IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this would make someone "evil".
I don't think it's a word CS would use lightly given the families religious beliefs. "Evil" is usually associated with the intent to do harm.
It certainly seems out of place with any belief in a scenario involving an accidental death unless the original intent were rape and the death occurred as a result.

I disagree... causing a family as much pain as the Spierer family has had over the disappearance would probably be perceived as an evil deed by most, especially the Spierers.

Xanax is supposed to help the comedown from the cocaine, and to alleviate the anxiety-like side effects of that drug (the "main" drug). (Benzodiazepines are actually one of the only drugs of abuse that does not directly affect dopamine, the neurotransmitter that is often called the brain's "pleasure" or "reward" chemical, cf. http://www.biology-online.org/artic...lications_treatment/dopaminergic_pathway.html.) A while back I [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6915145&postcount=658"]posted[/ame] about the effects of cocaine, alcohol, & xanax, which were the 3 drugs in discussion at that time. The list of relevant (I thought they were relevant based on the context) facts about these drugs illustrates the fact that when various drugs are taken together, the effects can be very different than what one might expect. For example, Xanax is a sedative and is often used to decrease anxiety, but when taken with alcohol, is associated with increased anxiety. So if I heard that they had "done all kinds of drugs," I would be really interested in knowing which drugs!

...If she really did ask MB if he wanted to "party", what made her think that to even be an available option?

It's worth keeping in mind that it was CR's lawyer who added this little detail into the narrative. While it might be true, it also seems that it could very well serve a purpose -- If it were to turn out that Lauren OD'd and those who provided her with drugs (and/or failed to get help) were held criminally responsible, it seems the obvious defense would be to claim that a) she was fine when she left them and b) she had obtained drugs somewhere else after leaving CR. The MB part of the alibi fills in what CR's memory loss can't, preempting these questions...IMO.

Wow, thanks for sharing that link elmomom. I have to say, I don't quite understand why JW is acting with such venom. Granted, I'm not in his shoes, but if he's looking for any sort of support or sympathy in this case, why would he possibly put those comments out there like that. Very odd.

One thought that I had, is that for as messed up as most of the POI individuals were that night, it was a mighty effective job of making her disappear along with not leaving clues that lead to any immediate arrests or hard suspects.

To some extent, it gets me to think someone more alert and level headed was involved with the process.

I agree,it's had to think anyway when your really messed up and with no evidence to be found leading to Lauren.If you are messed up and paranoia sets in then you are completely lost for thought.Hmm maybe it was not Lauren who
made that phone call that night to DR.

I have been really surprised myself many times at ppl u wouldnt think would be into drugs-but r-and very much so! They Def aren't always dirty n slimy. Its very much a business-an addictive business. I was always into the "doing" side but every single person Ive known that dealt was very serious about their money. Ive been almost 6 yrs clean. I believe Lauren wouldve come off the drugs as she got older-given the chance. We r not bad ppl just because we do/did drugs-but they Def can make u do very bad and very stupid things.

Congratulations & I really respect that. You are really strong.

What if JR told LS, CR and DR they all had to leave because the DD was going to be there soon and to come back in a couple of hours. So LS, CR goes to Sports, DR goes to Smallwood. JR texted them at Sports saying his shipment as been dropped off.

They leave sports to head back to Smallwood to pick up DR, then walk up to 5North to JR's to get what they had left money for.

Or something along those lines.

I also tend to think the reason for LS & CR going back to Smallwood from Kilroy's may have had something to do with DR. It just seems very odd that if the reason were for LS to get another pair of shoes or for CR/LS to spend alone time together, that they didn't follow through with those plans when they'd walked/stumbled a couple of blocks to get there and were so very close to her apartment door. (realizing yes perhaps the supposed altercation changed plans)

Pretty sure LE has said the Smallwood video evidences that LS/CR never entered HER apartment during that 2:30-2:42 trip, but I don't recall any mention whether they may have entered any other apartments (e.g. DR) or whether they may have stopped off at DR's floor or knocked on his door.

Still bothered by 2 things related to this 12 minute trip back to Smallwood:

1) if CR was so badly injured that he blacked out from the punch, or needed to get to bed right away, why didn't LS have him lay down at her apartment for awhile? If her apt wasn't feasible, why not DR's place, or any other of likely many Smallwood neighbor apts of people LS knew? It's a large building and clearly would've offered a more nearby recovery haven for CR than them trudging back several more blocks wasted, barefoot, and now having a head injury present.

2) How did ZO and group (the recent LoHud article implies someone in the group though not necessarily ZO, was a friend of JW's) happen to be at the 5th floor elevator lobby prior to CR/LS did? That's assuming LS/CR didn't get there first and pause for awhile only to still be in elevator lobby when next elevator car w/ZO opened. If ZO was at Kilroy's he somehow would've had to leave the bar after them (to see where they were headed) but then pass them at some juncture to beat them to the spot. (and again why would that have even been a desired spot for a fight?). Remembering ZO would've needed access from someone in his party to activate the elevator upward since he didn't live there.

I think it more likely that ZO was in Smallwood well before LS/CR arrived, very possibly at the same apt or place LS/CR were also on their way to, and perhaps headed LS/CR off near the lobby saying . . . you can't go there/don't want to go there, i.e. they're out of drugs, suspicious people are inside, the drugs aren't pure, other residents just called security, etc. as to why LS/CR didn't follow through with their intended plans. For some reason, maybe CR still wanted to go despite ZO's reasons, a small fracas broke out, but the so-called fight was rather meaningless other than now providing CR a convenient excuse for memory loss.

Wow, thanks for sharing that link elmomom. I have to say, I don't quite understand why JW is acting with such venom. Granted, I'm not in his shoes, but if he's looking for any sort of support or sympathy in this case, why would he possibly put those comments out there like that. Very odd.

I may be in the minority here, but nothing struck me as being that strange in his exchange. In fact, it's a lot like I would expect a 22 year old to sound when not acting on the advice of his attorney.

I do think it may lead to his lawyer coming out with something to try and clean it up, but being considered a POI in the disappearance of someone you were in love with is pretty much beyond my scope.

Btown, glad you're here this a.m. I just drove by and saw a private security car parked behind 5 North. I've not seen it there before have you? It's the official one that looks like a police car, not unmarked. Just wonder if it's there frequently or always or rarely.

P.S. I took a photo in case anyone wants a visual aid.:saber:

No I have not seen it there before.

I'll see if its still there when I get off work.

I disagree... causing a family as much pain as the Spierer family has had over the disappearance would probably be perceived as an evil deed by most, especially the Spierers.

It would only constitute "evil" if they intended to inflict that pain for a purpose.

It would only constitute "evil" if they intended to inflict that pain for a purpose.

I think purposefully keeping the whereabouts of lauren frm them constitutes evil behavior. Who can read that and NOT want to spill their guts? Evilness

I may be in the minority here, but nothing struck me as being that strange in his exchange. In fact, it's a lot like I would expect a 22 year old to sound when not acting on the advice of his attorney.

I do think it may lead to his lawyer coming out with something to try and clean it up, but being considered a POI in the disappearance of someone you were in love with is pretty much beyond my scope.

Why would that be beyond the scope.The boyfriend,husband,ex-husband or family members are the ones LE usually looks at first.In most cases I have followed its usually true unless it is clear cut.I am sure his lawyer would have told him that much.He is only 22, but still and adult and responsible for his actions.I say he has some issues.

Which means LE is still looking at JW.I know he is upset about the reporter bothering him,but he sounds angry.I wonder if he was angry that night when Lauren didn't show up.He also said in that article "my life (explective) sucks. What support has this wonderful boyfriend given Lauren's parents.I don't believe any,he left as soon as he could haul it out of there.

Here's the thing - we don't know how many reporters have contacted him over the past 50 days, and I'm sure at some point it just wore on him to the point that he lashed out at this reporter. I've never been in his position, but I can imagine that it would be extremely frustrating to go from being a young, carefree 20-something to suddenly being under the microscope with every move you make.

His "my life sucks" comment is very selfish, I agree, but the guy just lost his girlfriend and it sounds like he viewed her as the love of his life. He probably feels like his life is over. He has presumably heard all the rumors, etc. and is very, very upset. Assuming he had nothing to do with her disappearance (which is what my gut has always told me), I can understand his anger - anger that she is gone, anger that we don't know what happened to her, and probably anger towards a lot of fellow IU students/friends/acquaintances whom he suspects had something to do with it.

As for leaving town "as soon as he could haul it out of there", I believe his father came to Bloomington and demanded that he leave with him. I also heard (and this might just be a rumor...can anyone verify?) that the police actually suggested he leave so that he would be out of the media spotlight in Bloomington.

I have absolutely no reason to defend this guy - I have never met him, and as far as I know we have no mutual friends/acquaintances. I just don't want to see him get slammed here for that article. I don't think it's fair to judge or read too much into his anger when none of us know what he's been through or has been dealing with since LS disappeared.

Why would that be beyond the scope.The boyfriend,husband,ex-husband or family members are the ones LE usually looks at first.In most cases I have followed its usually true unless it is clear cut.I am sure his lawyer would have told him that much.He is only 22, but still and adult and responsible for his actions.I say he has some issues.

Sorry, meant beyond my scope of being able to imagine what a reasonable response would have been.

Hmm...I remember seeing this video. Good point. I don't remember the older guy, but I clearly remember the older girl and wondered immediately what the heck someone her age was doing at this party, and kissing on ZO, especially. She seemed like she was trying to be all into the younger boys and wanting on their "good side" and this could have been why.

I believe the older party woman was kissing on AB. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully she is not the mother of anybody at the party. (big gag)

I think purposefully keeping the whereabouts of lauren frm them constitutes evil behavior. Who can read that and NOT want to spill their guts? Evilness

So...what are we talking about? A perp who knew LS (a friend), is evil because he won't tell where she is, but was just trying to help her out because she OD'd?

I don't get the feeling that CS is buying in to the accidental O.D. theory.

EVIL-When someone knows where a body is and won't tell anyone where.The parents who love her so much and their hearts are breaking are constantly searching,in a town they are not even familiar with.They just want closure,to bring Lauren back home and no one is saying a word.PURE EVIL to cause these parents to suffer.

Interesting LoHud article. A few things stand out:

--I knew JW was 2 years older than LS, but this is first mention I saw that JW had graduated. Commencement at IU was held May 7th. Anyone know why JW remained on campus nearly a month after graduating?

--JW again alludes in the article to the reason he and LS did not make contact that night was because of her lost phone. However she did not lose the phone until as late as possible 2:20AM and at the minimum knowing it was lost/found at Kilroy's she had it with her until reaching the bar at approx 1:20AM. The basketball game JW had been watching ended by 11:45 if he watched live, so there would've been 90+ minutes for JW to reach LS before she became separated from her phone from after the game ended, if in fact she wanted to be reached. There had to be other reasons they didn't connect other than the lost phone.

--The article reports that JW was contacted by Kilroy's about LS's lost phone. This clearly would've been prior to the disappearance being widely known and Kilroy's realizing what a piece of evidence they held. MSM's initially reported that the bar called JW to say something like "tell your friend to come get her phone". Wonder what was subsequently said by JW to instead give him LS's phone rather than handing it over only to LS. Would "I'm her boyfriend be good enough" or something like "she can't come get it, or she's out of town now". Maybe it's just me, but I'd sort of hate to think that if I left my phone in a restaurant, that the restaurant would call someone I'd had text exchanges with to tell me to come get it, but then hand the phone over to that person who comes to pick it up on the premise he would return it to me - I might never know where it was found if that person weren't honest.

--JW clearly seems to be side-stepping the pointed questions of LE polygraph administration and results. He probably doesn't want to be caught in a lie, but also is leading the reader to believe something that he's not exactly saying either. If a polygraph is performed privately, one doesn't know the questions asked or exact wordings thereof, and contrary to what he says - no the whole world would not know the results if he failed a privately given polygraph because there would be no incentive or requirement to release those unfavorable results.

So...what are we talking about? A perp who knew LS (a friend), is evil because he won't tell where she is, but was just trying to help her out because she OD'd?

I don't get the feeling that CS is buying in to the accidental O.D. theory.
I'm not following... Where are you getting the "just trying to help her out" part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus