IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so sad when I come back to this case and know that Lauren is still missing. This is the case that brought me into websleuths in 2011. I remember the video of the white truck, and when there was a fire on a property north of Bloomington in the weeks after she went missing, and my feeling of hope that she would be found and dread that she would be found (n0t alive). I remember when they searched the landfill. It is just heartbreaking that she has never been found, and her parents and her sister have no closure. This is one of two cases I've followed where it seems there will be no recovery of the missing (Heather Elvis is the other). Thanks to all of you who keep this thread alive. I hope time will illuminate where these two lovely young women rest, and their families will be able to bring their beloved daughter/sister home.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - A lot of people celebrate their 30th birthday in a memorable way. But, for one family, that celebration for their loved one was difficult.

Lauren Spierer, an Indiana University student, disappeared nearly 10 years ago after a night out with friends in Bloomington in 2011. Jan. 17, would have been her 30th birthday.

More at Missing IU student would have turned 30 years old on Sunday

Do any of her “friends” have a connection w/that plant (or even the town)? Odds are incredibly low it has anything to do w/Lauren. I would think the FBI being involved make the odds even less likely.
I would love to be wrong.

If she’s ever found, I think it will be by hikers, hunters or someone’s pet dog. No one is going to confess.

Do any of her “friends” have a connection w/that plant (or even the town)? Odds are incredibly low it has anything to do w/Lauren. I would think the FBI being involved make the odds even less likely.
I would love to be wrong.

If she’s ever found, I think it will be by hikers, hunters or someone’s pet dog. No one is going to confess.
I know, it’s just that the words “Bloomington” and “investigation” in the headlines always grab my attention.

I have hiked extensively in the area, plus surrounding counties and there are just so many ravines, deep woods, and isolated area that I fear her body will never be found. Her “friends” apparently made a pact amongst themselves to take secrets to their graves. MOO

I have to keep a level head when news like this drops because as much as I want it to be her, most likely, no, it has nothing to do with Lauren’s case.

The only “link” to a deer processing plant I could imagine, would be the fact that both DM and JW were known as hunters and might know the location? And that is such a stretch that i cannot imagine it to be true.

I know, it’s just that the words “Bloomington” and “investigation” in the headlines always grab my attention.

I have hiked extensively in the area, plus surrounding counties and there are just so many ravines, deep woods, and isolated area that I fear her body will never be found. Her “friends” apparently made a pact amongst themselves to take secrets to their graves. MOO
Even though the odds are low, my mind immediately went there too when I saw the headline. I know exactly what you mean. Can you imagine how her family/friends feel when they see stuff like this? It must be a special misery when a loved one disappears and you have no real answers. Worse yet when you believe people she thought were her friends are refusing to help.

Did they ever announce what the LE search was about?

Even though the odds are low, my mind immediately went there too when I saw the headline. I know exactly what you mean. Can you imagine how her family/friends feel when they see stuff like this? It must be a special misery when a loved one disappears and you have no real answers. Worse yet when you believe people she thought were her friends are refusing to help.

Did they ever announce what the LE search was about?
This is the most recent I could find:

. "On March 9th, 2021, investigators from the Bloomington Police Department, assisted by members of the Morgan County Sheriff's Office, the Indiana State Police, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, executed a search warrant at Little Buck Processing near Mooresville, Indiana. The search warrant was granted based upon information learned in an ongoing investigation by the Bloomington Police Department. The investigation is still active and no further information will be released at this time."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wr...re-deer-processing-business-located?_amp=true

Thanks! As @Matic points out it could be for almost anything. Poaching, embezzlement, drugs, guns, smuggling. In fact guns seem most likely given the popularity of deer hunting. Who knows?

Let us know if you hear anything else about the reason for the warrant, or if they were seen removing evidence during the warrant. Thanks!

Militia out thataway speculation. Why would Bloomington LE be out that way doing business? If it did involve LS, maybe it's the connection with RR, the sniper on top of the parking garage scoping out Kilroy's who said he knew who killed LS. I think in thread #34 we connected him to jailhouse snitch who said he helped to move a body purported to be LS.

Kym L. Pasqualini is the founder and former CEO of Nation's Missing Children Organization and National Center for Missing Adults

Lauren’s case has received national attention and the Bloomington Police Department says the case is still a top priority. As of May 24, 2013, investigators have received 3,060 tips on Lauren’s disappearance, 100 of them being received during the first half of 2013.

On January 28, 2016, the FBI conducted a raid of a home in Martinsville, Indiana, approximately 20 miles north of Bloomington. Police said the raid was connected to a man suspected of exposing himself to women. Thousands of other leads have been followed throughout the years but none have led police any closer to deliver answers to Lauren's parents.

Charlene works tirelessly to find her daughter and runs a website and the Official Lauren Spierer Updates from Her Family Facebook page. In the midst of the ambiguity, she is somehow able to function to help continue to raise awareness of her daughter’s disappearance.

The Spierer’s don’t believe their daughter is alive. It’s a potential reality that many parents can never bring themselves to. Robert Spierer told the Journal News that both parents are trying to be realistic. “We know that is she had the chance to reach out to us, she would have done it,” he said. While parents of missing children await answers, as days and years drag on, one thing remains very clear. The light of their children’s hearts will forever shine bright in theirs.
Three Stories of Mysterious Missing Person Cases

Lauren Spierer disappearance: What we know at the 10-year anniversary

One of the most promising leads came in in January 2016, when investigators from the Bloomington Police Department and federal agents searched the Martinsville property owned by the family of Justin Wagers in connection with the Spierer investigation.

Despite police reportedly removing a two-door, white Dodge Dakota Sport truck with front-end damage and a blue camper shell from the property, no arrests were made and police never commented on their findings.

In 2017, Brown County prosecutor Ted Adams said he believed Daniel Messel, who he'd convicted of murder in the 2015 slaying of IU student Hannah Wilson, may also be responsible for Spierer's disappearance. However, Bloomington police have not said whether Messel is a suspect in the case.

Its been 10 years...I honestly can't believe one of "those boys" has not yet talked. I pray for Lauren's family. This case still haunts me. I think because my boys are the same age. If they are innocent, wouldn't they have wanted to convince people by going public about what they know after all this time?

An interesting line in the article:

According to witness accounts and surveillance video images, she left Rosenbaum's apartment at 5 North Townhomes at 4:30 a.m. barefoot and intoxicated.

She intended to walk the 2 1/2 blocks home, but vanished.

It’s hard to know if this is true or if the journalist has assumed it to be true. If there is any surveillance that shows LS leaving, that’s pretty significant for exonerating her friends.

IMO, it is more likely an error in the writing than a fact. I feel like LS’s family would have been noticed if there were footage showing her leaving alone. Based on their attempted civil suit, it seems like the Spierers believe the boys are responsible for Lauren’s death. JMO.

To be clear, I don’t believe that LS’s friends are responsible, but I’m just doubting the claims of footage that shows her leaving alone. JMO. I thought it was worth pointing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500