Found Deceased IN - Kyran Holland, 1, Kyannah Holland, 2, Kyle Moorman II, 5, & dad, Kyle Moorman, 27, Indianapolis, 6 Jul 2022

Unfortunately I don’t think that the car rolled into the pond at slow speed.

Video of the car being removed showed a vehicle that looked like it had been in an accident. The vehicle was totalled. The front, and roof of the car, were caved in.

It looks to me as if it hit something at high speed and then rolled.

MOO
Oooohhh I haven't seen that video! Off to look! This whole thing has been incredibly strange.

I haven't seen the car. I can't bear to look.

What would've caused that level of damage? Impact from another vehicle?
MOO, It was mentioned earlier in this thread that the pond was actually a former quarry site... I wonder if the damage is just from the car dropping so far down and hitting large rock formations? If the front of the car is damaged, that would seem to indicate that the car was probably facing the pond rather than him having the car backed onto the boat ramp and fishing out of the back though.

Probably the old 'time and money' excuse.....
I find it kind of disappointing that each agency has a different way of handling missing persons some are very proactive and on it from day one and others are, just for lack of a better word lazy about it. Now I get that this was a grown man but there were a few variables in place that they could have at been a little more hands on just to be sure they were not in the lake at all. I review a lot of cases, past and present and its very frustrating to see how some of these are handled and no agency is the same, heartbreaking actually. So many "What If's" about if police had reacted sooner.

I just looked at the video of the car being hauled away. The back bumper is falling off and the roof across the top of the windshield is crushed. I have no idea how fast a car can sink... would hitting rocks while sinking do this kind of damage? I wouldn't think a car "falls" through water that quickly. Could the damage have been caused when they dragged it out maybe?

UPDATE: Indianapolis Metropolitan Police confirm that the bodies of three children and an adult male have been recovered from the south side pond near Troy Ave. and Bluff Rd. where a missing family was last seen before they disappeared. Authorities have not yet confirmed the recovered bodies are those of the missing Moorman family, but say that all signs point to that conclusion.

Indianapolis Fire Department divers located a car at the bottom of the pond matching the description of the vehicle belonging to Kyle Moorman. The bodies of three children were found inside, deceased. The body of an adult male was found in the pond earlier on Tuesday.

This story will be updated as additional confirmed information is released by authorities.
  • Adult male pulled from the water
  • Pronounced dead at the scene
  • Located a vehicle at the same body of the water.
  • Three young children found inside of the car.
  • Can’t identify if they were to confirm if it was Kyle
  • All signs point to Kyle and his kids were in the car
  • Death investigation
  • Car matches the vehicle being driven by Kyle Moorman

Unfortunately I don’t think that the car rolled into the pond at slow speed.

Video of the car being removed showed a vehicle that looked like it had been in an accident. The vehicle was totalled. The front, and roof of the car, were caved in.

It looks to me as if it hit something at high speed and then rolled.

MOO
I think there was a report from 2 girls he was allegedly texting, as he sat inside the car at the lake. They allege that he texted them that his phone was dying, and he couldn't charge it. Could someone else come along and hit the car?

I hope the family gets answers.

I think there was a report from 2 girls he was allegedly texting, as he sat inside the car at the lake. They allege that he texted them that his phone was dying, and he couldn't charge it. Could someone else come along and hit the car?

I hope the family gets answers.
I don't see that happening, although anything is possible. The pond doesn't seem to be easily accessible, there is a fence with a gate and a small parking area. It was also stated that no tire tracks were found.map.PNG

I don't see that happening, although anything is possible. The pond doesn't seem to be easily accessible, there is a fence with a gate and a small parking area. It was also stated that no tire tracks were found.View attachment 354150
Oh, I guess that would make it difficult. I do hope that the family gets answers though. Right now I'm certain they are overwhelmed with grief. I was thinking that as time goes on, the lack of answers might make it harder to deal with that grief. Praying for the family.

The fact he went fishing at 11:30 at night with 3 littles, as a parent, makes zero sense to me. Unless he had a tent for them to sleep in, what was the plan? 3 cranky kids does not make for a good fishing trip. Makes no sense to me.
Many people fish at night in these ponds. It has been extremely hot and humid here during the day.

I can believe that he wanted to night fish, but that is only one possible scenario.

I am wondering if he had fishing poles and supplies in his car.

Although this thought won’t really help figure anything out, if he was planning to charge his phone, why didn’t he just plug it in while he was in the car and continue using it. If he was texting when he arrived at park, and low on gas, possibly he turned off the car quickly but forgot to put it in park. Got out and then car started to roll and he dove in trying to save everyone. There are so many possibilities.

Beyond heartbreaking.

Like others, I wonder if the babies were asleep, Kyle was fishing from the ramp. Without a parking brake, the car could have rolled .... his phone had no juice, he would've tried to get in the car to stop it. Deep reservoir, door open, it would have filled fast and sunk faster. Do we know if Kyle could swim? Even an Olympic swimmer would be no match for water that deep, that dark, that cold.

IMO he drowned trying to save his babies.

JMO
Indy22 mentioned that the car had temporary plates...was it new to Kyle? He may have not been so familiar with the location of controls, especially if the car had started to roll in the dark. I'm so sad for all of the family. How do you move on from 4 deaths all at once?

I just saw the news. I'm so sad over this, I can barely type. Kyle, play & run & fish in Heaven with your babies every day. My prayers are with the family here now - I can't imagine what they are going through. @Indy22 - please pass our condolences from our group here at WS to the family & let them know that while we only knew Kyle & the babies a short while, we care.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss mustang
Back