GUILTY IN - Newton County, Fem, 30 Mar 2019 - Nicole Bowen

This sounds a little "cowardly", no? BBM

5th person sought in connection with West Lafayette woman's murder

Christopher Mathis was arrested Monday in Zionsville in connection with the case. Officers found him hiding under a bed inside a woman's apartment.

Mathis, two women and 21-year-old Garret Kirts have been charged in the death of Nicole Bowen. The victim leaves behind two young sons.

100% agree. Thank you for such a logical comment. moo
But what WOULD anyone’s family think. They would be appauld! Maybe the perp has church going parents/family who volunteer at the local shelter and donate regularly to their local LE. Maybe he is close to a grandparent or a niece. So many possibilities there that I don’t find Carters statement unusual.

But what WOULD anyone’s family think. They would be appauld! Maybe the perp has church going parents/family who volunteer at the local shelter and donate regularly to their local LE. Maybe he is close to a grandparent or a niece. So many possibilities there that I don’t find Carters statement unusual.

I took Carter's comments to indicate the murderer's family is well known and highly respected. Of course, I could be totally wrong, but that's how I understood it. moo

I took Carter's comments to indicate the murderer's family is well known and highly respected. Of course, I could be totally wrong, but that's how I understood it. moo
I did at first to. GK has forced me to look at everything with a different thought process. Trying to keep my mind open.

Threads are case specific. Between this thread and the Abby and Libby thread I have had to remove over 140 posts today and that has made me uber cranky. Do not bring Abby's and Libby's case into this thread. They are two separate cases unless/until MSM or LE indicate otherwise. If you wish to discuss these issues through private conversations, that's fine but don't mix up the threads and confuse the heck out of other members and guests.

Not wanting to sound miserable here, but further violations will result in thread reply bans.

ETA: Also please note, Superintendent Carter's presser was specifically in relation to Libby's and Abby's case ... not the Bowen case. Please don't confuse his comments with another case.

Thread is open again.

Last edited:
Sorry SB. The Delphi connection is getting to us all.

So am I interpreting correctly from his charges in Mycase, (see link below) his address is Brookston yet MSM states he is from Lebanon. Only one of his charges has Lebanon as his address. Also GF address is Delphi.

www.mycase.in.gov

According to Doxpop Welcome to Doxpop

GK - Lebanon
AG - Delphi
JS - Kentland
CM - Kentland
TB - Monticello

It is interesting to do https://mycase.in.gov on all of the suspects and NB. Hers was pretty long. The rest of them are bad drivers that hate seat belts and but like drugs. I did not see any of these current charges on there (yet?). I'll checkout Doxpop, not familiar with that one.

Also, if anyone knows how to start a private conversation as was suggested, I'm sure the majority of us posting in this thread would be interested in that. :)

This sounds a little "cowardly", no? BBM

5th person sought in connection with West Lafayette woman's murder

Christopher Mathis was arrested Monday in Zionsville in connection with the case. Officers found him hiding under a bed inside a woman's apartment.

Mathis, two women and 21-year-old Garret Kirts have been charged in the death of Nicole Bowen. The victim leaves behind two young sons.
That is exactly what I said when I first read this--What a COWARD !! Really ?!?!? HIDING under a bed...after helping/involved in a murder of another human being..
MR rough and tough guy runs and HIDES underneath a bed ??? OMG..
OK..rant over--carry on

Sorry SB. The Delphi connection is getting to us all.

So am I interpreting correctly from his charges in Mycase, (see link below) his address is Brookston yet MSM states he is from Lebanon. Only one of his charges has Lebanon as his address. Also GF address is Delphi.

www.mycase.in.gov
For whatever reason the link won’t work for me. I think this is the same info, if not please let me know. (Thanks)

Case Search - MyCase

It is interesting to do https://mycase.in.gov on all of the suspects and NB. Hers was pretty long. The rest of them are bad drivers that hate seat belts and but like drugs. I did not see any of these current charges on there (yet?). I'll checkout Doxpop, not familiar with that one.

Also, if anyone knows how to start a private conversation as was suggested, I'm sure the majority of us posting in this thread would be interested in that. :)
Yes! I have to keep checking my postings to make sure they are not against TOS.

NB was found on Saturday, March 30th and her obituary states she died on March 30th.

The body found in rural Newton County on March 30 has been identified as 30-year-old Nicole L. Bowen of West Lafayette. As WLFI previously reported, Bowen's body was found about two miles Northwest of Kentland by the property owner.

According to the Newton County Sheriff’s Office, foul play is suspected.
Body found in Newton Co. identified as West Lafayette woman

https://www.simplicity-funeralcare.com/obituaries/Nicole-Bowen/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans