IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
IU, Snap, Ared, convinced. So now I can consider that she might be able to leave; assuming she got to 5N (which I do) and that the lack of shoes, and first aid is minor.
Random abduction, or meeting up with JW becomes realistic.

Does she gain enough wherewithall to know she's lost her phone and further to suspect it is at Kilroy's?

Poor CR he misses out on the cocaine revival?

While 20 years ago a guy might've refused to let a highly intoxicated young woman leave his apartment out of concern for her well-being, but in this day and age if that same young woman says she wants to leave I imagine few would refuse to let her leave. True, he could've walked her home but the culture has changed to a point where it isn't that unusual to think that thought never even crossed his mind.

I have seen some suggesting he never should've let her leave but he really didn't have a choice if she refused to stay.

None of this is to say I'm convinced she left his apartment like he says, only to say I don't find it that hard to believe IF she could walk out of his apartment that he'd watch her do it and probably not think twice about it.

No, Apples/oranges imo.
Please explain the difference.

BPD claimed around ten POIs. So far we know of...

JR, CR, DR, MB, JW, and next, the alleged house guest(S) of JR...

and then probably ZO, because he punched CR.

That is at least eight POI declared or implied by BPD.

But you are claiming more, huh?

IU, Snap, Ared, convinced. So now I can consider that she might be able to leave; assuming she got to 5N (which I do) and that the lack of shoes, and first aid is minor.
Random abduction, or meeting up with JW becomes realistic.

Does she gain enough wherewithall to know she's lost her phone and further to suspect it is at Kilroy's?

Poor CR he misses out on the cocaine revival?

cocaine revival? Funny, but quite possible.

I just now learned that the call to DR at 4:15, was described as an unknown caller by DR.... Im sure its been addressed in earlier posts, but was JR and Rohn not friends? Certainly if JR not on DR contact list DR would not be on JR's.. co yi ld LS remember the number? ..If they were friends, I sure would want to know what new numbers were activated around 3:45 that morning in bloomington indiana...or am I missing something

These calls (since the PI says there were two) could be the type of exculpatory evidence that makes the 5N stories believable enough to law enforcement that they can't easily impeach their stories.

We don't really know anything about the calls. And I'm curious why LE officially released any info about 1 but not the other? But if JR is dialing LS's friends and they aren't his friends and he doesn't have their numbers then it gets harder to disbelieve his story and easier to believe LS made those calls. But we don't even know that part for sure. This could be the piece of info that is keeping law enforcement from focusing much harder on the 5N bunch. Maybe their stories really do add up and fit with other evidence that backs them up?

True, he could've walked her home but the culture has changed to a point where it isn't that unusual to think that thought never even crossed his mind.
I highly doubt the thought never crossed his mind.

He comes from a well-established family. I have talked to someone who is in the same country club as JR's and DBs family's.

JR also (was) a member of AEPI. Despite the fact they they were a disbarred fraternity... they still have Greek fundamental values.

JR may have DISREGARDED the thought, but walking Lauren home, when she had a bruised face, definitely crossed his mind, IF... it ever came to that.

Cmon, Lauren and JR played together as kids at one of their grandparents place, was it?

These calls (since the PI says there were two) could be the type of exculpatory evidence that makes the 5N stories believable enough to law enforcement that they can't easily impeach their stories.

We don't really know anything about the calls. And I'm curious why LE officially released any info about 1 but not the other? But if JR is dialing LS's friends and they aren't his friends and he doesn't have their numbers then it gets harder to disbelieve his story and easier to believe LS made those calls. But we don't even know that part for sure. This could be the piece of info that is keeping law enforcement from focusing much harder on the 5N bunch. Maybe their stories really do add up and fit with other evidence that backs them up?

Stories that add up. Once again wishing for a witness that saw LS leave. Of course, such a witness could be the perp.

I just now learned that the call to DR at 4:15, was described as an unknown caller by DR.... Im sure its been addressed in earlier posts, but was JR and Rohn not friends? Certainly if JR not on DR contact list DR would not be on JR's.. co yi ld LS remember the number? ..If they were friends, I sure would want to know what new numbers were activated around 3:45 that morning in bloomington indiana...or am I missing something

Perhaps that's where the other call from JR came from. To the unknown person who happened to be at Smallwood earlier in the evening with them. JR may have needed DR's number. Interesting that JR didn't just call HT, her roommate!

JR called DR two times earlier in the eve telling him to come to the pre-game party.

Re: Shawn colvin

So I don't get confused...
JR -did- or -did not- call/text DR earlier that evening?

Welp, where do we go from here?

British, I can buy your theory that she never made it to 5N. Just need to explore how JR got so caught up in this. What do you think?

Probably fear because of drugs and trust on what another friend/POI might have told him. Just a wild guess.

Probably fear because of drugs and trust on what another friend/POI might have told him. Just a wild guess.

I can think along these lines. MB calls JR after discovering CR and LS along their route and JR gets involved ('gets all started' as they used to say) with the crisis. He may have some fear, perhaps overblown, maybe not. We've heard alot of gossip about his personality but none that specifically say he is a narcissus who makes everything about him. But that fits for me.

Starting to think she never made it to 5N.

On the other hand, last evening I did learn about the "cocaine revival". However, I do wonder if her injuries and QT had already debilitated her.

Stories that add up. Once again wishing for a witness that saw LS leave. Of course, such a witness could be the perp.

I sometimes wonder if Lauren left JR's alone just as he claims, and as he watched her walk away, she collapsed on the street. It would mean his story is true up until that point. The remainder is left to the theories of body disposal, cover up, etc.

So true. My original problem with that was I didn't realize that coke could have enhanced her condition so definitively. I've been enlightened.

And all this pleading for information, so sad. I wish there had been a witness.

Anyone else unable to access Thread #27? It bounces me back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1