IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And nothing anywhere else either, which is why no one is cleared of suspicion yet, as well as no arrests.

The "wild card" POI for me is MB. I'm getting a bit confused tonight. I realize he was supposedly at 5 North when CR returned there with LS ... writing papers, I believe. But had he also been at JR's earlier in the night, before LS and CR went to Kilroy's? I wonder because it seems to be implied that he was more "sober," which might also mean more clear-headed. But I thought I read somewhere that he, too, had been at JR's earlier? Just wondering ...

There is Tenth and College apartments (facing College) and Tenth and College Village (facing Morton). I've been under the impression that ZO lives in the former; if it is the latter, that appears to be just as covered by cameras (from Btown's pics) though I cannot speak with the same confidence that I have about the former.

Site for each is http://www.cedarviewapts.com/

I looked into this recently using Btown's pics. Village has more at entrances I believe.

Well obviously they didn't find anything. Since there have been no arrests.
Finding something is not always enough, for example, LE with cadaver dogs maybe hit a scent in somebodies apartment, but without finding LS, what is the crime? That in itself is not enough evidence. Although it would certainly point you in the right direction. Any possible disappearance/possible murder case will stall out without finding the victim. But sometime in the future, circumstantial evidence may start to mount up and then a prosecution would have a chance to move forward without a body.

thank you for trying to find it. I don't think i've seen information about the length of time LS spent at MB/CR. And i haven't seen information regarding her arrival time to JR's.

The original arrival time that I heard about came from MB through HT and was described as "just after 3:00am". MB also had LS leaving at "about 3:15am".

I've read a lot of that perspective, and believe it is a function of differences of age and/or geography.

What I have read from sources that I believe are reliable (as well as the public account of HT) says only good things about the relationship.

Sometimes it takes friends and family a while to accept changes in others' relationships especially when they adore the jilted one. They don't want a break up.

Sometimes it takes friends and family a while to accept changes in others' relationships especially when they adore the jilted one. They don't want a break up.

I'm just going off the best information I've read about the personalities involved, and not applying any sort of standard template for relationships or missing persons cases. While I've never paid attention to one before, this one strikes me as somewhat out of the ordinary, given the role of drugs and upper-income college students.

I am sorry, but how could LE possibly know she is not there, considering they haven't found her, and appear to have no clue where she is.

I didn't say they know she 's not there. But I do know that we can't go on appearances alone. Its not always that black and white is it.

Your source may not be correct.

I've seen the Sears & Sons truck emptying dumpsters after 5PM in the area.

My source might not be correct. However, even if the dumpsters are emptied after 5 p.m. on Fridays, I doubt LE would have checked them before they were emptied on June 3.

No, Elmomom is getting very confused at just why some people need to try so hard to convince everyone that JW could not possibly be involved and how "ridiculous" it is to suspect him. Elmomom thinks that LE have made it more than apparent that he is still not cleared of being involved, and for just that reason alone, it would be ridiculous NOT to keep him under suspicion. Add to that people are trying, way too hard, to "clear him". I have no reason to do this for any POI since I have no personal involvement in the case. And in fact, the case is NOT about JW, it is about LS.
And that is what Elmomom thinks. If JW and his allies and his supporters (even those that do not know him) have a problem with him facing scrutiny, they ought to take that up with BPD, not with Elmomom.
:croc:

Frogzilla thinks Elmomom was laying in wait with that. All you can do is hope people will at least acknowledge your point of view, then in turn you can keep poking holes in others theories or build them up and vice-versa.

I think that the original story about LS asking MB if he wanted to party came from HT. Since then, I've read that MB's statement says that LS and CR entered the apt., MB put CR to bed and turned to see LS walking out the door.
The later version of MB's account doesn't even mention LS indicating intent to visit JR's as the first reports from HT did.
This may be legal posturing since it has been reported that attorneys for the 5 North boys have been comparing notes.

I'm going to stick with MB's pre-lawyer version through HT. LS probably did ask MB if he wanted to party. It doesn't mean that she was in any shape to do so.
If anything it is further indication that she was not in control of her actions just after 3:00 am.

Whether or not everything HT relayed is point on or not I believe that without HT's quick attempt at fact gathering and subsequent interviews with the media, we would have a whole lot less to work with then we do.
Nice work HT.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

Rossman's attorney, Carl Salzmann, told Fox59 News his client has no memory of the fight but was told that Spierer walked him home and turned him over to his roommate Mike Beth. Salzmann said Beth claims he put Rossman to bed while Spierer asked him if he wanted to party. Salzmann said when Beth demured, Spierer left Rossman's apartment to visit Jay Rosenbaum, a mutual friend, two doors down.

So it's really not MB's "pre-lawyer" version.

I'm just going off the best information I've read about the personalities involved, and not applying any sort of standard template for relationships or missing persons cases. While I've never paid attention to one before, this one strikes me as somewhat out of the ordinary, given the role of drugs and upper-income college students.
I honestly feel like this case is the classic missing person story. Involving the kind of behavior parents always warn their children about. Many websleuthers have referenced cases that have similarities to this one. If you are looking for out of the ordinary MP case, poor Ms. Holly Bobo comes to mind.

Since we're discussing a possible cell ping from the Martinsville area from the phone of the person to have said to see her leave his house at 4:30, how would that have been possible? Perhaps the 4:15 call to DR was made from Martinsville area and was perhaps in regards to "where would be a good place" or "where did you say to turn" - since DR was familiar with area and Bradford Woods because of his major. Something to think about...

I believe DR's attorney verified to reporters that a phone call came to DR's phone at 4:15 but was not answered.
Still, what you imply about JR looking for some help with something at 4:15 is certainly possible...especially if he were in "panic mode".

Here's another possibility (from a previous poster)...the "pocket call theory".
Now, put that together with the alleged 4:00am Martinsville ping activity from JR's phone.

This is an interesting post to read:
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Indiana University sophomore Lauren Spierer was so incapacitated as she left her apartment building the morning she went missing that she stumbled out of her elevator, fell against a wall and had to be helped to her feet by a male friend who led her out of the building, a person who saw the video evidence said Thursday.

The evidence contradicts statements by friend Corey Rossman's lawyer, who said Spierer helped his client walk home June 3 after he was punched in the face and suffered memory loss.

"As for this idea that she was Florence Nightingale and taking him back because she was concerned, she wasn't in any condition to take care of herself, let alone another human being," said the source, one of scores of people who have seen the evidence but who was only willing to comment anonymously. "She couldn't even stand up on her own. I have difficulty with this individual (Rossman) saying he can't remember anything when he's the guy who picked her up and took her out of the building."

http://www.jconline.com/article/201...ce-says?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

I've read a lot of that perspective, and believe it is a function of differences of age and/or geography.

What I have read from sources that I believe are reliable (as well as the public account of HT) says only good things about the relationship.

IIRC, HT was singing the praises of JW and said that "we've only known CR for a week." Her comments indicated that she really liked JW and did not care for CR at all.

I saw a Sears & Sons truck emptying a dumpster on one of the evenings I took pics of the alley between College Ave. and Morton St. I posted pics of the maintenance guys trying to fix the broken light on the north east side of the building that day.

I'll have to go find that post to see what day it was.

Edit:

Found it, it was Tuesday, June 14th. According to the exif data on the image, it was around 5:30PM.

So, are the dumpsters near 5 North emptied more than once a week? Is the info that they are emptied on Fridays by a private hauler correct?

IIRC, HT was singing the praises of JW and said that "we've only known CR for a week." Her comments indicated that she really liked JW and did not care for CR at all.

What I recall her saying is that there was no chance LS was involved with anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa