IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

Garnan said:
Maybe it was just a bad example, but you proved my point without me even saying it. Random crime is an absolute rarity. I am sorry what happened to you, but you are definately the exception. Random murders, involving children, when no other crime is committed in conjunction with the murders, it isn't random. It just doesn't happen.
then why are there so many cold cases, and so many missing children where there is no connection to the family and it appears to be just an example of a random abduction. I think of so many cases where things are random and the person just picks his or her victims because they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I understand that random crimes are less previlant than non random crimes, but to say they are "rare" is an understatement in my opinion.

kcksum said:
I would just like to see that connection proven. Without the state being able to even level a conspiracy charge against Camm, we have no proof evidenciary wise to connect him to Bonet. I felt like that should have had to been proven in order for a conviction to come about. Maybe I just want to much proof, I guess I will never be considered for a jury lol.
You are not alone in wanting a proven connection, and I think that might make you a better juror than I would ever be! LOL! In my gut, I think there is a connection with Camm and I also believe that Camm "used" Boney because he knew Boney would have zero credibility if "they" got caught. Aside from the story of them meeting at some sort of basketball game (I think they said that in the 48hours story) I almost believe that Camm had far more "goods" on Boney and it would be more likely that they met in Camm's role as a trooper. It's all theory on my part, and only my opinion. I really should buy the book mentioned earlier in the thread. I often walk away from some of these shows thinking everyone is guilty- not very open minded! LOL!

Boyz_Mum said:
You are not alone in wanting a proven connection, and I think that might make you a better juror than I would ever be! LOL! In my gut, I think there is a connection with Camm and I also believe that Camm "used" Boney because he knew Boney would have zero credibility if "they" got caught. Aside from the story of them meeting at some sort of basketball game (I think they said that in the 48hours story) I almost believe that Camm had far more "goods" on Boney and it would be more likely that they met in Camm's role as a trooper. It's all theory on my part, and only my opinion. I really should buy the book mentioned earlier in the thread. I often walk away from some of these shows thinking everyone is guilty- not very open minded! LOL!
don't get me wrong. I certaintly see where many people may perceive him as guilty. i was puzzled by his lack of tears for his wife and daughter as well, and I do see it possible......however, I do not think the state proved its case, and I do believe that he will win on appeal. MAINLY because the court of appeals strongly warned the prosecuters not to bring up the bogus molestation theory of they re tried him, and they ignored that admonishment and did it anyway. They might as well have asked for his guilty verdict to be overturned.

kcksum said:
don't get me wrong. I certaintly see where many people may perceive him as guilty. i was puzzled by his lack of tears for his wife and daughter as well, and I do see it possible......however, I do not think the state proved its case, and I do believe that he will win on appeal. MAINLY because the court of appeals strongly warned the prosecuters not to bring up the bogus molestation theory of they re tried him, and they ignored that admonishment and did it anyway. They might as well have asked for his guilty verdict to be overturned.
During the 48hours show, I immediately thought he was guilty (just my opinion) but I didn't think the molestation evidence was what I considered as strong evidence against him. Sometimes little girls have accidents while riding bikes and such and can injure their private area, and I didn't feel that they were able to explain it or make it consistent with molestation- so I didn't understand how they could or would use that in the trial. (I guess without it being "proven", I was left to wonder why it was used as part of his motive?)

As far as his seemingly not crying until he spoke of his son, I personally felt it was because he had a hand in his death (and perhaps it haunts him?). I can't say how I feel the crime actually happened, but I do believe that Camm was present. (Again, this is only my opinion.) I believe that Camm belongs in jail, I feel that he is guilty of more than conspiracy to commit the murders, but my beliefs are not those that guide our penal system. I don't think all the dots have been connected as far as Boney and Camm's relationship. I really hope that LE can find what they need to either prove Camm's guilt or even his innocence- for all the victims involved.

Boyz_Mum said:
...I really hope that LE can find what they need to either prove Camm's guilt or even his innocence- for all the victims involved.
Two juries have found Camm guilty. I think that LE has already proven his guilt.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think that they presented evidence of molestation during the second trial. I think that it was only mentioned during closing arguments that it was found to be a possibility that Jill was molested.

nanandjim said:
Two juries have found Camm guilty. I think that LE has already proven his guilt.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think that they presented evidence of molestation during the second trial. I think that it was only mentioned during closing arguments that it was found to be a possibility that Jill was molested.
two juries found david dowallaby guilty as well, and he was innocent.

kcksum said:
two juries found david dowallaby guilty as well, and he was innocent.
I'd list all those found guilty by a jury who are guilty, but I don't think this website has enough server space to handle the list. :rolleyes:

nanandjim said:
I'd list all those found guilty by a jury who are guilty, but I don't think this website has enough server space to handle the list. :rolleyes:
:clap: :clap: You got that right Nanandjim.

Merry Christmas to you, and all.
Let us pray Camm stays where he belongs, safely tucked away in prison. :boohoo:

nanandjim said:

I personally do believe that Camm is guilty- I only wish the dots between him and Boney could have been connected more thoroughly. (That's just the part of my curiousity that wasn't satisfied as far as "answers".) I don't remember for sure about the second trial, I only remember that the prosecution was reminded they couldn't use the molestation during the second trial. The molestation wasn't the part of the case that was what made me feel that Camm was guilty.

kcksum, I remember the Dowollaby (spelling?) case and it did turn out that he was innocent. I have enjoyed your viewpoints and opinions.

Happy New Year to all!

Boyz_Mum said:
I personally do believe that Camm is guilty- I only wish the dots between him and Boney could have been connected more thoroughly. (That's just the part of my curiousity that wasn't satisfied as far as "answers".) I don't remember for sure about the second trial, I only remember that the prosecution was reminded they couldn't use the molestation during the second trial. The molestation wasn't the part of the case that was what made me feel that Camm was guilty.

kcksum, I remember the Dowollaby (spelling?) case and it did turn out that he was innocent. I have enjoyed your viewpoints and opinions.

Happy New Year to all!
thank you,
I realize my opinion might not be the popular one, but I stand by it. I of course understand we have a great justice system in this country, that's why I love this site. I do however believe it has been more than proven that people who are innocent are found guilty in this country from time to time. I know the jury gets it right most of the time. I don't think that's a good enough reason to blindly turn an eye when someone who might be innocent gets a crappy trial.That list of many people who were actually guilty and then are found guilty would mean a hill of beans to a man wrongly convicted of slaughtering his family. I believe we may never know, there is just something about this case that left too much unanswered for a conviction to have been handed down. That's just my humble opinion though, and one I can live with and sleep well with.

nanandjim said:
and that would mean what to someone like Dowallaby who spent years in prison convicted for not only killing Jaqueline but visciously raping her? So the justice system works most of the time......what does that have to do with the fact that sometimes it doesn't? Comparing one to the other just confirms what I said, that some people in this country are found guilty who are and some people who are found guilty aren't. I never raised the idea that there aren't guilty people in prison, so why counter that as your argument? I never said there were more innocent people in prison than guilty people in prison.....I am fully aware of the math. I believe if there are ANY innocent people in prison for things they didn't do that it is one of the worst travesty's there is. Talking about how many guilty people there have been doesn't change their situation one bit.

"LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A former Indiana state trooper has asked the Indiana Supreme Court to overturn his conviction of murdering his wife and two children seven years ago."
"

Camm was convicted in 2002 of murdering his wife, Kimberly, 35, along his children, Jill, 5, Bradley, 7, in the garage of their home in the southern Indiana town of Georgetown in September 2000. He was serving a 195-year prison sentence when the state appeals court overturned the verdict, ruling that testimony about Camm's extramarital affairs had unfairly biased jurors":(
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/14334048/detail.html?rss=ind&psp=news

This scares me

I remember his second trial...I followed that one and I believe CTV had it on.
I hope to heck he doesn't get away with murdering his whole family. I remember that he tried to blame it on some guy that was supposedly there at the time of the murders. Can't remember what happened to the second guy but he may have been sent up too. I firmly believe that David Cam is responsible for the murders of his whole family. I remember that his alibi was he was playing in a ball game but the Pros figured out that he wasn't seen at the game during the whole game and could have gone home and went back.
I don't see how he can get away with saying that two trials were messed up.

Would be a sad day if the conviction were overturned.....he needs to rot for killing his family!

Would be a sad day if the conviction were overturned.....he needs to rot for killing his family!
I agree. David Camm is responsible for his family's deaths. A guy named, Bonet or something like that, was also convicted. He refused to testify against Camm. I really wish that he'd change his mind. I guess that he would have to spend his life in protective custody if he did.

Camm's extramarital affairs provided motive. This sounds like another way to hamstring a trial and make it more difficult to try murderers.

The affairs are not motive, but it does goes to character. There could be some people that see if he had affairs, then he murdered his family. But one does not equal the other. Bias by some jurors as a man having one or more affairs has to do with the value system or morals. We all know how people feel about others that have had affairs. So yes, it was correct to over turn the vedict, because the affairs were not proven to go to motive, nor used as motive.

Now with the next one, I don't know. It may be similiar, but hoping that the verdict is upheld.

The affairs are not motive, but it does goes to character. There could be some people that see if he had affairs, then he murdered his family. But one does not equal the other. Bias by some jurors as a man having one or more affairs has to do with the value system or morals. We all know how people feel about others that have had affairs. So yes, it was correct to over turn the vedict, because the affairs were not proven to go to motive, nor used as motive.

Now with the next one, I don't know. It may be similiar, but hoping that the verdict is upheld.

I agree. Not everyone who has an affair murders their family, but certainly anyone on a jury who was cheated on would have that anger of their own in the back of their mind.

That's how I was with OJ. I didn't care if he killed his ex wife and lover or not - I wanted him convicted simply because he had beaten her previously.

And I'm not a bad person, I just have feelings from being a victim of abuse in my past that would have clouded my judgement in his case.

I don't understand how the extra marital affair could cause an overturn???

I agree it goes to motive... If the state has the burden to proof beyond reasonable doubt then what is wrong with the jury hearing this??

It would only be wrong IMO if the affair was not proven.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22
Back