GUILTY IN - Skylea Carmack, 10, Gas City, Grant County, 31 Aug 2019 *stepmom arrested* *appeal filed 2022*

Father of missing 10-year-old from Gas City speaks out

Skylea’s father, Kevin Carmack, said he’s grateful for the support of the community.

“It’s been amazing. I couldn’t have asked for a better turnout,” said Kevin.

He said he was at work and Skylea was home with her stepmom when she went missing Saturday. He believes his daughter ran away because she was grounded and upset about it.

“And it just went a little too far and she got stuck and now she’s just scared to come home cause she’s afraid now she is going to be in even more trouble,” said Kevin.

If that’s the case, he wants her to know she won’t be.

“We’re not even mad at this point we are just worried about her being OK just want her to come home,” said Kevin.

I'm behind reading this thread in case someone already said this: this is exactly the same nonsense Andrew Freund Sr. was selling about his missing son whom he had buried in a field.

I am not buying this ran away story.

There are so many things that concern me about this case. Bless Skylea Carmack.

1. Stepmother allegedly had a live chat with Skylea and Kevin between 3 & 3:30 because Stepmother stated SC took a charm bracelet apart that didn't belong to her. Allegedly Kevin said SC was grounded the rest of the day and would deal with the situation when he got home? Really? 7 kids at home and stepmother makes a huge deal about a charm bracelet?

2. SC was reportedly playing in the front yard down the street, throughout afternoon, and allegedly someone matching her description and clothing is seen on neighbor's security system. Yet, after approximately 4 p.m. through the evening, ISP, report the security video they've viewed doesn't seem to show SC leaving.

3. Stepmother reports she doesn't remember seeing or speaking to SC, after 4p.m. yet doesn't even look for her in house until 8-8:30. 7 children and no dinner made or prepared for 7 children before 8-8:30p.m. Stepmother texted dad at approximately 8:30pm. Stating she can't find SC. Waits until approximately 9:30p.m. to text father's mother/SC grandmother asking if SC is there. Now, 4p.m. -9:30p.m. she's not reported missing? This is the reason according to reports that the remaining 6 children were removed from home by DCS/DHS. DCS/DHS didn't remove children to be a babysitter. That's not their job or purpose. This is actually confirmed by father's statement to news station.

4. Question. Is stepmother actually married to father? Some say yes, however her Facebook states, "In a relationship" now, maybe a man may not update relationship staus but women, THEY DO, especially if they have an active social media account, which the stepmother does.

5. Stepmother makes the post on August 22nd, 2019, negative comments about SC. I wholeheartedly believe her statements are about SC, specifically because she references the child running away and the father states her history of running away. Which I'm not entirely convinced this is true. However, the very last statement is VERY REVEALING to me. "I'm really at the end of my rope with this one..." THIS ONE WHAT? A child? She's already using distancing language, can't even state her name, stepdaughter, e.g.

IMHO, I don't believe SC ran away

I can't even continue, I'm sick about SC missing case.

Cheers!!!

Gas City 10-year-old still missing after 3 full days

No sign of missing Gas City 10-year-old after 3rd day of searching

This is just an observation. How do 9 people, 7 children and 2 adults live in a TWO BEDROOM, 1364 square foot home? 7 children in ONE bedroom?
How could DCS/DHS sign off on these living arrangements. There are male and female children in this household.

JMO

There doesn't seem to be any adult third party observation and report of the circumstances of the events of Saturday afternoon that WE know of. The MSM reports are mostly from what the stepmother told the father who told the media.
If she left from the neighbor's yard where she had been playing and was caught on camera then she must have had the reported purple blanket, pillow and back pack with her there. That doesn't fit the timeline or make common sense

So, she must have gone back home from the neighbor's yard then got into it with her stepmother and was grounded, then her step mother has to know that she wasn't there for the next 5 hours. Seems to me that this puts circumstances squarely in the house and in the step mother's lap, as the supervising adult, and she needs to be truthful about the details.

There are so many things that concern me about this case. Bless Skylea Carmack.

1. Stepmother allegedly had a live chat with Skylea and Kevin between 3 & 3:30 because Stepmother stated SC took a charm bracelet apart that didn't belong to her. Allegedly Kevin said SC was grounded the rest of the day and would deal with the situation when he got home? Really? 7 kids at home and stepmother makes a huge deal about a charm bracelet?

2. SC was reportedly playing in the front yard down the street, throughout afternoon, and allegedly someone matching her description and clothing is seen on neighbor's security system. Yet, after approximately 4 p.m. through the evening, ISP, report the security video they've viewed doesn't seem to show SC leaving.

3. Stepmother reports she doesn't remember seeing or speaking to SC, after 4p.m. yet doesn't even look for her in house until 8-8:30. 7 children and no dinner made or prepared for 7 children before 8-8:30p.m. Stepmother texted dad at approximately 8:30pm. Stating she can't find SC. Waits until approximately 9:30p.m. to text father's mother/SC grandmother asking if SC is there. Now, 4p.m. -9:30p.m. she's not reported missing? This is the reason according to reports that the remaining 6 children were removed from home by DCS/DHS. DCS/DHS didn't remove children to be a babysitter. That's not their job or purpose. This is actually confirmed by father's statement to news station.

4. Question. Is stepmother actually married to father? Some say yes, however her Facebook states, "In a relationship" now, maybe a man may not update relationship staus but women, THEY DO, especially if they have an active social media account, which the stepmother does.

5. Stepmother makes the post on August 22nd, 2019, negative comments about SC. I wholeheartedly believe her statements are about SC, specifically because she references the child running away and the father states her history of running away. Which I'm not entirely convinced this is true. However, the very last statement is VERY REVEALING to me. "I'm really at the end of my rope with this one..." THIS ONE WHAT? A child? She's already using distancing language, can't even state her name, stepdaughter, e.g.

IMHO, I don't believe SC ran away

I can't even continue, I'm sick about SC missing case.

Cheers!!!

Gas City 10-year-old still missing after 3 full days

No sign of missing Gas City 10-year-old after 3rd day of searching

IMO, Step mom makes it very clear she does not care for the child she is speaking about in that post which I also believe is Skylea.

Further down on her page she talks about one of the children cooking and spilling noodles on accident and how angry it made her and pats herself on the back for not lashing out about it.

This is just an observation. How do 9 people, 7 children and 2 adults live in a TWO BEDROOM, 1364 square foot home? 7 children in ONE bedroom?
How could DCS/DHS sign off on these living arrangements. There are male and female children in this household.

JMO

from the news, there is additional space...
9/2/19 family home

If it is indeed the house of the dad/step mom, I can't start to imagine the state of which the body was in.
I mean, I'm sure LE/police have searched that house thoroughly, right? How can they have missed it?

It's weird, gut wrenching and nauseating...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back