IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

Testimony focuses on Boney's actions before, after murders

Floyd County Deputy Prosecutor Steve Owen began questioning witnesses today in Charles Boney's triple-murder trial about Boney's whereabouts before and after the Sept. 28, 2000, murders of the Camm family.

A neighbor of the Camms, Brandon Beavin, 21, testified about seeing what investigators believe was Boney's dark blue Cadillac on Lockhart Lane — where the Camms lived — on the afternoon of the murders.

Karen Ancil, a former girlfriend from Indianapolis, testified that Boney called her on the night of the murders and spoke for more than two hours with her and her children — as Ameritech phone records showed.

Two additional witnesses, a fellow prison inmate and a former friend, are expected to appear in court this afternoon to testify about comments they heard from Boney about the murders.

All of the testimony is aimed at bolstering prosecutors' arguments that Boney lied repeatedly to investigators and came clean only after police confronted him with evidence about his presence at the murders and other details surrounding Kimberly, Bradley and Jill Camm's deaths.

More: http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060118/NEWS02/60118016/-1/rss

Tonight the jury came back with a guilty verdict on 4 counts of Charles Boney the co-conspirator to this horrific crime--Guilty count 1 Murder of Kim Camm, Guilty count 2 Murder of Jill Camm and guilty of count 3 Murder of Brad Camm, plus a 4th count of conspiracy with David Camm---The David Camm murder retrial is still ongoing in Warrick County Indiana, Most of the people from this area are really hoping that Boney will roll on Camm and testify at that trial to get the truth about this case. Myself being a personal friend of Kim Camms brother in Law I can tell you the family looked like crap on T.V tonight, but after 2 1/2 trials who could expect anything less....I would really like to see both men get the death sentence, but we may have to settle on Boney getting a lesser sentence to get the real mastermind behind this horrendunce and completly sensless crime....

:behindbar :behindbar ===Charles Boney 1 down 1 to go

god bless kim, jill & brad and the Renn family

Kimmer

WOWSA,

I was just in June 2005 of this thread & this case is being covered on Nancy Grace EST 8:34 PM. David Camm's retrial is taking place right now, this week.

Holy cow! I don't post at WS all that often and I just happened on this only because the thread title was up. I read the book and had no idea all this stuff had transpired since then. I've had to read this whole thread. It's been almost as good as sitting down with the book was. Thanks to all of you for your facts and opinions!
And yes, the Shanda Sharer murder was horrific. Such a difficult read. Cruel and ugly.

The defense started their defense yesterday. The judge threw out the conspiracy charge and he is not allowing the affair in either. I am starting to wonder if he will be aquitted this time:confused:

Just can't imagine any jury being able to dismiss that very incriminating forensic evidence on DC's shirt.

Also think I read that there was testimony from a particpant at the basketball game that it indeed would be impossible to state that DC was at the court the entire time so DC does not have an alibi that is conceivable either.

It appears that there is plenty of evidence & motivation, provided by the perpetrator, to speak loudly to the Jury.

Hoping that common sense is not absent from the deliberation room.

I actually think there is a good chance he is going to get off this time around. I think the Jury is going to find alot of evidence suspect because of the first DA that prosecuted the case.

I have to agree with Tybee. Especially since they threw out the conspiracy charge. They have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that DC ,himself, killed his family. Now remember, Boney has been charged with that crime and even though that has not been brought into evidence, it seems to me it would be hard to prove 2 people did the exact same thing. There is only one gun traced back to Boney, right? Does that make sense? We pretty much know DC was there at the crime scene but can the prosecution prove it beyond a reasonable doubt DC pulled the trigger? The conspiracy charge could have atlease provided the jury with the assumption DC hired or had Boney kill his family while DC was there. I don't know. Maybe I have things confused but I have a really bad feeling about this.:confused:

If I were on the jury, I would have to ask myself what the motive would be for Boney to commit the murders. This wasn't a robbery gone bad. To me, only David Camm had the motive for wiping out his entire family.

nanandjim[b said:
]If I were on the jury[/b], I would have to ask myself what the motive would be for Boney to commit the murders. This wasn't a robbery gone bad. To me, only David Camm had the motive for wiping out his entire family.
I wish you were;)

I know I'm coming in late in this trial, but I have been reading and researching for days. I don't see how these things could be coincedence.

This is taken from an article written for Wave3 news on May 18, 2005. "Boney wrestled at New Albany High School in 1987. At the time, he went by Darnell. Among his 240 classmates was Danny Camm-- David Camm's younger brother." www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=3015135&nav=ORZFWxcD

This is the same brother who was suspected of forging Kim Camm's name on the insurance policy shortly before the murders.

This makes me wonder if the two brothers weren't conspiring together on this. Its hard for me to think that TWO members of a good family would commit such a crime though. It does seem reasonable, however, that Camm used Bonet for more than just buying the gun.

Isn't it possible that Camm left the church by one of the back entrances, placing something slim and unnnoticeable in between the tongue and groove of the self-locking doorjam? He could have sprinted to one of the other dead-end roads nearby, being picked up by Boney. He couldn't leave in his truck, too noticeable. He couldn't run the whole way there and back, too lengthy. This would coincide with Boney's statement of Kim seeing him and Camm in the driveway. Anything Camm didn't want at the scene would have left with Boney to be disposed of (possibly a jacket he may have worn, etc), and Boney could have taken him back to a drop-off point so Camm could sprint back to the church and let himself back in the door he had rigged. The short run back to the church would have kept Camm warmed up and sweating, looking like he'd been playing ball. Its all just what if's and theory, but the timeline is possible. The fact that Boney lied about so many things would even make sense. The way Boney tells it, he had little to do with it, even though he'd been there when it happened. Were the theory I mentioned true, Boney couldn't tell it because it further incriminates him.

It was pretty stupid of Boney to state that Camm had come back to the driveway, pointed the gun at him and pulled the trigger, only to hear a dry click (misfire). Why would Camm do this? How would he explain Boney's body?! Or how the same weapon that killed his family killed this mystery man in his driveway.

But these things keep rolling around in my head: Danny Camm and Boney went to school together. Danny supposedly forged Kim's name on a life insurance policy shortly before the murders. David was the only one with motive, although Danny and Boney could benifit financially. Accidental death pays double with insurance policies. David needed a scapegoat. David had blood spatter AND tissue on his clothing. The defense can't prove that it was transfer (no brush stroke pattern from Jill's hair), but the prosecution has proven that it was spatter (the tissue was imbedded).

Boney had no motive whatsoever to do this alone. I see the armed robbery, but no burglar would park near the house he was going to rob. If he was inside the house, looting through it, wouldn't he have heard the garage door coming up and Kim pulling in? Why wouldn't he have run out the back door or something? If he was in the garage and Kim was pulling in, if she saw him why would she pull right on in, and then exit her vehicle not knowing who this man was with her two children in the truck with her?? She wouldn't. And again, why wouldn't Bonet just flee? He had taken nothing and being charged with suspicion of robbery or trespassing, etc is a far cry from MURDER. Why would he leave his sweatshirt there? If he was alone and intent on robbery, who ever heard of an armed robber carrying his weapon in a sweatshirt?? Kinda hard to conceal, wouldn't you think?

It just reeks of Camm being involved.

JCinSI

JCinSI said:
I know I'm coming in late in this trial, but I have been reading and researching for days. I don't see how these things could be coincedence.

This is taken from an article written for Wave3 news on May 18, 2005. "Boney wrestled at New Albany High School in 1987. At the time, he went by Darnell. Among his 240 classmates was Danny Camm-- David Camm's younger brother." www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=3015135&nav=ORZFWxcD

This is the same brother who was suspected of forging Kim Camm's name on the insurance policy shortly before the murders.

This makes me wonder if the two brothers weren't conspiring together on this. Its hard for me to think that TWO members of a good family would commit such a crime though. It does seem reasonable, however, that Camm used Bonet for more than just buying the gun.

Isn't it possible that Camm left the church by one of the back entrances, placing something slim and unnnoticeable in between the tongue and groove of the self-locking doorjam? He could have sprinted to one of the other dead-end roads nearby, being picked up by Boney. He couldn't leave in his truck, too noticeable. He couldn't run the whole way there and back, too lengthy. This would coincide with Boney's statement of Kim seeing him and Camm in the driveway. Anything Camm didn't want at the scene would have left with Boney to be disposed of (possibly a jacket he may have worn, etc), and Boney could have taken him back to a drop-off point so Camm could sprint back to the church and let himself back in the door he had rigged. The short run back to the church would have kept Camm warmed up and sweating, looking like he'd been playing ball. Its all just what if's and theory, but the timeline is possible. The fact that Boney lied about so many things would even make sense. The way Boney tells it, he had little to do with it, even though he'd been there when it happened. Were the theory I mentioned true, Boney couldn't tell it because it further incriminates him.

It was pretty stupid of Boney to state that Camm had come back to the driveway, pointed the gun at him and pulled the trigger, only to hear a dry click (misfire). Why would Camm do this? How would he explain Boney's body?! Or how the same weapon that killed his family killed this mystery man in his driveway.

But these things keep rolling around in my head: Danny Camm and Boney went to school together. Danny supposedly forged Kim's name on a life insurance policy shortly before the murders. David was the only one with motive, although Danny and Boney could benifit financially. Accidental death pays double with insurance policies. David needed a scapegoat. David had blood spatter AND tissue on his clothing. The defense can't prove that it was transfer (no brush stroke pattern from Jill's hair), but the prosecution has proven that it was spatter (the tissue was imbedded).

Boney had no motive whatsoever to do this alone. I see the armed robbery, but no burglar would park near the house he was going to rob. If he was inside the house, looting through it, wouldn't he have heard the garage door coming up and Kim pulling in? Why wouldn't he have run out the back door or something? If he was in the garage and Kim was pulling in, if she saw him why would she pull right on in, and then exit her vehicle not knowing who this man was with her two children in the truck with her?? She wouldn't. And again, why wouldn't Bonet just flee? He had taken nothing and being charged with suspicion of robbery or trespassing, etc is a far cry from MURDER. Why would he leave his sweatshirt there? If he was alone and intent on robbery, who ever heard of an armed robber carrying his weapon in a sweatshirt?? Kinda hard to conceal, wouldn't you think?

It just reeks of Camm being involved.

JCinSI

I wonder if Camm got Bonet to help him and then planned to pull the gun on Bonet and kill him...wiping his own prints off the gun and placing it in Bonet's hand like he killed the family and then killed himself. Camm was supposedly at the church not knowing what had happened. That might have worked if he hadn't run out of bullets....if Bonet is telling the truth. If Camm had killed Bonet there wouldn't have been anyone to tell what happened. Hope Camm doesn't get away with these murders.

Here is where I am totally confused and I have been on this case since the beginning....how do you charge Charles Boney with conspiracy with David Camm and then drop the Conspiracy charges against David.....How did Boney conspire if David didn't conspire with Boney.

I also feel there may be the opportunity for David to get away with this, I pray not but something is not right in this case, I really thought after the Boney trial he would testify against David, not only did that not happen, But just yesterday when Boney was sentenced he demanded the Judge give him the maximum his lawyer didnt even know he was going to do that in court. He was given 225 years so he will never leave prison...

There was 1 male juror taken off the jury this morning and replaced with an alternate the only reason given so far is personal reasons, This case is to be given to the jury next week, I think where the jury will have a problem is the defense is saying all the blood is transfer but none of there experts have been able to account for the tissue deposit so we can only hope that will be enough to get the jury to beleive Camm was at the scene.

I really would like to write a book on this mess and what a mess it has been with more twists and turns I am surprised more media has not picked up this story.

Waiting for the Verdict,

Kimmer-Jeffersonville Indiana

Kimmer said:
Here is where I am totally confused and I have been on this case since the beginning....how do you charge Charles Boney with conspiracy with David Camm and then drop the Conspiracy charges against David.....How did Boney conspire if David didn't conspire with Boney.

I also feel there may be the opportunity for David to get away with this, I pray not but something is not right in this case, I really thought after the Boney trial he would testify against David, not only did that not happen, But just yesterday when Boney was sentenced he demanded the Judge give him the maximum his lawyer didnt even know he was going to do that in court. He was given 225 years so he will never leave prison...

There was 1 male juror taken off the jury this morning and replaced with an alternate the only reason given so far is personal reasons, This case is to be given to the jury next week, I think where the jury will have a problem is the defense is saying all the blood is transfer but none of there experts have been able to account for the tissue deposit so we can only hope that will be enough to get the jury to beleive Camm was at the scene.

I really would like to write a book on this mess and what a mess it has been with more twists and turns I am surprised more media has not picked up this story.

Waiting for the Verdict,

Kimmer-Jeffersonville Indiana
Well, let us know if you do. This sounds like a really good case. Are the transcipts posted anywhere?

no there are no transcripts posted but if you go to louisville ky wave 3 news or whas 11 news online they have daily blogs from daily reporters inside the court room there were no camera's allowed inside on this case.

If I do decide to write a book I will let you know i will let you all know but to go thru the first set of transcripts plus the new ones on David and Boney will take quite some time to get thru...I will talk to Kim's sister and brother-in-law since I know them before write about the case.

latest news is that the prosecution may use the fact that jill was allegedly sexually abused by her father as a motive for the murders in the states closing argument,

a bit risky as this was one of the reasons he won his appeal, that and the affairs, and the affairs have not been intoduced into this trial,

I think this is a very weak case, if he did shoot them surely they would not be arguing over a few spots of blood/dna on his t shirt but loads of evidence,

I am not sure of his guilt or innocence but the state has not proven its case to me,

amd Boney being involved makes it even more bizarre, if all Camm wanted was Boneys gun why was Boney needed at the murders, surely Camm would not want a man like Boney to know his secrets, and even if he wished to frame Boney, Boney could also put him in the frame,

I await the jury verdict, think it may be hung, as some will possibly think Boney did it all by himself,

and I don't fool myself that the jury does not know about Boneys conviction,

JCinSI said:

JCinSI
Wasn't this the brother who lived in Florida and couldn't legally write the policy for some reason?? Did the prosecution mention this and other insurance policies??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back