Innocent!

at some point prior to that night, the babysitter walked in to find her almost smother the baby

I had never read that anywhere before!!!

I am beginning to feel the same way about Darin as I do about Rusty Yates... I mean, you SEE that your wife is clearly having some sort of issue and you just choose to ignore it???

at some point prior to that night, the babysitter walked in to find her almost smother the baby

And she still decided to kill her kids after CPS investigated her for attempting to kill her youngest child?

I had never read that anywhere before!!!

I am beginning to feel the same way about Darin as I do about Rusty Yates... I mean, you SEE that your wife is clearly having some sort of issue and you just choose to ignore it???

mr yates didnt show any kind of remorse about the loss of his 5 children.

And she still decided to kill her kids after CPS investigated her for attempting to kill her youngest child?

yes. and i dont buy into post partem depression as an excuse for killing your children. i had that after birth of my oldest and felt rage but took it out on a piece of furniture because i didnt want to hurt my preciouse baby, and my rage was not directed at him at all.

How can you prove that Darlie screamed for Darin? I will always believe Darin came downstairs in response to some noise Darlie made and found her before she was ready with the staging. Remember that they both changed their stories. Darin first said he was awakened by the sound of breaking glass (impossible to hear from the bedroom.) Darlie said she screamed for Darin and Darin came down in his jeans and without his glasses. Darin says he heard Darlie scream and came down in his underwear and wearing his glasses. Darlie says on the 911 call she woke up and 'was fighting.' She later says she woke up because Damon was pushing on her shoulder. And why did Darlie not scream for Darin when she 'realized' there was an intruder that was not Darin? She sees a stranger in her house and decides to get up and follow him? Oh, come on!

yes. and i dont buy into post partem depression as an excuse for killing your children. i had that after birth of my oldest and felt rage but took it out on a piece of furniture because i didnt want to hurt my preciouse baby, and my rage was not directed at him at all.

No. I mean CPS was involved because this sitter called them?

No. I mean CPS was involved because this sitter called them?

i have not read or heard anything about CPS being involved. Just that a woman who worked for her (not sure if was sitter or housekeeper) walked in to find DR sitting with baby wrapped in blanket, took baby from her and uncovered him to find him discolored and gasping for breath.

that baby always slept with the blanket over his head.The woman totally overreacted and you should read her statements in the transcript.She could not stand Darlie.The baby was not discolored or gasping for breath.

that baby always slept with the blanket over his head.The woman totally overreacted and you should read her statements in the transcript.She could not stand Darlie.The baby was not discolored or gasping for breath.

i read sworn testimony.

i have not read or heard anything about CPS being involved. Just that a woman who worked for her (not sure if was sitter or housekeeper) walked in to find DR sitting with baby wrapped in blanket, took baby from her and uncovered him to find him discolored and gasping for breath.

I don't know about you but if I walked in on a woman trying to smother her child my first call would have been to CPS. The fact that she didn't makes me wonder about the truthfulness of that story. I could care less if she testified to it or not.

I don't know about you but if I walked in on a woman trying to smother her child my first call would have been to CPS. The fact that she didn't makes me wonder about the truthfulness of that story. I could care less if she testified to it or not.

I still think she is guilty, but I TOTALLY agree with this :scale:...

If I EVER saw anyone doing anything CLOSE to this my 1st call would be to the police, then CPS, then her husband...

I think that there are some (okay, maybe A LOT) of people who just jumped ont he bandwagon so they could get their 15 minutes...

Wasn't it also very hot weather and hot in the home when the worker saw Darlie holding the baby across her lap with the head all covered with the blanket? If an adult wouldn't want that done then a child shouldn't enjoy it either. Also: Does anyone know what type of blood spot was on the sock found in the ally. Was it smear, drops, smatter, etc.?

Wasn't it also very hot weather and hot in the home when the worker saw Darlie holding the baby across her lap with the head all covered with the blanket? If an adult wouldn't want that done then a child shouldn't enjoy it either. Also: Does anyone know what type of blood spot was on the sock found in the ally. Was it smear, drops, smatter, etc.?

I read the testimony. The woman testified that Darlie and another person were sitting in the room together when this supposed smothering attempt took place. Sorry, but I don't believe anyone is going to smother their child in front of a witness.

I believe the blood on the sock was smears.

I read the testimony. The woman testified that Darlie and another person were sitting in the room together when this supposed smothering attempt took place. Sorry, but I don't believe anyone is going to smother their child in front of a witness.

I believe the blood on the sock was smears.

there was something about that worker that seemed weak in dealing with Drly; and i dont remember what it was or if i read it or saw on news, just too long ago for my memory. and i think she was at the silly string party.

i dont know about how much blood was on socks, am still wading thru the transcripts and not there yet.

there was something about that worker that seemed weak in dealing with Drly; and i dont remember what it was or if i read it or saw on news, just too long ago for my memory. and i think she was at the silly string party.

i dont know about how much blood was on socks, am still wading thru the transcripts and not there yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by "weak in dealing with Drly." I assume you mean Darlie. The woman was an immigrant from Poland and as per her testimony she did not like Darlie because she thought Darlie talked about her behind her back. Be that as it may, her testimony that she walked in on Darlie attempting to smother the baby was absurd. There was another person sitting in the room with Darlie when this person supposably walked in on it. Noone is going to try to smother a baby while someone else is sitting there watching. And noone is going to walk in on it and not call CPS or the police. Her story is just that.... a story.

Also... I don't remember how old the baby was at this time, but... My baby girl has a couple satin blankies & her favorite thing is when you cover her face with them so she can pull them off... I suppose it's her way of playing peek-a-boo...

I'll cover her face, say "where's Bewis (her little knick-name)?" and she will whip it off and laugh...

Could Darlie just have been playing with Drake? Especially if there was another person sitting there with her?

He was almost eight months old at the time and this person testified that the smothering attempt was the morning of June 5th.

To have a new trial, new evidence that could not have been "uncovered" at the original trial must be presented and must be "very compelling".

There is not "new" evidence, there never will be "new"evidence that will convince the courts that this murderer deserves a new trial.

What makes one think that a "new" trial will not have the same result as the old trial. After all she was convicted on the murder of one child, if, and that is a big if, she was somehow found not guilty, you can bet your bottom dollar that she will be tried for the murder of her other son.

The same evidence will be presented and used at both trial. The same evidence will be used in the "new" trial as in the old one.

Nothing will change and the verdict will be upheld.

Again, I find nothing at all that has persuaded me of her "story" of some unknown stranger or strangers(according to the 911 tape, her story changed from him to them).

Oh BTW, I recall a case where a women "lunged" and tried to assault another person. This person got away(uninjured)and phoned 911. By the time 911 arrived, the "criminal" had a "huge" gash on her face. Guess who was arrested, the person who was the "true" victim of the assault, not the criminal. In the end, at trial her "wonderful" family and friend could not get their stories straight on the witness stand. They could not prepare for questions that they "did not get prepare for". So notwithstanding the "injuries(which were self inflicted)the person was found not guilty of assault. There was "quite" a concerted effort on her part, her family and her friends to "ensure" they got "even" with a person they did not like.

You see the justice system does work and did work. If I recall the "injuries" to Darlie were proven in court to be self inflicted. Often people "hurt" themselves to portray themselves as the victim, when in actuality they are the criminal. This is just a "way" to deflect blame and responsibility for their actions.

Again, I do not ever, see Darlie getting off death row. Because for some reason is she did and was released, she would immediately be arrested for the death of the second son.

Darlie never thought that 'her story" would never be not believed because she was injured, but I guess the fact that she was injured and the two sleeping innocent boys were stabbed to death, must have "persuaded" LE and courts to hold her accountable for her crime.

But one thing I do have to say about Darlie, she is not a very smart women , nor a convincing liar. But she can easily manipulate and "have other be her "evil doer by proxy.

Wait until the DNA test, nothing will change and of course it will be: Well the tests are wrong, the lab messed up, they are "biased" against Darlie, the wrong test were done, the person doing the test was not qualified. But in the end, the results will speak for themselves.

Remember the Vaughan family, now if his story was believed, he would be at home in his comfy bed. But his story was dispelled by the evidence. Even though he stuck to his story, blamed his wife and was injured.

My what lengths people will go to to not spend the rest of their lives in prison and be held responsible for their decisions and choices.

Again, where is the evidence of the "frame up and railroad" of Darlie. Have yet to see one credible piece of evidence that proves that the stranger and not Darlie killed her kids.

Yes, they will prosecute her for the second murder . She's not getting out of prison ever .

Great Post!

I don't know where you are but Darlie was tried (fairly) and convicted of killing her children. Those poor, defenseless and beautiful boys! She is a pathological liar. She has told too many stories and they still keep changing!

She is right where she belongs and will stay until finally punished for her dispicable crimes! :mad:

Diane Downs after 30 yrs still claims her innocence . She's another Monster that changed her story a zillion times . Go figure...........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back