IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again, the woman may have come forward in 2012, or there may be no woman at all - that could all be something the ex-wife is telling herself to validate her delusions that JMW is a lovely man. Regardless, they've received over 3000 tips in this case, but this has been the one and only FBI raid. That leads me to believe that whatever the ex-wife thinks and whatever the lady did or didn't say to LE, there had to be credible info coming from somewhere. The FBI doesn't throw those kind of resources at baseless allegations made by a grudge holder.
Exactly. If the woman did talk to LE in 2012, hers might have been one of several tips pointing at JMW. Anyone outside of his immediate family who knew his history, knew of the June 19 search, and that LE appeared to be interested in Martinsville, might have had the same suspicions as that woman and her daughter. We're aware of his crimes that were prosecuted. There could be other incidents that were unreported. I don't think that's out of the question. So of the people who were aware of his known, and perhaps unknown, crimes, more than one might have placed a call. Perhaps what has happened now is the result of LE taking a second look at old reports to investigate a little deeper, which led to a significant finding.

Really? I dont remember any theories about the parking lot of the waffle house. Can you be more specific?
The first link is the results of a post search for "waffle". If you scroll through starting with the earliest posts, you'll find speculation and debate about the WH. The second link is one post where the parking lot was mentioned.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5075346&pp=&page=4

College Avenue has a Waffle House, which is open 24/7. WH are usually located in areas convenient to truckers, on the exits off interstates. This WH is not near an interstate, but may be convenient enough for truckers and other people who are just passing through the area. Unfortunately, for the same reason, the WH parking lots sometimes have a bad reputation as presenting the opportunity for crime.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mington-03-June-2011-25&p=7155017#post7155017

No visible cameras inside or outside of the WH.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mington-03-June-2011-26&p=7623410#post7623410

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...omington-03-June-2011-7&p=6707041#post6707041

Then again, the woman may have come forward in 2012, or there may be no woman at all - that could all be something the ex-wife is telling herself to validate her delusions that JMW is a lovely man. Regardless, they've received over 3000 tips in this case, but this has been the one and only FBI raid. That leads me to believe that whatever the ex-wife thinks and whatever the lady did or didn't say to LE, there had to be credible info coming from somewhere. The FBI doesn't throw those kind of resources at baseless allegations made by a grudge holder.

I 100% agree with you, so there has to be more...

I 100% agree with you, so there has to be more...

And another way to look at it, unless DM has an air tight alibi (and if he does have an air tight alibi, why not release that info?), they didn't seem to put that much effort into investigating him in connection with LS, or publicly stating it, and he's alleged to have killed someone with some striking similarities in the case of proximity and victim. So I don't see 'just' a hunch/tip and then this guy's SO history being the final trump card to call in the FBI.
So I agree, there has to be something more.

Her opinion is irrelevant, because her view of reality is completely distorted. I feel very, very sorry for her because she seems to think the abuse she's suffered was no big deal.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
It's sad that she's modeling this behavior for her young daughter, and that she evidently wasn't concerned about her daughter being around a serial sex offender.

mantrum?:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Exactly. She is diminishing his illegal and depraved actions by making it sound like it's no big deal that he masturbates in front of middle school girls out on the street. And her daughter is around him? ugh.

I wonder what kind of 'disorder' she is chalking his behavior up to.

"Wagers' criminal record of indecent exposure has become part of the story surrounding the search. He currently is in jail on a pending case. He is a registered sex offender. Green said her ex-husband is afflicted by a disorder that leads to the flashing."

BBM these people have got to be kidding us!! First the parents, now the ex. He's a violent rapist. He has white supremacy tattoos. He's afflicted by a disorder called "I'm A
Menace To Society"

I mean, sexually stalking a young girl and then performing a sex act in front of them is rape, isn't it? genuine question.

And perhaps legally it wouldn't be but in my mind it would be.

Exactly. She is diminishing his illegal and depraved actions by making it sound like it's no big deal that he masturbates in front of middle school girls out on the street. And her daughter is around him? ugh.

I wonder what kind of 'disorder' she is chalking his behavior up to.

"Wagers' criminal record of indecent exposure has become part of the story surrounding the search. He currently is in jail on a pending case. He is a registered sex offender. Green said her ex-husband is afflicted by a disorder that leads to the flashing."
Ed Bell was a flasher. Derrick Todd Lee was a peeper.

And Col. Russell Williams broke into little girls rooms and stole their underwear. Look how that turned out. :freakedout:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ams-broke-girls-bedrooms-steal-underwear.html

Thanks Ixchel13! I mentioned in an earlier post that clearly DM was heading somewhere with HW, and clearly something went wrong during that drive that resulted in finding her where they did. While the news reports made it sound like a remote, wooded vacant lot, if you look on Google Maps this lot is surrounded by homes. Also, if you look at the property directly to the north, there is another "road" a few hundred yards directly north of Plum Creek & SR 45, it's not marked but you can see it on Google earth. Interestingly, this is an unmarked gravel drive that accesses several hundred acres of land that was once part of the "Needmore Community" in the 1970s (http://www.ourbrowncounty.com/0311s2.htm) and is now owned by Kneadmore Church. The gravel drive is pretty overgrown now, but it's kind of creepy if you hike out there. There is an abandoned house, piles and piles of trash under multiple layers of tarps all around the house, a small pond at the bottom of a ravine, and also a lot of small bonfire remnants all over the place, with mattresses, old furniture, etc. around them, and again tarps and lots of trash. I don't know whether LE ever searched this area, but it seems logical since it's so close to where HW was found, and again, where was he heading with her?

At the time, there was construction on the SR45 overpass of Beanblossom Creek 1 mile north of where she was found, which made the road impassable from either direction.

So if we assume he wasn't just randomly driving around, then either 1) he knew this and deliberately chose the location where he stopped, or 2) he didn't know this, and had to turn around and then had to stop. I think it is possible that about this time it may have been getting light out, which may also have limited his choices....

So if we assume he wasn't just randomly driving around, then either 1) he knew this and deliberately chose the location where he stopped, or 2) he didn't know this, and had to turn around and then had to stop. I think it is possible that about this time it may have been getting light out, which may also have limited his choices....

Perhaps when DM stopped, HW tried to leave and that's when the violence took place.

Perhaps when DM stopped, HW tried to leave and that's when the violence took place.

That's possible. It certainly sounded like a struggle occurred inside the car, and at that time of the night/early morning on that state road, there aren't stop signs or stop lights, so I could see them speeding along, without an opportunity for her to just jump out of the vehicle.

Well, I hope you guys are right that the search means that LE has something more than a tip. Otherwise, I am starting to believe that they really have very little in Lauren's case.

Does anyone know how long JMW is serving on his current sentence? When would he be expected to be let out if there are no further charges?

Hey, Abbey. The Indiana Department of Correction's website lists his earliest possible release date as 8/26/16.

Does anyone have any idea what the time frame usually is between a raid like the one at JMW's houses and charges actually being filed? I'm just wondering if the amount of time that has passed is standard or a sign that maybe they didn't find much/anything.

Hey, Abbey. The Indiana Department of Correction's website lists his earliest possible release date as 8/26/16.

Does anyone have any idea what the time frame usually is between a raid like the one at JMW's houses and charges actually being filed? I'm just wondering if the amount of time that has passed is standard or a sign that maybe they didn't find much/anything.

If it was forensic evidence needing lab analysis it could take a while. Certainly the time passed is nothing in that time frame. And with him being locked up there's no rush per se'. And even if they did find 'something', I've seen little in this case to make us think we'd know about it any time soon, if at all, anyway.

If it was forensic evidence needing lab analysis it could take a while. Certainly the time passed is nothing in that time frame. And with him being locked up there's no rush per se'. And even if they did find 'something', I've seen little in this case to make us think we'd know about it any time soon, if at all, anyway.

It certainly seems to take a very long time. Remember in October of 2014 when human remains were found at Arlington mobile home park in Bloomington (http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ains-found-bloomington-trailer-park/17741403/). No updates since then......

Wanted to comment about connections.

IIRC, the roommates of ZO and AB were working summer construction jobs, thereby immediately placing them in proximity of local construction workers.

One of those roommates supposedly was at the altercation with ZO.

Therefore one of the "witnesses" to the altercation was a summer construction worker.

This "witness" was with the person who committed assault. And among the 10 to last see Lauren.

Altercation Witness=Construction Connection

Bar Witness/Eye Witness LS Injury=Connection to DM

Sunday Morning Speculation and Complete Musing

I can see how a JMW connection to LS could lead to Morgan Monroe Forest if he used back roads to get home after a night out in Bloomington.

Thanks Ixchel13! I mentioned in an earlier post that clearly DM was heading somewhere with HW, and clearly something went wrong during that drive that resulted in finding her where they did. While the news reports made it sound like a remote, wooded vacant lot, if you look on Google Maps this lot is surrounded by homes. Also, if you look at the property directly to the north, there is another "road" a few hundred yards directly north of Plum Creek & SR 45, it's not marked but you can see it on Google earth. Interestingly, this is an unmarked gravel drive that accesses several hundred acres of land that was once part of the "Needmore Community" in the 1970s (http://www.ourbrowncounty.com/0311s2.htm) and is now owned by Kneadmore Church. The gravel drive is pretty overgrown now, but it's kind of creepy if you hike out there. There is an abandoned house, piles and piles of trash under multiple layers of tarps all around the house, a small pond at the bottom of a ravine, and also a lot of small bonfire remnants all over the place, with mattresses, old furniture, etc. around them, and again tarps and lots of trash. I don't know whether LE ever searched this area, but it seems logical since it's so close to where HW was found, and again, where was he heading with her?

I searched there once (as a volunteer)the summer LS vanished.
I agree it deserves another look. If DM was involved with LS disappearance then finding LS may lead to other discoveries..imo
If we can find even a small piece of evidence then maybe LE would conduct a search.

Personally I think everything around anywhere DM has lived should also be scoured with a comb and cadaver dogs..imo

Wanted to comment about connections.

IIRC, the roommates of ZO and AB were working summer construction jobs, thereby immediately placing them in proximity of local construction workers.

One of those roommates supposedly was at the altercation with ZO.

Therefore one of the "witnesses" to the altercation was a summer construction worker.

This "witness" was with the person who committed assault. And among the 10 to last see Lauren.

Altercation Witness=Construction Connection

Bar Witness/Eye Witness LS Injury=Connection to DM

Sunday Morning Speculation and Complete Musing

The construction connection is an interesting one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53