IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you all wonder about these "tips" that come in?? I mean if they're legitimate tips then they are coming from someone who most likely has direct knowledge at the very least of some part of the crime.. Even if it's after the fact in the disposal of the body..or being told significant details about a part of the crime..

So say that's the case..that this tipster has been told certain and/or significant details of the crime.. Say theyve been told more than one detail, like she was killed in a specific apt, with a knife, and the body disposed in this particular spot..

They then call the tip hotline and tell where this disposal spot was but do not give the other details that they know.. Because a) they figure that in finding the body will be enough for LE to solve the rest and b) bEcause they do not want to talk, tell, or be in any way involved in the whole mess..

So then what if he has misunderstood or was even lied to about the actual disposal area but all the other details are infact 100% accurate and true.. But LE only has the one part about the disposal site and it was wrong so that leaves them no closer to finding Lauren.. Tipster is already freaked out wouldn't dare ever call in another tip mainly for the reason that it would be blatantly obvious to the murder that the person he confided in had gone to LE and tipped them off with those specific details he had told confidant..

So with the tips being 100% anonymous are you telling me that they are nit able to track down who it was that gave them this tip.. That no didn't pan out.. But they also know there is a possibility that just as I described ^above^ the tipster very likely may have other extremely impoertant and accurate details of the crime that would indeed lead them to solving the case..

So this anonymous deal allow for this tipster to go unfound, with no further talking to and delving into to see if he indeed possibly had more info that would lead to Lauren..

Surely the anonymity doesn't allow something like that to happen does it??

What I don't understand is, we have all seen pictures of video surveillance around these apartments and campus. Either they didn't work that night, or someone was clever enough to know the camera movements (if they had them).

I just find it down right scary in a world of observation, nothing can be pulled of that night that makes this a open and shut case.

I too hope that LE has a handle on this, but....

In a previous life I worked for a company that installed video surveillance equipment. I also have a video surveillance system at my home.

First off - most unmonitored video/camera systems are pretty quirky and have a fairly high occurrence of going off-line - not working at all or not sending the info to be recorded (but they might be storing the data internally on a memory card). Part of it is just the exposure to the outdoors, some issues might be due to interference with the wireless connections, some might just be old and crotchety (like me!)

Also - many businesses just hope the appearance of a camera will deter theft, vandalism, etc. So they just don't get them fixed when they do break. There's also a lot of "dummy" systems out there. If you are walking down a street and see 10 cameras you can pretty much assume that at least 5 of them are fake or not working - if you're up to something nefarious, the trick is knowing which ones.

The third strike in this situation is that we are relying on night-vision. Cameras that take beautiful high-resolution pictures during the daytime will usually take crappy low-resolution night-vision pictures. It's the trade-off you take for just having the option of taking any decent photo in the dark.

If someone is interested to see how much the difference is then take a look here. One interesting thing is that the reflective coating on the license plate makes it impossible to see at night time. I wonder if I turned all my external lights out tonight if the plate would be visible since it is the glare from the lights that I think is making it do that.

Just thought I would mention this... south of martinsville on SR 67 is an extremely rual area... lots of fields and forest area. Also the White River runs along SR 67 in that area

5:00 p.m. EDT, June 19, 2011

North of Bloomington—
Bloomington Police are following a new lead Sunday afternoon in the search for missing IU student, Lauren Spierer.
Police are searching fields and wooded areas just south of Martinsville and north of Bloomington near State Road 37.

Both a helicopter and 4 wheelers have been brought in to assist officers in the search.
Scanner traffic indicates police are working off of a tip.
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-new-...h-for-lauren-spierer-20110619,0,6866396.story

This certainly sounds like something ... I hope it's not Lauren. Still holding out hope, perhaps naively, that she's alive :(

OK I have to backtrack now. If there is digging then they must have someone in custody.
Either multiple people were involved and one of them talked, or they got a confession out of someone.

Possibly a POI finally cracked, or if a stranger abduction, they found that truck and investigated someone, zeroed in on them, brought them in for questioning, and got a confession.

I think this case will be closed by the end of the day.

It could also be that someone reported seeing a truck matching the description in the area, or found clothes that match what she was wearing in the area, or someone simply found a freshly dug area and alerted LE ...

I am listening to the Monroe County scanner in the scanner link in the Parking Lot of this forum...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6713533#post6713533"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Anything heard on scanners can't be talked about outside of the scanner forum, just FYI for new people...

I agree ven!! I believe someone has cracked!!

Praying for Lauren's family..

New tip leads police north of Bloomington in search for Lauren Spierer

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-new-...h-for-lauren-spierer-20110619,0,6866396.story

Wonder what the tip was? Saw a white truck pulled over with lights on at 4:45? Or something more specific? At this point without something solid our theories just float in the air until there is something to analyze.

SEWERS
I'm curious why no one has searched the sewers around that block?

AMIN
I'm curious who or what else AJ Amin may have seen at 3:00am when he picked up the purse. I'm wondering how the purse managed to get where it was, if LS and CR were just walking / staggering out of the Alley. It seemed to be quite a bit to the left of the Alley opening.

WHAT DOES ACTIVITY MEAN?
I'm curious what are all of the possible meanings of LE's statement that there was "Activity" caught on the Alley cam at 2:48 am. If this is a common LE term, what would it cover?

WHO PUNCHED CR AND WHY?
I'm still wondering who exactly punched CR and why? By now that information should be public, why keep that a secret? Did CR file charges?

OTHER PEOPLE
I'm still wanting to know who was in CR/MB's apt when LS left??... I think I recall in one of the latter statements from Salzman that JR was there in CR/MB's apt when she left to go to JR's, right? And others were there too! WHO?? why keep that a secret? DID THEY GO TO JR's TOO? If so, how long did they stay? So many unanswered questions after LS is supposedly at and leaving CR/MB's

ANOTHER SPIN ON THE ADD THEORIES
What if one of her friends took advantage of her state and had unprotected sex with her. Then in the process she died... Even without them being involved with drugs, the presence of their semen might make it look like they raped and killed her. One of those things that would be hard to explain. In this scenario someone might panic and tell this story to a friend who might buy it and be sympathetic. This way it's still a conspiracy but less complicated than a criminal enterprise clean up crew. (I know this theory is similar to one of Van Der Sloot's yarns regarding Natalie, the most believable as it was unknowingly recorded) Not sure how common that sort of circumstance is?? But I can see how someone could easily panic thinking they might be prosecuted for rape and murder.

Here's a quick map showing the where Martinsville is in relation to Bloomington. The article says off of Hwy 37.

martinsville-1.jpg

Wonder what the tip was? Saw a white truck pulled over with lights on at 4:45? Or something more specific?

I think it must be something more specific, but I guess that's possible too.

Hopefully police zeroed in on someone and they cracked, because then justice can at least be served.

Here's a quick map showing the where Martinsville is in relation to Bloomington. The article says off of Hwy 37.

martinsville-1.jpg

I think Legendary Hills is just SW of Maxwell, if you zoom in further.

(basing this off the street names)

It's possible someone called in a tip due to something they found but did not want to be involved with police for some reason...and therefore tip was vague...or maybe they only had vague info, such as recalling a vehicle pulled off the road in this area on that night, something like that...

Perhaps, one of LS's friends, acquaintances, associates and/or "secondary-tier" folks found the "courage" that Dad and Mom pleaded for.

19min drive time at 60 mph to Martinsville from Bloomington..16mins at 70mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members