GUILTY IN - Newton County, Fem, 30 Mar 2019 - Nicole Bowen

New details learned about the murder of Nicole Bowen

“Newton County Drug Task Force Investigator Vince Lowe testified Wednesday that prior to the arrest of Mathis he posted on social media that he intended to leave the state and head to Texas.

Drinski also told the Newton County Enterprise that additional charges may be coming against Mathis, Parker, and Garth pending the results of DNA testing, which he said will probably take months.”

Interesting that the Drug Task Force Investigator was monitoring Mathis’ social media, also that DNA results will take “months.”

https://mycase.in.gov

State of Indiana v. Garett Kirts
08D01-1901-F6-000013

Court
Carroll Superior Court
Case Type
F6 - Felony 6
Filed
01/21/2019
Status
01/21/2019, Pending
Charges
35-42-2-9(c)/F6: Strangulation, 35-42-2-1.3(a)(1)/MA: Domestic Battery
Parties
State of Indiana, Kirts
Attorneys
McLeland, Phillips

Hi, I think you got the wrong Christopher Mathis (nr 3).

This is the correct Christopher Mathis :

https://www.facebook.com/christopher.mathis.7982

You can compare with his mugshot in this link:

4th suspect arrested, one still at large in West Lafayette woman’s homicide near Kentland

Hi, I think you got the wrong Christopher Mathis (nr 3).

This is the correct Christopher Mathis :

https://www.facebook.com/christopher.mathis.7982

You can compare with his mugshot in this link:

4th suspect arrested, one still at large in West Lafayette woman’s homicide near Kentland

He actually has 4-5 Facebook's. Both of them are his. I just posted the one I did since it seemed to have the most recent posts but he seems to use 2-3 of them. The neck tattoo is the same on both.

The man arrested for Nicole's murder singing in his brown hoodie.

<modsnip: discussing moderation is not allowed>

So I notice that this was Published on Feb 11, 2016
That is just about 1 year before A&L were murdered (Feb 13, 2017)
He says "this song is for you Steven" at the beginning and I'm not that familiar with this song but just listening to it (that's not him singing, I think he's just lip synching?) seems like he is dedicating it to someone that has passed, likely around that same time I would guess, Could be a trigger? Maybe there is a Steven on his friends list and we can figure it out but I have to head out soon if someone else finds anything please post.

Also, from his FB (aside from the voice comparison video someone posted in the comments on the most recent post he did), it seems like a great deal of his posts are directed towards his (estranged?) gf Ash Ley. Of note, she has also been arrested in the NB murder case.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I notice that this was Published on Feb 11, 2016
That is just about 1 year before A&L were murdered (Feb 13, 2017)
He says "this song is for you Steven" at the beginning and I'm not that familiar with this song but just listening to it (that's not him singing, I think he's just lip synching?) seems like he is dedicating it to someone that has passed, likely around that same time I would guess, Could be a trigger? Maybe there is a Steven on his friends list and we can figure it out but I have to head out soon if someone else finds anything please post.

Also, from his FB (aside from the voice comparison video someone posted in the comments on the most recent post he did), it seems like a great deal of his posts are directed towards his (estranged?) gf Ash Ley. Of note, she has also been arrested in the NB murder case.

These people are just a mess of drugs and jail and domestic issues. "This is the one time I'm really innocent."

Lord.

Oh also I forgot: he seems to be chewing tobacco in his lip synch video and a lot of people said they thought BG was spitting. To me, GK in that video looks the most like the actual BG (not the sketches, actual BG) than anyone so far.

Also, he is younger (21) than he looks. Isn't that said by LE somewhere?

I wish we knew why he was mad at NB and threatening to kill her (on her FB), which he ultimately did. It's my guess that it has something to do with his gf that he's obsessed with.

jmo

Oh also I forgot: he seems to be chewing tobacco in his lip synch video and a lot of people said they thought BG was spitting. To me, GK in that video looks the most like the actual BG (not the sketches, actual BG) than anyone so far.

I wish we knew why he was mad at NB and threatening to kill her (on her FB), which he ultimately did. It's my guess that it has something to do with his gf that he's obsessed with.

jmo

I believe LE said BG may appear younger than he is, not the other way around.

jmo

Yeah I can see how you could match this creep up with the BG. But Garrett into those clothes and it could match.

He seems to be a super angry, violent guy. Clearly capable of murder. But I'm guessing these drug/revenge murderers aren't related to Abby and Libby's case.

Lots of stuff happens everywhere. A young man was just killed on a trail in Lafeyette and another young man arrested in connection with that.

I see the killer of the girls as more confident in his ability to kill and more controlled than the creep arrested for murder here.

Who knows.

Yeah I can see how you could match this creep up with the BG. But Garrett into those clothes and it could match.

He seems to be a super angry, violent guy. Clearly capable of murder. But I'm guessing these drug/revenge murderers aren't related to Abby and Libby's case.

Lots of stuff happens everywhere. A young man was just killed on a trail in Lafeyette and another young man arrested in connection with that.

I see the killer of the girls as more confident in his ability to kill and more controlled than the creep arrested for murder here.

Who knows.

I agree with you. I do see his face in the BG photo, though. Just not sure about the rest of it.

<modsnipped quoted post>
We had a lot of speculation about Mears farm in the early days; wondering if it was empty, if one of the construction workers was BG, etc.

Do you know how long Kirts worked at Mears farm?

Here's a couple links to posts talking about the Mears Farm in the Abby and Libby thread .

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back