IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look for a creepy guy just out of jail with violence vs woman but not on the sex offenders list in that apt complex.

Statistically it's less likely that she was taken by a random stranger ... although not impossible.

Given the odd tone of the evening that she disappeared, lots of aggressiveness, drinking, lost memories ... and the statistical probability that it was someone she knows, I'd definitely start looking at friends and aquaintances.

I understand. But how would a drunk and jealous college kid hide his girlfriend's body so well? I mean, that's a little too much you know? No signs of Lauren yet.

I personally think he panicked and drove to the lake and dumped her there. It is the only reason I can think of why the search was started so soon at the lake which is from what I understand, not within walking distance of where she was last seen.

She has been mentioned to have a heart condition that can cause issues with simply being startled. Perhaps he didn't kill her, but she was so upset from fighting with him that her poor heart gave out. He was drunk and not thinking clearly and...

Statistically it's unlikely that she was taken by a random stranger ... although not impossible.

Given the odd tone of the evening that she disappeared, lots of aggressiveness, drinking, lost memories ... and the statistical probability that it was someone she knows, I'd definitely start looking at friends and aquaintances.

I understand. But I would take everything we have so far with a grain of salt. Was the friend really being aggressive towards her, or with the group of guys in the lobby? A drunker altercation is one thing, I have seen my friends get involved in those a lot of times. However, murdering and concealing one of their friend's body is something completely different.

I personally think he panicked and drove to the lake and dumped her there. It is the only reason I can think of why the search was started so soon at the lake which is from what I understand, not within walking distance of where she was last seen.

She has been mentioned to have a heart condition that can cause issues with simply being startled. Perhaps he didn't kill her, but she was so upset from fighting with him that her poor heart gave out. He was drunk and not thinking clearly and...

The boyfriend or the CR, the male acquaintance with the lawyer?
That's a possibility. Still very cold for a regular college kid. He would have spoken or cracked under pressure by now.

The only possibility is if this kid is actually a psycopath, and not just a regular college kid. I mean, who keeps a secret like this for so long? Definetly not your average jealous, drunken college kid.

It just seems to be she would have been alone on that street a very short time, leaving a very small window for someone completely unconnected to come along and swoop in and grab her. And then, if a stranger, what would be leading them to the lake? They would not have pings from a stranger, or have interviewed a stranger...had to be something that leads LE to think someone put her in the lake...

Admittedly I haven't read through the entire thread, just the last few pages - but did anyone other than the male friend see her leave the apartment and head home?

It just seems to be she would have been alone on that street a very short time, leaving a very small window for someone completely unconnected to come along and swoop in and grab her. And then, if a stranger, what would be leading them to the lake? They would not have pings from a stranger, or have interviewed a stranger...had to be something that leads LE to think someone put her in the lake...

Not really... someone could have grabbed her, put her in a car, took her somewhere and perhaps had the whole morning to do something to her/dispose of the body.

Maybe they are witnesses that saw a man near the lake that morning? Who knows!

For me it seems unlikely that her friend or boyfriend did something to her. It's my gut feeling. I saw both guy's facebook page. Am I allowed to post the link? I have a VERY hard time believing these kids would be able to do something like this... and not have cracked under pressure.

Unless, of course, they have some serious personality disorders.

Not really... someone could have grabbed her, put her in a car, took her somewhere and perhaps had the whole morning to do something to her/dispose of the body.

Maybe they are witnesses that saw a man near the lake that morning? Who knows!

For me it seems unlikely that her friend or boyfriend did something to her. It's my gut feeling. I saw both guy's facebook page. Am I allowed to post the link? I have a VERY hard time believing these kids would be able to do something like this... and not have cracked under pressure.

Unless, of course, they have some serious personality disorders.

But then what specific info leads LE to the lake, when we know they are talking to about 10 POI's, who were around Lauren that night? I don't think LE would take a comment such as "maybe someone put her in the lake" would be considered a specific tip.

But then what specific info leads LE to the lake, when we know they are talking to about 10 POI's, who were around Lauren that night? I don't think LE would take a comment such as "maybe someone put her in the lake" would be considered a specific tip.

I have no idea. This case is really weird. Like I said, if a boyfriend got angry, hit her, accidentally killed her - I wouldn't be surprised. But commiting such a seemingless "clean" crime on a drunken state? Seems far-fetched to me.

I wonder if they have looked at the boyfriend's and friend's cars? If they have one... That should have been the first place to look at.

I don't think it is a stranger because strangers don't usually take the trouble to get rid of the body in such a way that it is so hard to find. When they kill a person they don't know, it is usually a robbery gone bad or a sex crime. Their main goal would be to get it done and get out of there fast... maybe leave the body in a weedy lot or back alley or dump it on a country road.

People who go to great lengths to hide the body usually do it because they have some connection with the victim and know that they will be on the suspect list if a body is found, which makes it likely that they would be asked for a DNA sample.

With all of the hoopla that went on that night between Lauren, Friends 1 & 2, her boyfriend and unnamed others involved in an altercation, I just find it very likely that someone was angry or jealous and took it out on Lauren.

There is no difference between a college student going to great lengths to hide a body and anyone else who kills a friend or loved one. They would know they would be a suspect and will do whatever they can to see that the body is not found so that evidence cannot be used against them. (Casey Anthony was the same age as these kids and look at that mess!)

All JMO!

Once again based upon what I've seen on Campus PD, parties go on for hours, lots of young people and noise - so while there is small time window to perhaps grab one specific person, there is allot of time to watch for an easy target...

I don't think it is a stranger because strangers don't usually take the trouble to get rid of the body in such a way that it is so hard to find. When they kill a person they don't know, it is usually a robbery gone bad or a sex crime. Their main goal would be to get it done and get out of there fast... maybe leave the body in a weedy lot or back alley or dump it on a country road.

People who go to great lengths to hide the body usually do it because they have some connection with the victim and know that they will be on the suspect list if a body is found, which makes it likely that they would be asked for a DNA sample.

With all of the hoopla that went on that night between Lauren, Friends 1 & 2, her boyfriend and unnamed others involved in an altercation, I just find it very likely that someone was angry or jealous and took it out on Lauren.

There is no difference between a college student going to great lengths to hide a body and anyone else who kills a friend or loved one. They would know they would be a suspect and will do whatever they can to see that the body is not found so that evidence cannot be used against them. (Casey Anthony was the same age as these kids and look at that mess!)

All JMO!

Possibly. Casey is a crazy sociopath though. These kids seems to be well-educated and normal. I guess I'm just trying to not believe that one of her friends could have harmed her.

And I mean, look at Morgan Harrington's murderer. He sure went to great lenghts to hide her body...

I think someone failed the polygraph and they're finally getting information from someone.

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...f-last-man-to-see-missing-ny-coed-is-revealed
Police have identified and interviewed the friend whose apartment missing Westchester County co-ed Lauren Spierer was last seen leaving at 4:30 a.m. on Friday.

Other students encountered Spierer, 20, and CR as they left the building. The New York Post interviewed those students who state that Spierer was intoxicated and that CR appeared to be bothering her and became angry when they asked him to back off. One of the students is reported to have said, "He was being overly aggressive … being so belligerent."

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...f-last-man-to-see-missing-ny-coed-is-revealed
Police have identified and interviewed the friend whose apartment missing Westchester County co-ed Lauren Spierer was last seen leaving at 4:30 a.m. on Friday.

Other students encountered Spierer, 20, and CR as they left the building. The New York Post interviewed those students who state that Spierer was intoxicated and that CR appeared to be bothering her and became angry when they asked him to back off. One of the students is reported to have said, "He was being overly aggressive … being so belligerent."

That sounds like tabloid talk. I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Just a few thoughts as I am reading thru posts getting caught up from early this morning...

Re:
Thoughts on this being similar to Yeardley case.. That Laurens boyfriend was waiting for her at her apt when she came home and there was a fight..

Lauren never made it home. And even stopping by her apts earlier with male friend She did not ever make it to her apt to even get shoes.. Lauren had Roomates that were home and knew that she never came home at all that night or morning..

So we do know for certain she never was back at her apt..

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

Re: thoughts/opinions that things don't look good for the male friend who has lawyer and is stating he has no memory of the night..

This was not the last person to see Lauren.. Lauren walked home with him after the fight to his apt.. But soon thereafter Lauren left him at his apt and went to male #2s apt.. So she was seen by several after having left #1 and it was #2 that watched her walk to the corner and he was the last to see her.

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

That sounds like tabloid talk. I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-fami...t-offers-100k-reward-20110609,0,3522683.story
"According to reports, Lauren Spierer's companion on the last night she was seen, has no memory his last moments with her. CR, Spierer's companion Friday evening, was punched in the face after the two had returned to the Smallwood Plaza apartments.

In an interview, CR's attorney, former Monroe County District Attorney Carl Salzmann, said that CR was at Kilroy's Sports Bar with Spierer before returning to her apartment building at Smallewood Plaza at approximately 2:40 am. CR and Spierer were then involved in a confrontation with another group of young people. Salzmann said his client was told the confrontation occurred in a 5th floor elevator with several acquaintances of Spierer. At some point Rossman was struck.

"He got his clock cleaned I guess" said Salzmann.

According to Salzmann CR and Spierer then left and returned to his apartment. Spierer was last seen leaving the apartment building at 4:30 am, heading back to her own apartment.

"He has no independent recollection of a lot of the time frames before and after the assault. Somebody punches you in the head you have a possible concussion," said Salzmann."

Convenient IMO

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-fami...t-offers-100k-reward-20110609,0,3522683.story
"According to reports, Lauren Spierer's companion on the last night she was seen, has no memory his last moments with her. CR, Spierer's companion Friday evening, was punched in the face after the two had returned to the Smallwood Plaza apartments.

In an interview, CR's attorney, former Monroe County District Attorney Carl Salzmann, said that CR was at Kilroy's Sports Bar with Spierer before returning to her apartment building at Smallewood Plaza at approximately 2:40 am. CR and Spierer were then involved in a confrontation with another group of young people. Salzmann said his client was told the confrontation occurred in a 5th floor elevator with several acquaintances of Spierer. At some point Rossman was struck.

"He got his clock cleaned I guess" said Salzmann.

According to Salzmann CR and Spierer then left and returned to his apartment. Spierer was last seen leaving the apartment building at 4:30 am, heading back to her own apartment.

"He has no independent recollection of a lot of the time frames before and after the assault. Somebody punches you in the head you have a possible concussion," said Salzmann."

Convenient IMO

Saltzman's "clock cleaned" comments rubs me the wrong way, for some reason...kind of over the top, i.e. TMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74