Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

Thanks for posting. They're not saying much are they? Only interested in where he's been in the last six days. We're interested in the last 6 years (or even the last 46 years)

If MSM publish some of these 2017 photos, SM will go wild IMO.
If MSM does one speculative article about Etter and Delphi, the Delphi thread will explode once again....moo

How does a "repeat substance abuser" (or whatever they call it in the court doc), get to be a scout leader, or even go on the trips?
I think he had charges dismissed and had a plea deal on the house break-in and battery charges, but it's a good point. If he is a volunteer, they don't run checks probably anyway IMO.

I think he had charges dismissed and had a plea deal on the house break-in and battery charges, but it's a good point. If he is a volunteer, they don't run checks probably anyway IMO.
In regards to this house break in and battery charge who was this committed against ? Anyone have the victim’s name? Or was it domestic battery ?

In regards to this house break in and battery charge who was this committed against ? Anyone have the victim’s name? Or was it domestic battery ?
I don’t remember but I think there was something to do with domestic. I’ll look back on the thread and pull up the case to see if I can figure it out

Dbm- sorry

Last edited:
Etter was on the loose for nearly six days after he was accused of kidnapping and rape.

Tippecanoe County Sheriff Bob Goldsmith said the search for Etter was the most difficult one he's ever undertaken. Not only was Etter believed to be active on social media during the search, but he was also believed to be armed and dangerous.

Investigators are looking into where he hid, how he hid and who may have helped.

They’re focusing on figuring out how he managed to get to Boone County. Goldsmith said Etter's suicide makes this investigation difficult because he can't be questioned.

Despite these challenges, Goldsmith said they'll continue investigating until they get answers.

Paul Etter Investigation

Makes me wonder if he did have any prior involvement in other crimes, if he made contact with LE in those crime(s), or if there is a distant possibility he is a serial offender. I simply don’t know.

All it seems like now is the investigative focus is on who might have helped him as he traveled to Boone County over the six days the search was going on, nothing less and nothing more.

WISHTV.com

LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) —

Goldsmith said Etter’s suicide makes this investigation difficult because he can’t be questioned.

One major way investigators plan to piece information together is through community tips. If you have any information about the case, you’re asked to contact the sheriff’s office at 765-423-9321.
Edit to copy of only 10%
Anyone found obit of PE

Was he a Boy Scout leader or a Boy Scout in his youth? Or both? I don’t recall reading about him being a leader, but fwiw, the BSA do run background checks.

https://www.scouting.org/training/youth-protection/

Council to Council may differ slightly in terms of how stringent bg checks are, but as the spouse of a longtime Scout and Scout Leader, bg checks and leader/volunteer, training in youth protection and mandated reporting always were a Very Big Deal in our Council. As BSA historically has been a top-down organization, I would expect similar practices countrywide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back