Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Flores the only one we've heard 'dildo with a heartbeat' from? Has JM ever read that part?

Because that was telling to me. HE'S the one who felt used.

I saw it in one of the texts she was reading in court. It was under the machine. Of course KN didn't have her read that part. No way he wanted to put it all into context. Bet Juan will though.

Edited to say I believe that's where I saw that. I don't remember the rest of the text so that's possible.

I looked at the camera delaying him question as...he wasn't really chasing her like she thought, he was checking his camera. She retrieved the gun and shot him in the bathroom and then cut him up without provocation. But then hey...I'm not in that juror's head. lol

That's how I interpreted it too.

BBM

I hope he can do that with some legal documentation---for example, like paperwork from Walmart showing there was no gas can return--etc.

I am starting to feel a little worried now, after a day of reflection. I was very happy at first, upon hearing the jurors questions. It was obvious they weren't buying her BS.

HOWEVER, I am worried that after she had that time to think about the questions and work out her NEW lies, that some of the jurors might feel like she successfully answered their concerns.

And a couple of those questions show that at least one juror is one her side. The 'camera delayed him' question worries me big time.

Nope. I'm not worried at all.
I don't think she'll be able to explain the 19.65 dollars amount away.It was a gas purchase.
I also don't believe she'll be able to convince them she did return the extra gas can.
I think JM is very prepared, very smart.
And I also think he knows this jury. Based on the type of questions they've asked her (what is your prescription in each eye? you've been lying the whole time, why should we believe you now?), I think he knows that they're a sceptical bunch. And he also knows if he can show them she's been lying under oath, he can get them disregard a lot of what she's been claiming.

I think he's has more up his sleeves.
IMO.

I believe she said she got gas in Desert City and Buckeye ... Buckeye is near Phoenix, but I have no clue as to where Desert City might be, unless it's another name for Palm Desert ?

I found it. It was Desert Center, which is in California, and Buckeye which is near Phoenix/Mesa. There's no way this works out for her - she could not have used that much gas, but I'll put this info in a format that lays it all out.

Thanks so much for posting that!!

But still no mention of a rental car or strange car in the driveway... Just makes me think she didn't have that car anywhere near that house IMO... I'm sure JM Will follow up on this or he's got so much it's a mute point... Just curious as with everything else!!

I checked it and no mention of it! His house is such there are a couple side streets she could park, and anywhere around the neighborhood park!

His house marked with a Yellow X...

house.jpg

I don't really understand sociopathy or psychopathy. To be honest, I just think some people are pure evil.

It was either self defense or temporary insanity/passion killing. No doubt she'd never go for anything having to with diminished mental capacity as you saw from her reaction to the juror questions relating to getting help for her 'memory' or 'mental health issues'!

The look on her face there was bordering on a smart Alec remark but she caught herself. Looked peeved about I thought

When you read her letter to the state asking for plea deal of 2nd degree you see she is literally trying to threaten to drag TA and his family, friends through the mud if they don't comply. Really reads like a threat. So she'd been thinking about this for some time.

I think it's going to come back & bite her because it appears she attempted witness tampering and evidence tampering using MM. With the coded magazine messages and the forged pedo 'confessions' supposedly written by Travis.

This was only given up because her own document examiner said they weren't written by him plus they were copies. No originals. Thinking MM had something to do with getting them to her in jail somehow.

JM has lots more to present in this case and this could be part of that!

Yes and didn't her defense team at the time withdraw? They could have been in a lot of trouble over those letters. We talked about that here with AZ lawyer, I think, but I'd never find it if I tried.
There was a big hearing on it is all I know.

Her last entry is May 10th and it starts with "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."

That's all she ever talks about...sex, sex, sex...LOL.

BBM

I hope he can do that with some legal documentation---for example, like paperwork from Walmart showing there was no gas can return--etc.

I am starting to feel a little worried now, after a day of reflection. I was very happy at first, upon hearing the jurors questions. It was obvious they weren't buying her BS.

HOWEVER, I am worried that after she had that time to think about the questions and work out her NEW lies, that some of the jurors might feel like she successfully answered their concerns.

And a couple of those questions show that at least one juror is one her side. The 'camera delayed him' question worries me big time.

No. I believe that the questions from the jury show how they don't buy it at all. They are asking questions that make her come up with a plausible answer and they are not getting them. Just more of the same. JM really made a slam dunk on Thursday with the 3rd gas can. I can bet you he has everything including the fact that they were closed and so all she could have bought was gas that day.

I believe that he has Brian in his pocket too.

He does not say anything he can not prove.

He has more planned for rebuttal. I promise that.

I understand how the 3rd gas can proves premeditation and is very, very bad for Jodi.

What I do not understand is why she filled 3 gas cans in UTAH, after she had already committed the murder and left Arizona. Was it really just to save a few pennies?! How utterly stupid and self-defeating!

Not only that, but she subsequently got gas at a SHELL station. Shell and Chevron prices are almost always at LEAST 10 and sometimes 20 cents higher per gallon than, say, Arco. I only use them as a last resort. Lots of people (like my mom) say they use them because they have credit cards for them, but that's not really so much of an issue these days. You can use a CC or debit card at pretty much ANY gas station right at the pumps.

Why is he naked on his bed with her there? That's the one reason I can't buy there was no sex that day. I just don't care one way or the other.

There is absolutely no evidence that they had sex. The photos of him on the bed look like he'd just woke up and was surprised by her and the photos of her could have been taken with a timer. There is not one photo of them together. I believe that every one of these photos were taken to make it look like they had sex that day and then, for whatever reason, she panicked and decided to delete them.

information from testimony, phone records and court documents for a picture of Arias' actions in the days before and after Alexander's death.

June 2, 2008:

Yreka, California

Phone records show several calls between Arias and Alexander in the early morning hours:

Arias called Alexander four times between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

These calls were all very short, the longest 17 seconds.

Alexander called Arias twice during the 3 a.m. hour:

The first call was just under 18 minutes, the second about 41 minutes.
Arias called Travis at 4:03 a.m. The call lasted 2 minutes, 48 seconds.
At 5:39 a.m. Arias bought $15 worth of gas at Shell Food Mart in Siskiyou, California.

Redding, California

At 8:04 a.m., Arias rented a car at Budget Rent A Car. The rental agent testified Arias had blonde hair at the time. She refused the first car he offered her because it was red. Instead, she rented a white Ford Focus. She allegedly wanted a car that wouldn't stand out. She also told the rental agent she would be using the car locally. According to the rental agreement, the car was supposed to be returned on Friday, June 6, around 8 a.m.

June 3, 2008:

Monterey, California

Arias made three deposits to different accounts at a Washington Mutual branch:

10:10 a.m. $400 to account # ending 8006
10:11 a.m. $300 to account # ending 7148
10:15 a.m. $100 to account # ending 7148
Arias called Alexander twice:

A 17-second call at 12:57 p.m.
A 2-minute, 50-second call at 1:51 p.m.
Arias' ex-boyfriend, Darryl Brewer, testified Arias stopped by his house in Monterey, California, on June 3, 2008. Brewer said he gave Arias two gas cans, because she needed them for a long road trip. In Session's legal experts say this could be evidence of premeditation, because Arias may have been trying to cover her tracks, using the gas cans so she would not have to buy gas in Mesa, where Alexander lived.

Salinas, California

At 3:22 p.m., Arias goes shopping at a Wal-Mart and buys two facial cleansers and three unidentified items. The sale total was $43.90 and she paid cash.

Pasadena, California

At 8:16 p.m., Arias calls Alexander. The call lasted 2 minutes, 9 seconds.

At 8:31 p.m., Arias goes to a CVS pharmacy. It is not clear what she bought.

At 8:34 p.m., Arias calls Alexander again and the call lasts 49 seconds

Between 8:42 and 8:46 p.m., Arias makes two gas purchases at Arco. The first is for $34.61, and the second is a pre-paid purchase for $40.

Ryan Burns testified Arias called him around 9 or 10 p.m. on June 3, 2008. She told him she was on her way to Utah.

I have a question...Do psychopaths "know" they are psychopaths? Thanks :)

I'll go one further... did they recognize they are not normal?

WagaraTapaTalk

better shot of his house with the X in the driveway and that Park. Also, little blue footprints, that is Jodi going to the window I think she peeked in. Unless its the opposite one, but she has to be careful going by the front window! And you can park on the street.

house1.jpg

trying not to blow margins!

BBM

IMO not the way she kept saying he just kept coming. And coming. And coming after me!!

He'd have to be in slow- mo not to catch her while she's doing this rolling and getting up and getting the gun....... Makes no sense even if he did p/u the camera.

Yes and didn't her defense team at the time withdraw? They could have been in a lot of trouble over those letters. We talked about that here with AZ lawyer, I think, but I'd never find it if I tried.
There was a big hearing on it is all I know.

I think her initial defense team withdrew after the forged pedo letters. Then Nurmi was assigned the case. He tried to withdraw to focus on private practice but the judge wouldn't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member