IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if there are 10 "friends" being polly'd how many of these people were at the last apt. that she left from? and maybe this has been mentioned and i just missed it, but, is it known whether the boyfriend ever stayed at laurens apt. or if they lived together? is he someone she met at school and started dating or has she been dating him prior to going off to college? in regard to the "shoes" being left at the bar - i wonder if this altercation between the males originated at the bar and that is why they left possibly in haste and hurried to her apt. just to realize that they didnt have keys to get in and then the others followed them and showed up and assaulted the guy she was with??? i wonder why there was such difficulty in retrieving the security vids from the complex? where did the boys go after they struck her friend in the face? were they also residents of smallwood? or did they flee the location? and are these part of the "10" being looked at? im so confused :/ lol

The Indiana Daily Student just tweeted from the police press conference that they had divers out at Lake Monroe yesterday and they will be back in the water searching today as well.

Also Lauren was not involved in the altercation but police wouldn't say whether or not she was near it.

Still no suspects, just persons of interest.

I wonder if LE has checked the cell phone records of all the acquaintances involved?
Not only could they have made calls, but shouldn't they be able to find out where those people were early Friday morning?

If one of them suddenly made a 6 a.m. trip to rural Monroe county, that would open up the case.

"Comments for Lawyer says Lauren Spierer's companion has no memory of their last moments together"

AMW website reports “The acquaintance watched her walk away because she said she wanted to go to home, and he watched her to see if she was making it all right, and that’s as far as he watched her,” BPD Lt. Bill Parker said at a June 9 press conference.

So did he watch her walk a block or does he not have any memory of their last moments?
Things are not adding up with this "friend".

the idea that some college boys would snatch a girl off the streets, kill her and dump her body someplace all because of an early morning fight seems a bit extreme to me.

nothing is out of the realm of possibility, but it does not sound like a probable outcome to me. I tend to think some creep saw her walking (or stumbling) at 4:30 a.m. and took advantage of the situation.

"Comments for Lawyer says Lauren Spierer's companion has no memory of their last moments together"

AMW website reports “The acquaintance watched her walk away because she said she wanted to go to home, and he watched her to see if she was making it all right, and that’s as far as he watched her,” BPD Lt. Bill Parker said at a June 9 press conference.

So did he watch her walk a block or does he not have any memory of their last moments?

I've heard multiple stories, but I think there may be two male acquaintances. The one who reportedly blacked out (from alcohol? from the punch? from both? who knows) was the original male friend (Male#1) who was with her at Smallwood and then at his apartment. The one who saw her walk away was a different male acquaintance (Male#2) who lived at the same building as Male#1.

if the guy was drunk, under the influence of drugs or injured from a fight, it would not surprise me at all if he does not recall precise details (and that presupposes he was not actually involved in her demise).

The article that talks about the friend who has no memory of the night, etc. also says there was another altercation at the next building they went into? What the heck went on that night?

It looks like this "lohud.com" site is reporting information found nowhere else, with sketchy writing and numerous grammar/spelling/wording mistakes. Personally, I am taking anything from there with a huge grain of salt, and relying more on the ids news (IU's paper), and other local coverage (Bloomington Herald Times, IndyStar, etc.). Just FWIW :)

Lower Hudson (LoHud) Valley is Lauren's hometown. One of their local reporters (crime, the courts) is S Cohen. I don't see "sketchy writing and numerous grammar/spelling/wording mistakes" in the particular article. Even the Indy Star (referenced in post) has an article written by him published today.

He has won numerous awards for his reporting, including three annual awards from the New York Newspaper Publishers Association.

http://crimescene.lohudblogs.com/author/spcohen/

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...udent-s-disappearance-stirs-Hoosier-s-despair

The article that talks about the friend who has no memory of the night, etc. also says there was another altercation at the next building they went into? What the heck went on that night?

Extremely drunk people behaving belligerently would be my guess.

"Street cameras between the Smallwood apartments and the apartments she visited at 11th and Morton streets did capture additional footage of the 20-year-old student, Parker said. This footage is "basically just her presence going through the camera field," Parker said. She is with someone else in this video "making their way" to the apartment, Parker said."

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/09/news.635642.sto

I just read the above. If street cameras captured Lauren and friend going to his apartment, they must have picked up something from her return, unless she reportedly took a different route around these cameras. My hunch is the police know a lot more than they're telling (duh) and that these street cameras may answer some questions.

I wonder why no one has really mentioned the street cameras until now?

It sounds more and more to me like somebody slipped something into their drinks. My friend got slipped GHB at a fancy bar, made her way into a bathroom, and collapsed on the couch. That's where we found her after a frantic search of all the booths. She was extremely uncooperative and angry when we woke her up. I can see how somebody would get into a fight in that state. She wanted us to just leave her alone. But we knew from her behavior that something was very wrong: she was NOT given to anger and cursing normally, and she'd only had one drink in our company and then one more with the man with whom she'd been flirting. So we ignored her rudeness and got her home safely.

Anyway, long story short, the next morning, she could recall nothing that had happened after she entered the bathroom at the bar.

