IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just voicing an observation that hasn't left me, but hasn't been mentioned, since the first day I read Kristy's case. It is, Kristy's friends apparently said the reason Kristy didn't leave the VFW the same time they left (for the other bar), is because Kristy had to use the restroom first. Therefore, Kristy would have done so immediately upon their leaving, right? Yet, reading further along the thread, one learns what Kristy really did was sit and visit with the bartender, a friend of hers, until work duties called the bartender to the back room. When she returned, Kristy had left the building and her car wasn't in the lot.

Don't know the meaning of the conflicting information, other than it doesn't match the story the couple told. It's been reported the couple left an hour earlier (before Kristy went missing). Kristy surely would have noticed her phone wasn't on her if she had used the restroom immediately after her friends left the bar. I guess Kristy could have mentioned needing to use the restroom as an excuse if she didn't feel like following them. Since she was scheduled to work early in the morning, why wouldn't she say she's heading home? Besides there was tension between the friends earlier anyway. Kristy probably stayed to vent to the bartender about whatever the problems were. I doubt Kristy intended to meet them at the other bar.

Why would Kristy have to make an excuse not to go with them and if they truly believed she intended to follow them within a short time period, why wouldn't they have been concerned enough to call when she was a no show? For sure, if it were my girlfriend, I'd be ringing her cellphone after 20 minutes tops considering I was expecting her per our last conversation. If KK didn't answer her phone, I'd be concerned. What's up with the conflicting stories?

Just voicing an observation that hasn't left me, but hasn't been mentioned, since the first day I read Kristy's case. It is, Kristy's friends apparently said the reason Kristy didn't leave the VFW the same time they left (for the other bar), is because Kristy had to use the restroom first. Therefore, Kristy would have done so immediately upon their leaving, right? Yet, reading further along the thread, one learns what Kristy really did was sit and visit with the bartender, a friend of hers, until work duties called the bartender to the back room. When she returned, Kristy had left the building and her car wasn't in the lot.

Don't know the meaning of the conflicting information, other than it doesn't match the story the couple told. It's been reported the couple left an hour earlier (before Kristy went missing). Kristy surely would have noticed her phone wasn't on her if she had used the restroom immediately after her friends left the bar. I guess Kristy could have mentioned needing to use the restroom as an excuse if she didn't feel like following them. Since she was scheduled to work early in the morning, why wouldn't she say she's heading home? Besides there was tension between the friends earlier anyway. Kristy probably stayed to vent to the bartender about whatever the problems were. I doubt Kristy intended to meet them at the other bar.

Why would Kristy have to make an excuse not to go with them and if they truly believed she intended to follow them within a short time period, why wouldn't they have been concerned enough to call when she was a no show? For sure, if it were my girlfriend, I'd be ringing her cellphone after 20 minutes tops considering I was expecting her per our last conversation. If KK didn't answer her phone, I'd be concerned. What's up with the conflicting stories?

Agree with all of this, but I also think facts could be being misreported in MSM. Not saying they are, but MSM always messes details like that up.

Ok I did find some discussion on the Warrick County Awareness page that made me understand what you guys were talking about. Tensions are running high :(

I wish they would just stayed focused, nobody wants to see them air their grievances with one another online. Who cares what their issues are with one another. I don't want to see it and i think it's tacky.

I wish they would just stayed focused, nobody wants to see them air their grievances with one another online. Who cares what their issues are with one another. I don't want to see it and i think it's tacky.

I think their intentions were pure(benefit) just poor planning. People feel disappointed(no benefit) and frustrated( cases aren't resolved).

This family is missing their daughter/cousin/sister, and if they feel that someone is not being helpful, even if it is not true or is some misunderstanding, their wishes should be honored. Even if they seem cranky or unreasonable. They are going through hell so any reaction is probably to be expected at this point.

On the other hand, drawing attention to the argument is just stirring the drama pot, and both sides appear to be guilty of that right now. One or the other of them needs to just pretend the other doesn't exist and stop talking about it. It's distracting people from the ultimate goal.

Me too. If my daughter went missing I would want any and all help.

I think this goes back further than kristys disappearance. One of the administrators on wca page is quit the whistle blower and pushes for change. People around here dont like that sort of thing.

Do you guys want to do a "Just the Facts" list?

Sometimes when it gets to this stage, it helps me to separate fact from rumor. This can get a little tricky though, so are you guys up for it? We have to set aside our sensitivities (and we all -- understandably -- have things we are sensitive about, to some extent).

But what I was thinking is that anybody can jump in and list a "fact" -- we'll number them...but if someone lists something that others have reason to object that it is NOT an actual fact (but rumor or secondhand info/not confirmed by a legitimate source), then we are all accepting of not adding that item as "fact" to our list. I realize this is, in many ways, what WSers already do...but sometimes it can sneak up on us -- we assume something as fact that isn't -- or we overlook facts that have come into the case...and then we get off-track in our sleuthing.:websleuther:

Anybody up for this? And anybody want to be the "judge" (not me!...I am horrible about being afraid of hurting people's feelings, even when THEY are fine with whatever!) -- someone OK with tossing out what is not a confirmed fact/legitimate observation...?

I really want us to make a dent in this case...and sometimes it can help to just go back to the basics. What do ya guys think -- worth our time to compile a list of facts, or is it redundant? Won't hurt my feelings a bit if nobody is onboard, believe me. And when I say "facts," I don't just mean what has been confirmed...but also what our own reasonable conclusions are...for instance, "Kristy was not 'done up' with tons of makeup when she was at the bar." We SAW that, from the picture. That's just a minor point, but that's why I mention it -- we may be surprised at how much info we nail down. And every little bit adds to the full picture of the evening, IMHO.

Do you guys want to do a "Just the Facts" list?

Sometimes when it gets to this stage, it helps me to separate fact from rumor. This can get a little tricky though, so are you guys up for it? We have to set aside our sensitivities (and we all -- understandably -- have things we are sensitive about, to some extent).

But what I was thinking is that anybody can jump in and list a "fact" -- we'll number them...but if someone lists something that others have reason to object that it is NOT an actual fact (but rumor or secondhand info/not confirmed by a legitimate source), then we are all accepting of not adding that item as "fact" to our list. I realize this is, in many ways, what WSers already do...but sometimes it can sneak up on us -- we assume something as fact that isn't -- or we overlook facts that have come into the case...and then we get off-track in our sleuthing.:websleuther:

Anybody up for this? And anybody want to be the "judge" (not me!...I am horrible about being afraid of hurting people's feelings, even when THEY are fine with whatever!) -- someone OK with tossing out what is not a confirmed fact/legitimate observation...?

I really want us to make a dent in this case...and sometimes it can help to just go back to the basics. What do ya guys think -- worth our time to compile a list of facts, or is it redundant? Won't hurt my feelings a bit if nobody is onboard, believe me. And when I say "facts," I don't just mean what has been confirmed...but also what our own reasonable conclusions are...for instance, "Kristy was not 'done up' with tons of makeup when she was at the bar." We SAW that, from the picture. That's just a minor point, but that's why I mention it -- we may be surprised at how much info we nail down. And every little bit adds to the full picture of the evening, IMHO.

I don't mind that. Sometimes speculation can muddy the waters, so a list of facts might be helpful! I think we're spinning our wheels at this point so it could be a good exercise.

A few questions though:

-Is it a fact if we saw someone in the family say something early when she went missing online, but it hasn't been discussed since and has been removed due to not wanting people to speculate?

-I would assume anything the family may had said privately is off limits? Only facts that have been stated in public?

I don't mind that. Sometimes speculation can muddy the waters, so a list of facts might be helpful! I think we're spinning our wheels at this point so it could be a good exercise.

A few questions though:

-Is it a fact if we saw someone in the family say something early when she went missing online, but it hasn't been discussed since and has been removed due to not wanting people to speculate?

-I would assume anything the family may had said privately is off limits? Only facts that have been stated in public?
I would think facts backed up with a link or statements made by a verified insider would do..jmo.

I am new to WS, have been lurking as I am from tri-state area & this is just too close to home. I have been reading anything I can get my hands on for 10+ days so I can help w/facts. I really want someone to find a new clue of some type. I wish LE would tell us a tiny bit more. Waiting is not my strong suit.

Questions by fellow WSers clarified later in this thread by moderator Bessie:)

I am new to WS, have been lurking as I am from tri-state area & this is just too close to home. I have been reading anything I can get my hands on for 10+ days so I can help w/facts. I really want someone to find a new clue of some type. I wish LE would tell us a tiny bit more. Waiting is not my strong suit.

Welcome aboard MommyDoll2:wagon:

There was some discussion earlier on Kristy possibly being a smoker. I was looking through the list of pages she likes on FB and included was a local "vape" store which is a place that sells e-cigs. So that definitely points to the possibility that she smokes or smoked in the past and has tried to quit by switching to an e-cig.

I would think facts backed up with a link or statements made by a verified insider would do..jmo.

Topcat,
Ya wanna be the one to rule things "in or out" as facts? I think you would do a good job.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK