IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, there are no hard facts really about who was doing what, just a lot of speculation. Where there's smoke there's fire, but exactly who is doing what has yet to be determined. All I know is I'd rather not be hanging around people who are using coke and "involved in a heavy partying lifestyle" as one poster put it.

The Facebook friends thing is ridiculous. Nobody is friends with 1200 people.
I'm sure that a very small portion of that list would be considered her true circle of friends, whoever those are.
One thing I'd like to add is that I cannot believe posters here and the media specifically have not paid more attention to the LS/JW relationship.
Something was very wrong there for this girl to be seeking out male companions at 2 a.m. and yet the roommate and others all make it sound like these two were married happily ever after.

I know often times people tip-toe around sensitive subjects regarding victims personal lives, but this is a very important topic IMO.

My point exactly about the friends...she has friended everyone, yet none of the guys in question are even on there. How well did she know these guys? Thus, why is she being classified into a group of supposed druggies she doesn't really know?

I am not a moderator but I do know we don't "bash" the victim in any way...there is NO evidence that Lauren had anything to do with drugs, or that she said she wanted to "party" other than one of the POI's saying she said that, through his lawyer of course.

No one, including the police by the looks of it, knows what happened to her, it is very possible none of these people are involved, or maybe LE is pretty sure that one or more of them is but needs more evidence.

Hoping they find it, but mostly hoping they find Lauren, as many of us here know, far too many missing persons cases stay in limbo for years or forever.

Sorry, but I'm finding offense on a lot of what has been written here.

<modsnip> It is NOT a crime to be rich. It's not these kids faults that they were born into wealthy families.

<modsnip> IU is not even where the REALLY wealthy people go to.

Some of the richest kids I know go to Harvard, Stanford, Yale... yet some middle class kids could care less about their education.

It's not about being rich or being poor. There are A LOT of middle class students who party HARD. Just like they are a lot of rich kids working their butts off at Ivy Leagues.

Generalizations are stupid.

And whoever wrote that girls in Smallwood do not care about what's going on outside their own world, well, they should read Lauren's blog. She clearly cared about the world. She was just travelling in the Spring to help poor communities.

<modsnip>. Plus, like I said, this is Bloomington, Indiana NOT the Upper East Side.

Nobody is taking offense to rich kids. If someone, regardless of socioeconomic status, goes to college and takes their education seriously, I have nothing but respect for them. I only mentioned how it always bothers me when kids get sent to school by mommy and daddy with a blank check, and spend their 4 years partying, drinking, using drugs, etc. while studying some nonsense degree or failing out after a year or two.

If a poor kid did the same thing, I'd feel the same way about them, but if you go to a university you are not often going to see someone with limited economic means wasting a chance at making something of their lives. People from that background who make it to college are often determined people, their counterparts never made it that far.

Just speculation on my part, but I really get the feeling that JR was the dealer that supplied Lauren and her roommate Tamir with their drugs of choice (IF the drug stories are true).

Ven, isn't he the one out of the three that hasn't given DNA. It would surprise me if they didn't ask for his too, since they requested the other two.

All three were supposedly the last to see her.

I am not a moderator but I do know we don't "bash" the victim in any way...there is NO evidence that Lauren had anything to do with drugs, or that she said she wanted to "party" other than one of the POI's saying she said that, through his lawyer of course.

No one, including the police by the looks of it, knows what happened to her, it is very possible none of these people are involved, or maybe LE is pretty sure that one or more of them is but needs more evidence.

Hoping they find it, but mostly hoping they find Lauren, as many of us here know, far too many missing persons cases stay in limbo for years or forever.

All avenues have to be explored and discussed. Pretending everyone lived a perfect life and glossing over potential leads doesn't help anyone find anyone.

I don't care what the girl did, whether I would have liked her as a person or not, she didn't deserve something like this to happen to her, nor does her family deserve to be put what they are going through. It's heartbreaking.

Ven, isn't he the one out of the three that hasn't given DNA. It would surprise me if they didn't ask for his too, since they requested the other two.

All three were supposedly the last to see her.

I'm not sure if he was asked to give DNA or not. I think I saw that CR and MB did submit DNA, but I don't know if that's accurate or not.

I'm not sure if he was asked to give DNA or not. I think I saw that CR and MB did submit DNA, but I don't know if that's accurate or not.

It's been reported CR and MB did submit a DNA sample. Nothing about JR submitting a DNA sample was reported. One would think if police asked CR and MB, they would have asked JR as well, considering JR was actually the last known person to have seen her that night. I think by their behavior CR and MB can pretty much be ruled out-it does not appear they were involved in it at all. I think CR did get to his apartment were MB put him to bed as a good roommate he appears to be, and that was the end of it for these two.

I guess it's just a complete different reality for me. Drug dealers in Brazil live in slums and are criminals...

Maybe in America it's different...

I just think there is a difference between supplying drugs to friends and being a drug dealer involved in REAL trafficking.

Reading everything today, I'm leaning more toward the drug thing as well. I'm not sure if it was all 3 of them, but I think #1 suspect is JR. I'm also thinking JR is the one that left later in the day she went missing. I think she OD'd and he probably left with her in a suitcase or something. I don't think any of them are dumb enough to leave at that time of the night and dump her somewhere. I think they maybe loaded her up that night, put her in a duffel bag/suitcase and put her in the trunk, and JR left the next day. :(

It's been reported CR and MB did submit a DNA sample. Nothing about JR submitting a DNA sample was reported. One would think if police asked CR and MB, they would have asked JR as well, considering JR was actually the last known person to have seen her that night. I think by their behavior CR and MB can pretty much be ruled out-it does not appear they were involved in it at all. I think CR did get to his apartment were MB put him to bed as a good roommate he appears to be, and that was the end of it for these two.

I don't think CR and MB can be ruled out, but like you I do get the feeling like JR is more a person of interest than them, although the boyfriend is up there too.

I did not think a stranger abduction is likely in this case, but if LE has video of a car that they want to find -- if that car was circling the area, then that would make a stranger abduction more likely IMO, unless it turned out to be the boyfriend's car or that he borrowed one of his buddies' vehicles.

At first I did not think OD was likely either, why would someone dispose of the body and risk being thought of as a murderer if the whole thing is an accident?

But the more I think about it, what if a dealer sells someone drugs and they use them right there and die?
Especially if the dealer has a lucrative business that could be found out and put them behind bars for a long time.

I guess it's possible.

I guess it's just a complete different reality for me. Drug dealers in Brazil live in slums and are criminals...

Maybe in America it's different...

I just think there is a difference between supplying drugs to friends and being a drug dealer involved in REAL trafficking.

Curious,

I can tell you from someone who has worked around drug testing, the handling of results of drug tests, and coming from a family with a lot of LE in our background.

ANYONE CAN BE A DRUG DEALER...no matter how poor, rich, white, black, green...you name it....

I'm like you, it's hard to imagine some people being this way, but trust me, drug dealers come from all walks of life.

I don't think CR and MB can be ruled out, but like you I do get the feeling like JR is more a person of interest than them, although the boyfriend is up there too.

I did not think a stranger abduction is likely in this case, but if LE has video of a car that they want to find -- if that car was circling the area, then that would make a stranger abduction more likely IMO, unless it turned out to be the boyfriend's car or that he borrowed one of his buddies' vehicles.

Car could be a red herring-some completely unrelated person driving around, maybe lost or something. Police don't appear to have any evidence that the car was actually involved in anything. Just that it was there at the time.

Maybe she wasn't searching them out for drugs.

I mean, maybe she met Corey at the Indy race, they started flirting. Corey invited her to come out that night and she was interested? I mean she's 20, it's normal to be attracted to other guys even in a relationship.

I'm just trying to say there are other possibilities than Lauren was seeking out drugs.

Maybe it's even more inoccent. Her boyfriend was watching a game, her guy friends asked her to come out, she met them at Kilroys and they got drunk...

^^^I guess these are my theories right now:

1. JR involved in dealing drugs, LS comes over and he hooks her up, she OD's and he's worried about his business being found out and going to jail, so he gets rid of the body.

2. LS and JW have relationship problems, she's off with another guy, CR (and maybe JR later), he gets jealous and confronts her OJ-style later that night.

3. IF an unknown car is found on video circling the area, and that car definitely cannot be linked to JR or JW, then stranger abduction.

Yea, it's quite possible she was interested in CR for companionship. Seems that's what friends of JW believed, or why else would they allegedly beat CR up?

At first I did not think OD was likely either, why would someone dispose of the body and risk being thought of as a murderer if the whole thing is an accident?

But the more I think about it, what if a dealer sells someone drugs and they use them right there and die?
Especially if the dealer has a lucrative business that could be found out and put them behind bars for a long time.

I guess it's possible.

It's usually all about the money, and what can happen to them from someone up higher in the drug ring.

Also, like you said, if she knew where to get what she needed...people get scared...if something bad happened, they think about their family finding out about the drugs, school, etc. Could be someone that is in way deeper than they can handle, might have freaked out.

Yea, it's quite possible she was interested in CR for companionship. Seems that's what friends of JW believed, or why else would they allegedly beat CR up?

I get the feeling that most of the people around this case are not being forthcoming with everything they know.
I think even the girl roommate is hiding something, to be honest.

That doesn't mean any or all of these people know what really happened, but almost like they are protecting themselves no matter what...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517