I guess what I'm saying is, if this kid is telling the truth, maybe he got slipped something (meant for Lauren, maybe?), but man, it doesn't look good for him.

Edited to add: I should mention that I also got slipped something once, four years after the above incident, but I didn't finish the drink (it was my second and last) because I thought it tasted strange, and I was traveling with a group of people I had just met at the hostel, so i didn't want to take chances. Nevertheless, the effect was enough to make me slur and stumble and forget the address of the place I was staying. But I remembered everything in the morning. So...yeah. If this guy had been drinking with her, they both might have been drugged, to different effects.

Lower Hudson (LoHud) Valley is Lauren's hometown. One of their local reporters (crime, the courts) is S Cohen. I don't see "sketchy writing and numerous grammar/spelling/wording mistakes" in the particular article. Even the Indy Star (referenced in post) has an article written by him published today.

He has won numerous awards for his reporting, including three annual awards from the New York Newspaper Publishers Association.

http://crimescene.lohudblogs.com/author/spcohen/

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...udent-s-disappearance-stirs-Hoosier-s-despair

Ah, ok. I was concerned at first because this was the source that reported the "altercation" that the family then denied. I have just been so confused by this case so far that it's hard to know what to believe.

Another reward:

Bloomington attorney Ken Nunn is pledging his own $25,000 “for the apprehension and conviction of the people responsible” in Spierer’s disappearance.

Nunn said that he’s convinced someone knows what happen to Spierer. “If that person would flip and tell, then that’s what this $25,000 is about,” he said Thursday morning.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/09/news.635642.sto

Unfortunately, I doubt this is a random, evil monster/s who scooped Lauren up from the streets of this college town.

This is what may have been going on that night:

Anti-Semitic vandalism reported at IU-Bloomington
Updated: Dec 17, 2010 3:08 PM
http://www.wthr.com/story/13591016/anti-semitic-vandalism-reported-at-iu-bloomington

Bloomington - A series of possible hate crimes on Indiana University's main campus has the FBI taking notice.

Chabad House, a Jewish organization was hit for a second time this week.

"Chabad is a warm place. A warm place that people feel they belong," said Rabbi Yehoshua Chincholker at Chabad House.

A giant rock smashed a window, skipped across the floor and took with it a sense of security and peace. Rabbi Yehoshua can hardly believe what has happened.

The facebook page has been altered, but it seemed like Lauren's friends were talking about these "problems".

I think the altercation could have something to do with these alleged problems. However, I think Lauren's dissapearance might be completely unrelated. She can have just encountred some bad luck after these episodes.

My speculation is that Lauren was with her friend, he got punched, she took him home, then something happened to her when she was walking back to her house. I will be surprised if this boy, CR, who got punched, have anything to do with whatever happened to Lauren.

This reminds me of the Yeardly Love case, her boyfriend (recently ex) was drunk, jealous and killed her. Not saying that is what happened here, but this is my theory.

Lauren was supposedly with boyfriend earlier in the night but not later and we wonder why that was. Perhaps they got into a fight at the bar, or she sees him flirting with another girl, she leaves in a rush (hence not bothering to get her shoes). She leaves with male #1 (either done in spite to the boyfriend or he is a friend and is concerned and walks her home).

BF follows them there along with his friends, thus the altercation in the lobby. Lauren takes male #1 to his house to help him with his injury. BF and friends follow them there, thus the second altercation mentioned. male #1 passes out/falls asleep and Lauren goes to male #2's apartment. she then leaves at some later time and male #2 watches her walk home for part of the walk.

Lauren arrives back at her apt and angry BF is there waiting for her.

Her parents must know something that the media does not because they were out searching the lakes (10 miles away) from the start.

This is JMO, the bf is not a suspect to my knowledge.

There are two "events" that have my "hinky meter" going.

The first is the fact that the police came with a "battering ram" to force open the room that had the security tapes. I have never heard of such a thing. The suggestion is that this was some sort of "snafu" involving Smallwood employees who couldn't locate the employee who had the key or some such issue. It doesn't smell right. By Sunday, it was "known" that Lauren never made it back to the Smallwood on the 4:30 trip. I assumed that this was because she was not seen on the security video. (Is this correct?) Then Tuesday they come back with a warrant and a battering ram. It sounds like they didn't want any EMPLOYEE of the Smallwood to know they wanted additional security videos. (Is an employee one of their POI's?).

The second hinky event is the "altercation" between the "friend" and the "group of boys" at the Smallwood that apparently prevented them from entering her apartment. Young men who have been drinking get into "fights" but this sounds different. I would assume that the "boys" involved have been identified and have given full statements. If was just a little “misunderstanding" I would think it would have been publically explained. The fact that it hasn't been suggess that LE believes it might be relevant to the abduction. I wonder about the "friend's" lack of memory of the event. He could have been drugged, very drunk in a blackout or suffering a "head injury memory loss" but he would have explained his injury to the other friends they partied with that night.

I am assuming now that the purse and keys did not belong to Lauren. If this is not the case, could someone so advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte