GUILTY IN - Kegan Anthony Kline, 27, arrested Aug 29, 2020, 30 Counts associated with CSAM

The hearing is about RA so ignore that-tried to link just KK's document but they posted together!

Thank you. So it looks like all 5 of those counts were possession charges, on 3 different dates. I wonder if the subject matter expert referred to in the motion couldn't definitively say the victims were minors? Or maybe those charges were all from the same device and they couldn't end up tying it directly to him? Either way, this is one creepy and deviant man and I hope they are able to keep him off the streets and the internet for a few decades. My opinion only.

Adding a Kegan newlink from the RA thread to this thread. This is courtesy of @Chelly. :)

This link needs some manual substituting for a 4 letter word starting with a P and ending with an N for what's between the [ ]'s. The word between the [ ]'s gets censored on this site, hence making the link unusable. I'm sure y'all can figure it out from here. :cool:

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/pros...dismissed-in-kegan-klines-upcoming-child-[YOU KNOW WHAT WORD GOES HERE]-trial/

Indiana police superintendent: Delphi murders’ facts will come out at trial​

by: Richard Essex
Posted: Nov 3, 2022 / 09:55 PM EST / Updated: Nov 3, 2022 / 10:50 PM EST

I-Team 8: There has been a lot of activity on this case today. Kegan Kline, 28, is a figure linked to the Delphi murders investigation, although he has not been charged in the deaths of Abby and Libby.(On) Kegan Kline, the prosecutor dismissed five charges. Is there any correlation between those charges being dropped and the search that was performed in the Wabash River? ?

Carter: No, absolutely not. I think he was charged with 30 counts, and they have dropped five, so it is 25. So, it is important the case has not been dropped against Kegan Kline.

I-Team 8: Has Kline been cooperative?

Carter: (He declined to answer.)

Indiana police superintendent: Delphi murders' facts will come out at trial

"

‘Pedophile’ catfish, 28, who was linked to Delphi case and accused of ‘protecting’ killer, has been cooperating with authorities - who asked for charges against him be dismissed days after suspect Richard Allen's arrest"​

"

‘Pedophile’ catfish, 28, who was linked to Delphi case and accused of ‘protecting’ killer, has been cooperating with authorities - who asked for charges against him be dismissed days after suspect Richard Allen's arrest"​

From the article:

According to Vido, ‘Shots’ had messaged with Libby during the sleepover she had with Abby ahead of their final day. In fact, Shots was one of the last people she communicated with on the morning she and her friend went missing.

Now, investigators told Kline, they did not believe that he was the only one who messaged Libby under the guise of Shots

According to Vido, ‘On February 13 [at] eight o’clock in the morning …two separate devices…log in, log out. Log in, log out. All within minutes of each other. To the same Anthony Shots Snapchat account.’

Vido then drew Kline’s attention to subsequent messages exchanged between the Anthony Shots account and a friend of Libby’s.

The conversation began with the friend asking Shots if he had heard about Libby and Abby. Shots responded, ‘OMG what happened, du-du-du’ then stated, ‘Yeh we were supposed to meet but she never showed up.’

Kline reacted violently to this information claiming that he never sent any such message, describing that as ‘a *advertiser censored**ing lie’ and accusing Vido of implying he murdered the girls.

Vido responded, ‘I can honestly sit here and I’m telling you I do not believe that you killed Liberty or Abby…But you need to tell me who was logging into these accounts?’

The headline, surprise, doesn't match the content. The alleged cooperation "In recent months" supposedly resulted in the river search, not related to the arrest of RA. I find it hard to believe that DailyMail has done an independent investigation that revealed anything.

The prosecution has to prepare for the upcoming trial and drop the problematic charges, which they stated couldn't be proved. I wouldn't be surprised if a plea was entered next week or next month or the day of jury selection, and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to trial. Twenty-five charges are still a lot of work, they aren't going to waste time on iffy charges.

"Today, a DailyMail.com investigation has revealed that, in recent months, Kline has been co-operating with Indiana State Police’s long running investigation perhaps in a bid to barter a plea deal in his own case,"

Kline reacted violently to this information claiming that he never sent any such message, describing that as ‘a *advertiser censored**ing lie’ and accusing Vido of implying he murdered the girls.
Have reporters seen Video or heard the audio of Kegans interview with detectives?

I only ask because I have only read them, 3x, and he responds similarly (swearing or insisting that wasn't him or he didn't remember) in regards to many different online conversations, incidents, and specific materials that were discussed in the interview. Having only read it, I cannot say whether any or all of those reactions were "violent" and am wondering how the reporter came to that conclusion- if they had access to things we do not or if they just threw that word in for shock factor/dramatizing or if that was just their personal impression of the exchange despite no context beyond a typed transcript.

Long story short (too late, I know) is there Video of this interview that we have access to?

From the article:

According to Vido, ‘Shots’ had messaged with Libby during the sleepover she had with Abby ahead of their final day. In fact, Shots was one of the last people she communicated with on the morning she and her friend went missing.

Now, investigators told Kline, they did not believe that he was the only one who messaged Libby under the guise of Shots

According to Vido, ‘On February 13 [at] eight o’clock in the morning …two separate devices…log in, log out. Log in, log out. All within minutes of each other. To the same Anthony Shots Snapchat account.’

Vido then drew Kline’s attention to subsequent messages exchanged between the Anthony Shots account and a friend of Libby’s.

The conversation began with the friend asking Shots if he had heard about Libby and Abby. Shots responded, ‘OMG what happened, du-du-du’ then stated, ‘Yeh we were supposed to meet but she never showed up.’

Vido responded, ‘I can honestly sit here and I’m telling you I do not believe that you killed Liberty or Abby…But you need to tell me who was logging into these accounts?’
U&BBMFF

Not surprisingly, The Daily Mail reworded things to make "facts" sound juicier than they are. Shots (KAK) did NOT say 'du-du-du-du', LE said that mocking Shots/KAK.

Here is the quote (minor changes by me for flow and to make sense) taken directly from the LE videotaped statement of KAK (Q is the interviewer):

Pg 139, Line 3: Q - You had talked to one of her friends who had said to you -
Pg 139, Line 11: Q - She said, did you hear about Liberty?" You responded on Anthony_Shots, "OMG what happened?"

Pg 140, Line 5: Q - Same conversation of the 'OMG what happened, du-du-du-du', Anthony_Shots says "Yeah, we were supposed to meet but she never showed up".

Link to the actual interview to read for yourself: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews....-Kline-10-19-2-FINAL-VERSION-Redacted-1-1.pdf

Update for KAK; the Dec hearing is a motion to amend information. His trial dates remain the same.

11/07/2022Judgment

Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
04.35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1
• Dismissed
11.35-42-4-4(c)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* possession of photos, etc. showing sexual conduct b
• Dismissed
15.35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
• Dismissed
18.35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
• Dismissed
24.35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
• Dismissed
12/22/2022Final PreTrial Hearing/Conference
Session:
12/22/2022 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Spahr, Timothy P.

Not sure if this has been posted before, if so my apologies for the duplication.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/crime-w...egan-klines-child-*advertiser censored*-case/
“Prosecutors filed the request late Wednesday looking to drop five specific counts in the case against Kegan Kline.

In the court filing, the prosecutor says there was not enough evidence to prove those counts beyond reasonable doubt, but the prosecutor did not explain why.

The Murder Sheet podcast creators Áine Caine and Kevin Greenlee have been following the case closely.

“When you have a high profile case with many, many charges the prosecutor is only going to bring the strongest to the forefront. It’s sort of like gardening you prune the weak branches, so that the tree can be healthy and strong,” Caine said.

“And in this case in particular when you’re dealing with child sexual abuse materials charges it’s very important that the prosecutor be able to prove that the person in the images is in fact underage,” Greenlee said.

Greenlee says in some cases, there may be no evidence that the person in the picture is underage.

“If you haven’t identified that person, you don’t have a birth certificate for that person you have to rely on the testimony of a doctor and often times a doctor will tell you I’m not able to conclusively state that this person is under age then those charges would be dropped,” Greenlee said.

“We’ve been expecting possibly some charges to be dropped just because of the nature of these kinds of cases and talking to experts who are familiar with them, so I would say that we don’t read too much into it and we would encourage everyone to not read too much into it,” Caine said.

Kline still faces 25 counts of child *advertiser censored*. His trial is set for Jan. 18.…..”

Here are the 5 counts:

04] 02/25/2017 = 35-42-4-4(d)/F5:
Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1

11] 05/14/2016 = 35-42-4-4(c)/F6:
Possession of Child *advertiser censored* possession of photos, etc. showing sexual conduct b

15] 02/25/2017 = 35-42-4-4(d)/F6
Possession of Child *advertiser censored*

18] 02/25/2017 = 35-42-4-4(d)/F6:

24] 02/17/2017 = 35-42-4-4(d)/F6

Here are the 5 counts:

04] 02/25/2017 = 35-42-4-4(d)/F5:
Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1

11] 05/14/2016 = 35-42-4-4(c)/F6:
Possession of Child *advertiser censored* possession of photos, etc. showing sexual conduct b

15] 02/25/2017 = 35-42-4-4(d)/F6

18] 02/25/2017 = 35-42-4-4(d)/F6:

24] 02/17/2017 = 35-42-4-4(d)/F6
Nothing yet on the 18 charges they wanted to amend, like from F4 to F5, etc.?

No idea... I must have dozed off during that part. This is the first I heard of it, other than the motion to amend at the next hearing. I wondered what that was about.
Along with the motion to dismiss, the prosecution also filed a motion this week to amend 18 counts against Kline to “comport to the evidence that the State believes will be presented at trial,” to “remove unnecessary allegations” and to “correct the statutory provision alleged to have been violated,” court documents indicated.

Along with the motion to dismiss, the prosecution also filed a motion this week to amend 18 counts against Kline to “comport to the evidence that the State believes will be presented at trial,” to “remove unnecessary allegations” and to “correct the statutory provision alleged to have been violated,” court documents indicated.

Thanks, I didn't see that. What the heck is this: and to “correct the statutory provision alleged to have been violated,” court documents indicated.

Bumping this up; maybe some of our legal folks will have an idea as to what this all implies.

With dismissing 5 counts and attempting to amend 18 to comport to the evidence, that only leaves 7 that are 'solid' charges? How do they amend charges to comport to evidence? Aren't charges based on evidence?

What are "unnecessary allegations"? False charges?
And finally, how can one correct an alleged statutory provision violation?
After sitting on this case for so many months, why all this action now?

Bumping this up; maybe some of our legal folks will have an idea as to what this all implies.

With dismissing 5 counts and attempting to amend 18 to comport to the evidence, that only leaves 7 that are 'solid' charges? How do they amend charges to comport to evidence? Aren't charges based on evidence?

What are "unnecessary allegations"? False charges?
And finally, how can one correct an alleged statutory provision violation?
After sitting on this case for so many months, why all this action now?
@Amandaaa
What are you thoughts on this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther