In my right hand is the blue pill, in my left the red pill

..for that matter,the word 'beheaded' is not simply a foreign term,it's also a familiar term used in the bible and one Patsy would have been familiar with;think John the Baptist's head on a silver platter,for starters.There's more,but I'm short on time right now.

..for that matter,the word 'beheaded' is not simply a foreign term,it's also a familiar term used in the bible and one Patsy would have been familiar with;think John the Baptist's head on a silver platter,for starters.There's more,but I'm short on time right now.

Please, JMO: one issue at time.

SD,I think you have an excellent point!! delivery is indeed a word moms would use! I'll elaborate further later.

Delivery is such a nondescript word, like 'tomorrow'. What about 'execution'. Who uses that word??

Delivery is such a nondescript word, like 'tomorrow'. What about 'execution'. Who uses that word??

Leaving my personal take on that aside for a moment, HOTYH, we'll get to that issue later, if you wish. But I'd prefer to stick to this issue for now, if that's all right.

So far ONE mom has responded. I'm still waiting for a few more to weigh in. Keep in mind, I have nothing against your feelings, HOTYH. But as you and I are men (I'm assuming), this is an area where we need a woman's input. MY OPINION.

beheaded = Mortal Kombat, FINISH HIM! fatality, subzero wins!

Hi SD.

I've never heard of a woman describe delivery as exhausting.
.... Like getting hit by a Mack truck , ya .... but not 'exhausting'.

Execution is use in the bible in the time of Moses remember the first borns... I have four children and afterwards I was exhausted just wanted to sleep...And beheaded is in the Bible..And if we want to go with the BiBle some can look at the WC as a tomb...But a woman would know delivery and having a child isn't nothing like pizza delivery..

Execution is use in the bible in the time of Moses remember the first borns... I have four children and afterwards I was exhausted just wanted to sleep...And beheaded is in the Bible..And if we want to go with the BiBle some can look at the WC as a tomb...But a woman would know delivery and having a child isn't nothing like pizza delivery..

true, but for me free association of delivery is pizza delivery just one second, mmmm, pizza.

ok i'm back. So do we have PR thinking baby delievery or a young white male thinking pizza delivery or perhaps PR was thinking pizza delivery? just one second. mmmm, pizza. ok i'm back now.

Delievery as in pizza delievery, is a term young whilte males playing Teenage mutant ninja turtles on the Xbox 360 would use just as attache is a term that those who play call of duty, as in military attache would use. I'm not sure that it is a feminine term for briefcase. And beheaded is a term that the same said young male would use while playing Mortal Kombat, FINISH HIM!

Hi SD.

I've never heard of a woman describe delivery as exhausting.
.... Like getting hit by a Mack truck , ya .... but not 'exhausting'.

Maybe you've never HEARD it described that way. But what I'm asking is, could the actual doing of it render a person exhausted?

true, but for me free association of delivery is pizza delivery just one second, mmmm, pizza.

ok i'm back. So do we have PR thinking baby delievery or a young white male thinking pizza delivery or perhaps PR was thinking pizza delivery? just one second. mmmm, pizza. ok i'm back now.

Delievery as in pizza delievery, is a term young whilte males playing Teenage mutant ninja turtles on the Xbox 360 would use just as attache is a term that those who play call of duty, as in military attache would use. I'm not sure that it is a feminine term for briefcase. And beheaded is a term that the same said young male would use while playing Mortal Kombat, FINISH HIM!

Now why would such a childish,stupid bloke(who writes such an idiotic stupid note) care to redress his victim?

I could see such a guy using a stun gun,but having pineapple with his victim?

For SD, as a mom, when I read "the delivery will be exhausting," I immediately thought of childbirth.

Great, now you made me hungry!

ok i'm back. So do we have PR thinking baby delivery or a young white male thinking pizza delivery or perhaps PR was thinking pizza delivery? just one second. mmmm, pizza. ok i'm back now.

All will be explained shortly.

Okay, now it's my turn. Remember when I said that you had to take an holistic approach with the ransom letter, and not chop it up like a Christmas turkey? Well, it would seem that I've been doing pretty much exactly that.

Voynich, and the rest of you out there, I realize you're probably as tired of hearing me talk about the "big picture" as I am of saying it, but all I ask is one thing: that you bear with me on this. Here goes.

Despite the misconception that some have been laboring under, I'm not trying to claim that every single word in the ransom letter has "mother" stamped on it. So let me state AGAIN that what I AM trying to say is that, as the profilers did, you have to separate what is real from what isn't. The stuff about "countermeasures" and all of that...that's just talk, someone trying to sound impressive, someone trying to sound like a criminal who knows what they're doing. The parts about being motherly and family inside jokes, in my opinion (not just me, either)...THAT's where it's at. THAT's where a little bit of the real person slipped through. I don't know what is so difficult to understand about that.

Now, let's be honest here. I know there are some reading this and rolling their eyes. They're thinking "oh, this is just generalizations and wildcards" or some damn thing. But I had more in mind than just leaving it at that. Let's take it a step at a time.

But please, please, PLEASE do not take all of these on an individual basis. Take a look at how it fits together as a whole gestalt. With that simple but crucial caveat out of the way, let's take a few:

1) I already covered the "delivery will be exhausting" bit. To me, that sounds like something a doctor would say to an expectant mother.

2) Maybe attache, complete with accent mark, is not something your AVERAGE American mother would say. But we're not TALKING about an average American mother, are we? We're talking about a lady who grew up in the deep South, which has a very strong French undercurrent; a lady who took her husband's first and middle names and gave them a kind of pseudo-French sound to name her daughter...COMPLETE with an accent mark, no less; a lady who insisted that her daughter could already speak the French language. A lady who had a French Poodle dog with the name Jacques. Anybody noticing a pattern here?

3) JMO8778 mentioned beheading as it appears in the Bible. John the Baptist is only ONE example of that. The Old Testament is loaded with severed heads.
And it just HAPPENS (hint hint) that PR was a religious woman. Not only had she grown up in the so-called Bible Belt of America, but during her illness and recovery she embraced a very charismatic form of evangelical Christianity. More on that later.

But there's something else. Actually, a few somethings. The ransom letter contains the words "execution" and "beheading." Now, when someone today uses those words in conjunction, most people think of the Middle East, the Islamic world, pretty much the only place where beheading is used to execute people as a matter of law. You could make the argument that the writer was trying to conjure up the spectre of Islamic terrorism. I believe they were, but there's something else. What other place in the world is associated with decapitating people? That would be France again. Specifically, during the French Revolution and the Reign of Terror that followed, when hundreds were sent to Madame Guillotine. Is it conceivable that a Francophile would NOT know about the bloody days of the guillotine?

4) Now, let's take that "countermeasures," "monitoring" "scanned" stuff. I thought about that one for a long time, and I think it's helpful to remember that just a few weeks before JB's death, a major media event took place. Namely, the release of the movie Star Trek: First Contact. Now, what made that release so noteworthy was a couple of things:

--it was the first movie where the cast of the show "Star Trek: The Next Generation" had it all to themselves.

--it was the first time in a long time (since before "Next Generation" went off the air in 1994) that Capt. Picard and his crew had to battle the seemingly unstoppable Borg, a race of cybernetic humanoids bent on galatic conquest. Despite their sporadic appearances, the Borg became the bad guys most associated with the "Next Generation" and fans were excited to see them back in their original "bad-*advertiser censored**" incarnation.

--most notably, it marked an anniversary. 1996 was a milestone for the "Star Trek" franchise because it marked the 30th anniversary of the original Star Trek hitting the airwaves.

Now, I realize that some of you just read all that and are wondering "what's that got to do with anything?" Well, in that movie, the terms "countermeasure," "tactics" "monitor" and "scan" are used several times. JR is a Star Trek fan. He even went to so far as to label the opposition "BORG," like the zombified cyborgs from the show. And even if he didn't see the film when it came out, and I'm not trying to claim he did, he obviously had an inkling about the "Next Generation" show to know the basics about the Borg. And in that show, many, many times those words were used, most often by Data, the android, who was very much a fan favorite character.

5) Finally, I'd like to speak on the closing "Victory!" Now, it has been claimed that the idea that "Victory" being based on religious fervor is, and I quote, "absurd." But it's never really been explained WHY it's absurd. Especially when you take the holistic view. As I mentioned earlier, PR had "got religion" as the colloquial goes. And if you listen to a lot of these preachers, especially the real fire-and-brimstone ones, you'll hear a lot about Armageddon and the final battle of Good and Evil, and how we on Earth have to do our best to achieve victory over the forces of Satan. They talk about the great victory at the final battle. The Bible talks of victory many times, such as the Israelites in their war against the Phillistines. The Book of Revelations is loaded with talk like that, about the great victory at the End of Days.

Just as a coda to this, consider the choice of words Pam Paugh, PR's sister, used at the funeral: "She got her victory." Just what "victory" would that be, Pam?

You folks out there getting all of this, or am I just talking to myself? I put a LOT of time and effort into compiling this post. I'd hate to think I wasted it!

"The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. "

I'm sorry but this sounds like complete bs to me.Why would he/they care anyway?BS

MORE bs:

"Mr. Ramsey: Listen Carefully! We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction. We respect your business, but not the country it serves.

At this time, we have your daughter in our possession. She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.

You will withdraw $118,000 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank.

When you get home, you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 a.m. tomorrow to instruct you on delivery. The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we monitor you getting the money early we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence and earlier pickup of your daughter.

Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter. You will also be denied her remains for a proper burial. The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them.

Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as police or F.B.I. will result in your daughter being beheaded. If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies. If you alert bank authorities, she dies. If the money is in way marked or tampered with, she dies. You can try to deceive us, but be warned we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics.

You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to outsmart us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% of getting her back. You and your family are under constant scrutiny, as well as the authorities.

Don't try to grow a brain John. You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult. Don't underestimate us, John. Use that good, Southern common sense of yours. It's up to you now John! Victory! S.B.T.C."

Which is the lie,the "we" or the "I"?

Now why would such a childish,stupid bloke(who writes such an idiotic stupid note) care to redress his victim?

I could see such a guy using a stun gun,but having pineapple with his victim?

bloke?
are you british?

Speaking of which...LOL,did anyone watch that Dexter episode when he wrote a note to the cops in order to mislead them in which he quoted everything possible,from Einstein to war articles,etc?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back