in 2015. The May arrest was not at his residence, and none of the articles mention children or the wife being involved in recent arrest.
She could have known. She may not have. I'm guessing an investigation will lead to more answers now that she has been found.

This may have been his first relapse since his previous arrest. Probably not, though. The holidays are notorious for triggering relapses is addicts.

None of that absolve dad of what he did. He 100% caused the death of his baby girl and I hope she gets justice.
If the mom knew dad was using, she also needs to be prosecuted.

Amazingly we all seem to agree that meth convictions should be grounds for having children removed from custody.

I think we'll see the book thrown at Sweet and maximum punishments. I'm not sure about Indiana, but in many states the mother may also end up charged with negligence for letting the kid go with tweaked out dad. It depends on how badly the community wants blood. I've seen a case here in AR with accessory child endangerment charges on the mother leading to a longer sentence than the abuser got.

Amazingly we all seem to agree that meth convictions should be grounds for having children removed from custody.

I think we'll see the book thrown at Sweet and maximum punishments. I'm not sure about Indiana, but in many states the mother may also end up charged with negligence for letting the kid go with tweaked out dad. It depends on how badly the community wants blood. I've seen a case here in AR with accessory child endangerment charges on the mother leading to a longer sentence than the abuser got.
I don’t know. From the press conference I hear how wonderful the family is and that’s all well and good but I feel like the community failed this little girl.

The disconnect or rather confusing element in this case for me, was something we normally don't see a lot of. The sheriff right out of the gate, put out JS's previous criminal history. He also revealed on day one that a syringe was found on his person. Revealed the various stories JS told. He likely has personal dealings/ knowledge of JS and his history, because he all but put him on blast. I'm not criticizing the Sheriff, merely reciting what I observed.

Yesterday he says Mom & Uncle are down at the river, and makes supportive comments about them. Today he says they are a good family and again seems supportive of Mom. The family overall has a tremendous amount of support on social media. There is a large extended family and many, many, friends.

If JS & Emma went missing on Wednesday- some reports say last seen at noon, others say 3:30. Family, assuming it was Mom- didn't report them missing until Thursday, Thanksgiving Day and I haven't seen a time mentioned. JS is found by duck hunters at 6:00 AM Friday morning. My question is-what happened in all the intervening time periods? Was there a chance to save this child and it was lost because no one wanted to report JS to the cops until there was no way around it?

I'm struggling to make sense of all the missing pieces to this story.

I don’t know. From the press conference I hear how wonderful the family is and that’s all well and good but I feel like the community failed this little girl.
And by community, I mean the judicial system that turned its head. I’m not sure why we expect family to see the truth (moms in denial or spouses who need support sometimes). I want justice for Emma.

Fwiw, I don't think the sheriff was speaking about JS when discussing family. More so offering comforting words to all the family who loved little Emma dearly. Of course it doesn't look good seeing his background and it raises a lot of questions for me too.. especially about drug use. But I believe they will get to the bottom of it.

He's an... I can't even put into words what he is without violating TOS. He needs to be charged with manslaughter or homicide for taking his baby's life not to mention everything else she has had to endure in her short 2 years.
MOO of course.
I agree. Whatever the circumstances, she died in a horrible manner. One of my worst fears is to drown. Poor baby. Something is wrong in society when a drug addict has the ability to be the only person [at a given time) responsible for the care of a child.

IMO JS is the worst kind of meth addict - he also cooks meth. I can’t begin to imagine what toxic chemicals his children have been exposed to over the years.

And more recently he’s been busted for having a weapon. Meth and guns… I hope mom kicks him to the curb and gives her remaining children a chance at living a better life. MOO

IMO JS is the worst kind of meth addict - he also cooks meth. I can’t begin to imagine what toxic chemicals his children have been exposed to over the years.

And more recently he’s been busted for having a weapon. Meth and guns… I hope mom kicks him to the curb and gives her remaining children a chance at living a better life. MOO
I don’t see that happening based on his and their (spouse/ mothers) past history. It doesn’t appear that LE was contacted prior to Emma being missing 24 hrs. Was their an Amber alert? Think the courts have to ensure he never harms another child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back