IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they actually have something that links LS to this guy?

If the dogs hit on a spot in the area, then that may mean that she was there at some point and possibly moved. jmo

Spierer Update: Private Detective Says BPD Non-Cooperative
By Indiana Public Media News Staff
Update: January 29, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

[...]

“I’ve never had non-cooperation of another law enforcement agency like this,” says Bo Dietle, Owner of Beau Dietl & Associates.

[...]

“I have nothing to tell the family because nobody communicates,” Dietle says. “They should be more open with the family.”

Dietle says the Spierer family found out about Thursday’s investigation on the news instead of from law enforcement, and that they have been unable to get any information since then.

Calls to Bloomington Police Department have not been returned.

Authorities raid Ind. house investigating disappearance of Lauren Spierer
Published January 29, 2016 FoxNews

Wagers has been arrested at least six times since 2001, when he was charged with four counts of public indecency after several women reported he had exposed himself and masturbated in public. In 2002, while he was still on probation for indecent exposure, police said he pulled his pants down and fondled himself in front of middle school girls at a Martinsville bus stop, according to Fox 59.

In 2004, police say Wagers exposed and fondled himself in front a teen girl near Mooresville High School. Months later, he was sentenced to three years on sexual gratification charges. In 2013, Wagers was arrested three times for public indecency, invasion of privacy, and intimidation charges. He also knocked on a woman’s door in Johnson County without pants in August 2015.

Anyone with information on the disappearance of Lauren Spierer is urged to call the Bloomington Police Department 24-hour tipline at 812-339-4477 or contact them by email at policetips@bloomington.in.gov.

K0KSemD.jpg

Justin Wagers

I really hope this leads to something.......... I don't want this to be a false lead. jmo

Spierer Update: Private Detective Says BPD Non-Cooperative
By Indiana Public Media News Staff
Update: January 29, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

[...]

“I’ve never had non-cooperation of another law enforcement agency like this,” says Bo Dietle, Owner of Beau Dietl & Associates.

[...]

“I have nothing to tell the family because nobody communicates,” Dietle says. “They should be more open with the family.”

Dietle says the Spierer family found out about Thursday’s investigation on the news instead of from law enforcement, and that they have been unable to get any information since then.

Calls to Bloomington Police Department have not been returned.
We can only hope and pray by them being so tight lipped means in fact they have something concrete to go on and they are just waiting for testing confirmation to come back.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but exposing yourself and then leaping to abducting etc is a big leap. Don't mean this person or any person isn't capable of doing it though. However this case has always made me wonder if someone could have hit her with their car or truck since she was under the influence. Then panicked and did whatever. Even so hoping there is a resolution from this search this case has been going on for too long

I could be wrong but exposing yourself and then leaping to abducting etc is a big leap. Don't mean this person or any person isn't capable of doing it though. However this case has always made me wonder if someone could have hit her with their car or truck since she was under the influence. Then panicked and did whatever. Even so hoping there is a resolution from this search this case has been going on for too long

There has to be more than just this guy being a serial flasher and then BPD and the FBI deciding to start digging up his property. Maybe the serial flasher part got him on the radar, or maybe not, but there surely has to be something else that elevated this to the point of search warrants. And then for LE to admit it was connected to LS and other missing persons is another notch up.

Whether it all leads anywhere is another question. And whether they really think they have their man or are simply doing due diligence following a tip or lead they couldn't discount is also a question. In either case, it's certainly another level than what we've seen recently with the case.

I don't believe it is unusual for someone with a history of sexual crimes to escalate.

I'd love to know what information LE had in order to obtain the warrants. It is awfully coincidental that this individual has a white truck and there was that white truck on video. It also seemed from the pics posted that there were several vehicles on the property, but we only heard of the white truck being towed. So, if correct, that's interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really always thought this was about a drug overdose that was covered up. I thought she died and the guys around her were perhaps into dealing and wanted no attention whatsoever paid to them. Now it seems there may have been a whole other chapter that night....poor thing.

There has to be more than just this guy being a serial flasher and then BPD and the FBI deciding to start digging up his property. Maybe the serial flasher part got him on the radar, or maybe not, but there surely has to be something else that elevated this to the point of search warrants. And then for LE to admit it was connected to LS and other missing persons is another notch up.

Whether it all leads anywhere is another question. And whether they really think they have their man or are simply doing due diligence following a tip or lead they couldn't discount is also a question. In either case, it's certainly another level than what we've seen recently with the case.

You are correct. The Indecent Exposure charges would not merit a search warrant of his parents property. There would have to be more. And more than just a rumor or annomous tip. Something with substance like an admittance by him.

They could just want something on record in case they do eventually find something. Of course was he ordered to give a sample or asked and agreed?
And did he actually give them a sample? I need to re-read the story I guess. I know it said they SOUGHT a DNA sample. I don't recall if it said they got it.

EDIT: Sought... but the article says it is unknown if they got a sample....

EDIT #2: And they very well could have something found on or near where they found items of her's that they could want to compare with his DNA. And of course there have been rumors of things found besides what has officially been released so could be interesting if there's something to even link him to her belongings or put him in the immediate area where she was last seen. It could just be a suspicious piece of clothing or cigarette or something like that... something they could confirm as his that looks like it was left behind in a hurry in that 5N area. A DNA connection would at least put him in that area and look suspicious depending on what else they have already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member