IN - Hannah Wilson, 22, IU student, murdered, Brown County, 24 April 2015

For those unfamiliar with the area, walk from Hilton Garden Inn to Kilroy's Sports is a little over 1 block, from 7th and College to just north of 7th and Walnut.

Before a decision could be made, a white and green taxi pulled up to the curb. Wilson got in alone and gave her address and the cab was paid in full at the curb.

This fits the description of E2 Taxi.

The cell phone explains how they found a suspect so quickly. Now we wonder how she went from a Taxi to his car.

Researching how Uber works might help in understanding that only people who have used the Uber ap and have a credit card and photo on file can use the service. Joe Blow off the street cannot just hop into an Uber and get a ride home, neither can Jane Doe. Again, the rate of cab drivers who have raped, robbed, and assaulted women is alarming, so bringing up the safety factor seems a moot point. It is understandable that taxi services are envious of the tech/ride share company b/c of the overhead the taxi company has to pay and the regulations that make insurance companies mega rich, but people should have a choice, IMO.

Her roommates said they put her in a green and white taxi and his car is silver

Hmm....I thought they were referring to ONE car in the Probable Cause. I assume the witnesses mentioned are her friends, but perhaps it means simply witnesses in general identifying his car. So the cab is yet to be found?

From the Probable Cause:

"The vehicle that is registered to Daniel Messel and the vehicle that witnesses describe Messel driving was now located at ___________. The vehicle is a 2012 silver Kia Sportage bearing Indiana registration_________."

Investigators say they found blood spatter on the driver's side of Messel's Kia Sportage, and blood as well as a clump of long black hair on the console.

I am trying to think of an explanation for the car difference and I'm coming up short. Maybe she came in contact with Massel afterwards? Did he switch cars?

Okay so witnesses are saying they saw Hannah's friends put her in a taxi. What are her friends saying?

I think the situation was a lot like Mickey Shunick - totally random/wrong place at the wrong time. He was probably out cruising looking for a vulnerable person and happened upon an intoxicated Hannah after she got out of the taxi. The evidence found in his car (blood on the driver's side/clump of hair on the console) makes me think he hit her, grabbed her by her hair and shoved her in his car.

I think the situation was a lot like Mickey Shunick - totally random/wrong place at the wrong time. He was probably out cruising looking for a vulnerable person and happened upon an intoxicated Hannah after she got out of the taxi. The evidence found in his car (blood on the driver's side/clump of hair on the console) makes me think he hit her, grabbed her by her hair and shoved her in his car.

I'm thinking he was the "taxi" driver, even though the car descriptions currently don't match. I think witnesses may have been wrong about the green/white. They were drinking and perhaps are used to seeing green/white cabs in their area. He pulled up like a cab and they projected the green/white description into their minds. I reserve the right to change my mind on that, but having TWO cars in the scenario starts to be too complicated.

I think she got into his car and was a sitting victim for him. He knew where to find his prey and I don't think it was spur of the moment for him. He went looking for someone, but not necessary her in particular.

JMO

I'm thinking he was the "taxi" driver, even though the car descriptions currently don't match. I think witnesses may have been wrong about the green/white. They were drinking and perhaps are used to seeing green/white cabs in their area. He pulled up like a cab and they projected the green/white description into their minds. I reserve the right to change my mind on that, but having TWO cars in the scenario starts to be too complicated.

I think she got into his car and was a sitting victim for him. He knew where to find his prey and I don't think it was spur of the moment for him. He went looking for someone, but not necessary her in particular.

JMO

I wonder if taxi drivers record the address of their fares? If so, it should be easy to figure out if there was one car or two.

I wonder if taxi drivers record the address of their fares? If so, it should be easy to figure out if there was one car or two.

Good point. You would think that if there was a legit taxi driver in a green & white car who picked her up, he would come forward to clear his name.

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back