IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recognize that or the buildings in the background.

Perhaps if you email me the raw pic, I can get the gps data off it and pinpoint its location, (assuming you used a cell phone camera).

Err, wait. I went back thru your pics and see one of the buildings in the background. I must assume that call box is new, or at least I didn't see it on the 6/14 when I took my pics.

See the building on the right.
5898845299_199d97165d_z.jpg

Isn't this a automated parking payment machine? You pay, it issues a receipt that you display in the car? The assistance number is for problems with the machine?

I recall a post or two stating that the early search dogs followed LS to the gravel lot then the trail went cold and that perhaps someone picked her up and carried her across the gravel. I just want to revisit this possibility and reiterate it for those who may not have read the posts before.

Surely the same dogs were taken on her supposed route from 5 North on 11th to the corner of College Ave and to wherever she went from there?

If yes, then given what many of us presume were cadaver dogs at the boys' apts on Wednesday, does this not lend credence to the fact that she never took that route?

If she did walk across the gravel lot, it's not as bad as you think. It's fairly clean gravel and there are flat areas where the gravel is not too high.

The segment of 11th St., the corner of College Ave, and the first block of College is much more dangerous surface: uneven, glass, mud, debris.

Isn't this a automated parking payment machine? You pay, it issues a receipt that you display in the car? The assistance number is for problems with the machine?

It does look like that. I've never seen it nor anything like that in Bloomington. Learn something new every day.

Morgan Harrington was out in the elements for over 4 months when they found her body- she still had some hair & clothing.

I would think we would have heard more about this recent body being found if they thought there was a chance it was Lauren. but who knows? either way, it's someone's loved one. sad.

Good eyes!
Yes it appears to be a parking meter.
Here is [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6841926&postcount=440"]MrTT's post with the pic[/ame].
5899407726_d51cd58043.jpg

Here is an enlarged version of the pic.

They have been putting these in around Bloomington, instead of the old type at each parking space. These meters cover the whole parking lot.
The only other one like it I've noticed is at Bub's Burgers and Ice Cream, just South of this on Morton, right behind Smallwood.

I recall a post or two stating that the early search dogs followed LS to the gravel lot then the trail went cold and that perhaps someone picked her up and carried her across the gravel. I just want to revisit this possibility and reiterate it for those who may not have read the posts before.

Surely the same dogs were taken on her supposed route from 5 North on 11th to the corner of College Ave and to wherever she went from there?

If yes, then given what many of us presume were cadaver dogs at the boys' apts on Wednesday, does this not lend credence to the fact that she never took that route?

I dont know too much about this, but if LS was carried, would that make sense for the dogs to lose her scent? Do the dogs usually only pick up a scent if the person was walking?

If so, then this makes sense...especially since she was barefoot. She could have been carried, or more likely...given a piggy back ride somewhere.

I'm not sure what this article even means. I'm going to take it as they're not going into the investigation assuming that it's LS's body. But obviously they don't know for sure since the article goes on to state that they're not even able to give a basic description.

There are five stages of decomposition, so it depends what stage the body was in, "badly decomposed" is not a stage. Apparently a child was able to identify the body so I am guessing it was not advanced decay. Question is, was there clothing and jewelry which could be identified as LS's and of course was there anything revealing about the teeth? She had a cartilage piercing which may have remained.

We just got a release at Fox59 that states Bloomington PD are looking into the body and are in contact with Impd about it.

I dont know too much about this, but if LS was carried, would that make sense for the dogs to lose her scent? Do the dogs usually only pick up a scent if the person was walking?

If so, then this makes sense...especially since she was barefoot. She could have been carried, or more likely...given a piggy back ride somewhere.

Thanks, I forgot to ask this too. It appears that it's best if a dog is trained to switch back and forth between air scent and trail scent but some handlers train their dog to do one or the other.

http://www.ussartf.org/dogs_search_rescue.htm

It does look like that. I've never seen it nor anything like that in Bloomington. Learn something new every day.

I only know that because we have something like them at the RDU airport (except you insert a paid ticket/receipt to open a gate) and some of the municipal lots in downtown Chapel Hill have recently installed them.

I'm pretty sure that being carried wouldn't matter - tracking dogs can track people along routes in which they've been in a car - being carried wouldn't stop someone's scent from being left behind.

Good eyes!
Yes it appears to be a parking meter.
Here is MrTT's post with the pic.
5899407726_d51cd58043.jpg

Here is an enlarged version of the pic.

They have been putting these in around Bloomington, instead of the old type at each parking space. These meters cover the whole parking lot.
The only other one like it I've noticed is at Bub's Burgers and Ice Cream, just South of this on Morton, right behind Smallwood.

Sorry, it would have been easier for everyone if I'd replied/quoted a post with an actual picture of the meter! These are getting more popular in lots of places because you don't have to have quarters on hand to use it.

I recall a post or two stating that the early search dogs followed LS to the gravel lot then the trail went cold and that perhaps someone picked her up and carried her across the gravel. I just want to revisit this possibility and reiterate it for those who may not have read the posts before...

That post was based on a rumor. As far as I know police have never said anything of the sort.

There are five stages of decomposition, so it depends what stage the body was in, "badly decomposed" is not a stage. Apparently a child was able to identify the body so I am guessing it was not advanced decay. Question is, was there clothing and jewelry which could be identified as LS's and of course was there anything revealing about the teeth? She had a cartilage piercing which may have remained.

All the info I see says it's pretty advanced decomposition-they can't even figure out what race the person was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201