In Fairness To Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has been more than "fair" to Cindy, while she spouted nonsense up to the day they found her in a garbage bag 1/3 mile from her house. Cindy refused to give Tim Miller a piece of Caylee's clothing for the dogs to sniff, got angry and refused to cooperate because no one was looking for a "live Caylee"....screamed at the press, screamed at anyone...after all how would we know that Casey was the "Mother of the Year" if Cindy didn't tell us.

Be FAIR TO CAYLEE.....please give her a proper burial and stop capitalizing on her and trying to collect$$$. jmo of course.
Yes, she did all of those things....NONE of which are crimes. The woman has what people consider an abrasive and irritating style. I see her as a woman who is desperately trying to find another explanation to this tragedy than the apparent guilt of her daughter. It is inconceivable to Cindy that she raised a monster. So she says outrageous things that infuriate. She is also the person in this family who takes care of everybody else. I feel so sorry for her. Her miserable, ugly little b!tch of a daughter is another story...and woe to that little troll when her mother finally acknowledges her guilt.

I didn't think of this until I read this thread, but Cindy struck a nerve with me because she is in some ways like my own mother. My mother can not see reality; she would rather make up an excuse or lie about a situation, rather than face the truth about one of her kids. I never got that. My brothers have done some bad things and when I talk to her about it, she says "I think they have brain tumors". She really means this, she would rather believe they have a brain tumor that causes them to act this way, than face the truth. Her daughters however, do not have brain tumors, we are just stupid. Her words, not mine.

The only time I can remember thinking Cindy was getting a bad rap was when the toys were removed from near the crime scene. That was near Christmas and I felt so terribly sad thinking of how much those stuffed animals would mean to living children. If Cindy was responsible for having them donated to needy children it may be the only time she showed any concern for anyone outside her immediate dysfunctional family.

Cindy has behaved in a repugnant manner from the start of this whole thing. I have an extremely negative opinion of her and I don't think I or the rest of the people on here who feel the same have misjudged her at all. This family has an ulterior motive in everything they do. I think they are also very good actors. I didn't say they were smart but they are good actors.
When Cindy cries during the latest released jail visit, some people see that as her being sad that Caylee is "missing" and also she is upset because her daughter is in jail. I see tears because she knows exactly what happened and she is just wishing that Casey had been smarter with covering her tracks after what happened. I can't even say for certain that the seemingly anguish in CA's voice on that first 911 call is genuine and not feigned. Remember, KC was supposed to be following a script.

Repugnant is a perfect analysis.
So is arrogant, self-centered, ill mannered and manipulative.

I didn't think of this until I read this thread, but Cindy struck a nerve with me because she is in some ways like my own mother. My mother can not see reality; she would rather make up an excuse or lie about a situation, rather than face the truth about one of her kids. I never got that. My brothers have done some bad things and when I talk to her about it, she says "I think they have brain tumors". She really means this, she would rather believe they have a brain tumor that causes them to act this way, than face the truth. Her daughters however, do not have brain tumors, we are just stupid. Her words, not mine.

Um...Bern..I laughed really loud and scared my dogs. Not because it's funny in any way. Because I wondered...do we have the same mother?:waitasec:

When Cindy started pointing LE towards JG & AH that was all I needed to see to know what kind of person she is.

Cindy would gladly let an innocent person take the fall for Caylee's death in order to protect Casey.

What kind of a person would do that...?

In my opinion it's a person with out a conscience

Have any of our posters ever been through the death of a grandchild at the hands of your own child? I would love to hear your take on CA and GA's actions thus far.

Never having been through this personally, I have NO idea how I would react.

TYIA :)

I feel like Im watching the spiritual death of my grandchild right before my eyes and feel helpless. My daughter ignores him, pushes him away, VERY jealous of him and although I feel she would never hurt him physically, you just never know. The more I love him the angrier she gets with me. Sound like KC? She even shares a birthday with KC. March 19th. I act like his mother and do everything for him and I am so scared I could be enabling just like CA! I walk on pins and needles with my daughter and I think that's what GA and CA have done all her life too!

My mother is a borderline personality disordered person. She played a part in her son's suicide. I copied this from a site about BPD.
"The development of borderline personality disorder (BPD) is complex; there are likely a variety of borderline personality disorder causes. Most experts believe that BPD develops as a result of biological, genetic and environmental factors. The factors that may cause BPD are discussed below. However, it is important to keep in mind that the exact causes of BPD are not known yet. Right now these are theories that have some research support but are by no means conclusive. More research is needed to determine how and why the factors discussed below are related to BPD.

Environmental Borderline Personality Disorder Causes
There is strong evidence to support a link between distressing childhood experiences, particularly involving caregivers, and BPD. The types of experiences that may be associated with BPD include, but are not limited to, physical and sexual abuse, early separation from caregivers, emotional or physical neglect, emotional abuse, and parental insensitivity. Marsha Linehan, the developer of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for BPD, believes that BPD is caused by an interaction between biological factors and an "emotionally invalidating" childhood environment (or an environment where the child's emotional needs are not met).

It is important to remember, however, that not everyone who has BPD has had these types of childhood experiences (although a large number have). Further, even if a person does have these types of experiences, it does not mean that they will have BPD.

Genetic and Biological Borderline Personality Disorder Causes
While early studies showed that BPD does tend to run in families, for some time it was not known whether this was because of environmental influences or because of genetics. There is now some evidence that in addition to environment, genetics plays a significant role.

In particular, studies have shown that a variation in a gene which controls the way the brain uses serotonin (a natural chemical in the brain) may be related to BPD. It appears that individuals who have this specific variation of the serotonin gene may be more likely to develop BPD if they also experience difficult childhood events (e.g., separation from supportive caregivers). One study found that monkeys with the serotonin gene variation developed symptoms that looked similar to BPD, but only when they were taken from their mothers and raised in less nurturing environments. Monkeys with the gene variation who were raised by nurturing mothers were much less likely to develop BPD-like symptoms.

In addition, a number of studies have shown that people with BPD have differences in both the structure of their brain and in brain function. BPD has been associated with excessive activity in parts of the brain that control the experience and expression of emotion. For example, people with BPD have more activation of the limbic system, an area in the brain that controls fear, anger, and aggression, than people without BPD. This may be related to the emotional instability symptoms of BPD. "

*To this day my mother does not mourn her son. She cried crockadile tears when he died and has played the victim and continued to be selfish, manipulative, untruthful, angry and mean. I do not feel the public has been unfair to CA.

When Cindy started pointing LE towards JG & AH that was all I needed to see to know what kind of person she is.

Cindy would gladly let an innocent person take the fall for Caylee's death in order to protect Casey.

Yes, this did it for me as well.
And also, being a nurse too, I think Cindy would be considered unsafe to continue in this profession. After having seen and heard some of her ideas, her rationalizations, her rantings, and her lies, if she lived here the State Board of Nursing would have pulled her nursing license from her.

um...bern..i laughed really loud and scared my dogs. Not because it's funny in any way. Because i wondered...do we have the same mother?:waitasec:

omg! There can't be two of them, could there????????

Yes, she did all of those things....NONE of which are crimes. The woman has what people consider an abrasive and irritating style. I see her as a woman who is desperately trying to find another explanation to this tragedy than the apparent guilt of her daughter. It is inconceivable to Cindy that she raised a monster. So she says outrageous things that infuriate. She is also the person in this family who takes care of everybody else. I feel so sorry for her. Her miserable, ugly little b!tch of a daughter is another story...and woe to that little troll when her mother finally acknowledges her guilt.

Yes, Cindy took care of a lot of things, giving out the "wrong" hairbrush, washing pants, she's more than desperate, she is calculating, she's still emailing people, telling them they are not invited to the funeral....that still hasn't happened. She's still collecting $$$ for tee-shirts and whatever. She's still telling anyone that will listen that Casey is innocent. She's delusional.

I feel like Im watching the spiritual death of my grandchild right before my eyes and feel helpless. My daughter ignores him, pushes him away, VERY jealous of him and although I feel she would never hurt him physically, you just never know. The more I love him the angrier she gets with me. Sound like KC? She even shares a birthday with KC. March 19th. I act like his mother and do everything for him and I am so scared I could be enabling just like CA! I walk on pins and needles with my daughter and I think that's what GA and CA have done all her life too!
Emotional abuse can be as terrible as the physical.
I'm sorry you're dealing with such worry, Dolly!:blowkiss:

I watched Cindy AND GEORGE do things I PRAY I would never do....I wouldn't cover for NOR defend my child murdering anybody <short of self defense in which case I would still want my child to come clean>....MUCH LESS my GRANDCHILD. I honestly don't know exactly how I would act and what I would do. I analyze her and Georges' actions and speculate as to whether they have committed any chargeable offenses, but I don't want them to be charged...nor do I NOT want them to be charged.

I just wish that they would REMEMBER CAYLEE.

This blog asks the question of cindy better than I.
http://niecey456.wordpress.com/2009/01/16/dear-cindy-anthony/

cindy doesnt even know AH, and she didnt like JG so ya i think shed blame them before blaming someone she loved all thier life... we dont know cindy on a personal level we know her through tv and internet ..she is a mother protecting her child .. which mothers will do ,some of them at any cost .some not at all . casey is the one who didnt protect caylee .. caylees death is not cindys fault as far as we know .casey is the only part of caylee that there is left in cindys eyes and i thought this was an in fairness to cindy thread

My mother is a borderline personality disordered person. She played a part in her son's suicide. I copied this from a site about BPD.
"The development of borderline personality disorder (BPD) is complex; there are likely a variety of borderline personality disorder causes. Most experts believe that BPD develops as a result of biological, genetic and environmental factors. The factors that may cause BPD are discussed below. However, it is important to keep in mind that the exact causes of BPD are not known yet. Right now these are theories that have some research support but are by no means conclusive. More research is needed to determine how and why the factors discussed below are related to BPD.

Environmental Borderline Personality Disorder Causes
There is strong evidence to support a link between distressing childhood experiences, particularly involving caregivers, and BPD. The types of experiences that may be associated with BPD include, but are not limited to, physical and sexual abuse, early separation from caregivers, emotional or physical neglect, emotional abuse, and parental insensitivity. Marsha Linehan, the developer of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for BPD, believes that BPD is caused by an interaction between biological factors and an "emotionally invalidating" childhood environment (or an environment where the child's emotional needs are not met).

It is important to remember, however, that not everyone who has BPD has had these types of childhood experiences (although a large number have). Further, even if a person does have these types of experiences, it does not mean that they will have BPD.

Genetic and Biological Borderline Personality Disorder Causes
While early studies showed that BPD does tend to run in families, for some time it was not known whether this was because of environmental influences or because of genetics. There is now some evidence that in addition to environment, genetics plays a significant role.

In particular, studies have shown that a variation in a gene which controls the way the brain uses serotonin (a natural chemical in the brain) may be related to BPD. It appears that individuals who have this specific variation of the serotonin gene may be more likely to develop BPD if they also experience difficult childhood events (e.g., separation from supportive caregivers). One study found that monkeys with the serotonin gene variation developed symptoms that looked similar to BPD, but only when they were taken from their mothers and raised in less nurturing environments. Monkeys with the gene variation who were raised by nurturing mothers were much less likely to develop BPD-like symptoms.

In addition, a number of studies have shown that people with BPD have differences in both the structure of their brain and in brain function. BPD has been associated with excessive activity in parts of the brain that control the experience and expression of emotion. For example, people with BPD have more activation of the limbic system, an area in the brain that controls fear, anger, and aggression, than people without BPD. This may be related to the emotional instability symptoms of BPD. "

*To this day my mother does not mourn her son. She cried crockadile tears when he died and has played the victim and continued to be selfish, manipulative, untruthful, angry and mean. I do not feel the public has been unfair to CA.

I am sorry about your brother; but thank you for posting this. This helps me to see why things are as they are in my own family. Lots of separation from parents while all of us were infants and really all our childhood years. Neither my sister or myself think we bonded with our mother. Not sure about the boys. There is lots of depression, addiction, anger and control issues on both sides of the family. So does this mean KC is or could be insane as far as a defense?

Casey is the one who choose not to name a father on Caylees birth certificate. Casey kept the father out of her daughters life. Unless Cindy was there the night Caylee was conceived she only knew what her daughter told her. Why is this Cindys fault?

Cindy couldn't even remember the name of Caylee's father. Sounds like she thought he was pretty important to me. NOT!

These are the times that I have had sympathy for Cindy:

1. The 911 call where there is panic and helplessness in her voice.

2. When I read the e-mails where her mom and aunt discuss her and the difficulties she is having with Casey and George.

3. The desperation in her face, during the Aug. 14 visitation with Casey, and Casey not having a shred of sympathy for her mother's pain.

I admit though that I have been disgusted with Cindy the rest of the time because she continues to defend her homicidal daughter.

I also hate her for purposely lying to the public so that she could raise money for a pointless search for a live child( I believe that she knew that Caylee was not alive during all her "sightings").

Having said all that I do believe she did love Caylee because Caylee was the only person living in her home that bought any joy and pride into her life. However, I believe that after Caylee's death/murder, she has completely failed her.

cindy doesnt even know AH, and she didnt like JG so ya i think shed blame them before blaming someone she loved all thier life... we dont know cindy on a personal level we know her through tv and internet ..she is a mother protecting her child .. which mothers will do ,some of them at any cost .some not at all . casey is the one who didnt protect caylee .. caylees death is not cindys fault as far as we know .casey is the only part of caylee that there is left in cindys eyes and i thought this was an in fairness to cindy thread

This thread is really interesting. My mother once called the FBI to report my sister's ex-boyfriend after 911. She claimed he took pictures of bridges and buildings and thought he was a terrorist. She did this because she didn't like him and knew my sister still had contact with him. He was a photographer, and yes the FBI showed up on his doorstep and my sister's. CA sounds like she is just as controlling and yes, she will throw anyone under the bus to protect her child. After thinking about this, I think they both live in some other world and have to control it all. Doesn't matter who they hurt as long as they protect what they feel they "own".

I think Cindy has been a mean spirited, selfish, hateful woman her whole life. Bad things happen to bad people too. It does not matter to me what kind of person she. What does matter is the fact that she has lied to the public, she has lied to LE and she tamperd with a crime scene. For that and that alone, I have no sympathy for this woman, PERIOD!

:blowkiss: I'm soooooo with you!

:confused: There are certainly a lot of hateful posts towards Cindy, some that even describe violent thoughts. These types of emotions directed at people who are strangers seem to be somewhat disturbing. When things get to this point, is it possible that the healthy thing to do would be to back off from the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven