GUILTY IN - Jezaih King, 2, Fort Wayne, November 2009

Updated story.

Reports indicate she laid her dead son's body on the bed for his sister to pray over. All I can say is WOW she is one sick women.

Court Documents Tell Of Last Moments Of 2-Year-Old Jezaih King's Life

She says she gave him the concoction three time, and she said during the final time she held J.K.'s mouth shut for ten minutes until he stopped struggling.

Finding no pulse or heartbeat, reports indicate she laid her dead son's body on the bed for his sister to pray over. She then put the body into a closet before eventually placing it inside of a plastic tote. Lawson allegedly hid the body for more than a year, even moving it with her to a new residence.

Police say Lawson also beat her 10-year-old daughter with a pink belt and extension cord, leaving visible injuries.

Lawson has been charged with a total of five felonies, but only two of those relate to Jezaih's death - battery leading to death and neglect of a dependent resulting in death. The other three neglect and battery charges stem from alleged abuse to her daughter, Kierra.

If convicted on all five charges and given the maximum sentence, Lawson could be sentenced to as many as 114 years behind bars.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/h...f-2-Year-Old-Jezaih-Kings-Life-112624539.html

I'm horrified by this entire story. How can anyone get away with this kind of abuse for so long? And allegedly a room mate saw this woman put a body in a blanket in a closet and didn't come forward? :snooty: There are no words....

That poor, poor little boy. Thankful that the little girl has been saved before she suffered the same fate.

JMHO

I think we know who had the "demons".

So sad for Jezaih's sister too - having to live w/ her mother beating her, knowing she killed her baby brother. :(

Please, please,please justice system lock her up forever.

I live approx. 30 miles NW of Ft. Wayne, the second largest city in Indiana, first largest is Indianapolis of course. The Ft. Wayne stations are where I go to get my "local" news so I had seen the previous coverage, saw some updates and posted them. I am baffled as to how no one noticed Jezaih was missing for 13 mos. and did not alert the authorities!

6 1/2 yrs. ago a woman drowned her 2 yo. daughter on Father's Day in her Ft. Wayne apt. and kept her in the apt. around 3 weeks because the father was fighting for custody and was about to win so she killed her out of spite. No one noticed or reported her missing. LE was called when a neighbor smelled her decomposing body in the hallway outside the apt. she was in. She pled guilty but mentally ill to a reckless homicide charge and got 5 yrs. and was released into a re-entry program after a yr.! I was livid! I hope this case does not turn out the same way.

Link to other case, mom's name is Judi Noe, daughter's name is Brieana Jaide Noe. If anyone is interested there is more info. on Brieana's case if you Google her name or Judi Noe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38335&highlight=judi+noe

Ft. Wayne attorney believes there may be no intent

Updated: Monday, 03 Jan 2011, 7:22 PM EST
Published : Monday, 03 Jan 2011, 3:33 PM EST

Chris Hopper

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - Last month a Fort Wayne mother admitted to killing her 3-year-old son, but she was only charged with neglect of a dependent and battery, not murder. NewsChannel 15 talked to a Fort Wayne attorney to figure out why.
"The intent to kill is what distinguishes murder from everything else. It would be difficult to prove that she intended to kill her child through her actions of what she was doing that would be why they did not file murder," said Michelle Kraus, Fort Wayne attorney.

more here

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/no-murder-charge-for-mother,-but-why?

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28059959/detail.html

Mother Convicted In Toddler's Fatal Exorcism

Police: Latisha Lawson Forced 2-Year-Old To Drink Oil, Vinegar
POSTED: 5:19 pm EDT May 28, 2011
UPDATED: 1:10 am EDT May 29, 2011

Authorities said Latisha Lawson was also convicted of neglect and battery charges. Jurors deliberated for about five hours Friday before finding her guilty. Lawson faces at least 45 years in prison when she is sentenced next month.

Court affirms rejection of insanity defense in "demon" murder

Updated: Thursday, 10 May 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 10 May 2012, 3:48 PM EDT

The Indiana Court of Appeals has upheld a jury's rejection of an insanity defense in the case of a Fort Wayne woman who suffocated her 3-year-old son by forcing him to drink oil and vinegar because he was possessed by a demon.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/court-upholds-lawson-murder-conviction

Those poor children! Hopefully the little girl will be placed with a wonderful family who will get her help.

I am really naive: I have no idea what the oil and vinegar stuff is about. Is that common for "chasing out the devil"? How could it contribute to someone's death? (I know he died from strangulation but original reports made it sound that the oil killed him?)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back