"It's a lady"?

I think they are protecting JAR, albeit they may hate him. They are the type who'd hate to send a son/stepson to the death penalty. JMO.

I do understand what you are saying about the dictionary, Toth. But please remember you and I are not desperate. This may be a subject that you and I have never faced so it it hard for us to understand how Patsy may have approched the subject with her children to make them understand that what they were doing was wrong.Using the dictionary to show them is not a bad idea in my book. I think she looked at it , thought maybe if I show it to them in black and white they will understand, so she just turned the corner a little so she could get to it quick to show the kids and have a discussion. My gut instinct tells me that this case is all about 2 kids playing doctor and it got totally out of hand. If you put all the pieces together like the dictionary, a book that was supposely given to Patsy by her father" Why Johnny can't tell right from wrong", calls to the childrens Pediatrician, JBRs trips to the school nurse. To me all of these incidents may be tied into what may have going on just prior to JBRs death.

Originally posted by ajt400
Okay, let's put it this way....
If this happened to you, would you look in the dictionary to see whther or not your child could be put on trial for incest?
Well, first you have to find out if it IS incest. This has been discussed before. The majority of people know the defination of "incest" is sexual relations between a parent and child. Most people wouldn't be so sure the defination extends to sexual relations between siblings.
So John and Patsy weren't sure, and they looked it up.

Originally posted by Toth
A little common sense about this dictionary: Steve Thomas saw it.
That's right Toth, Steve Thomas saw it, and documented it. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to doubt Thomas' account. It adds nothing to his theory--no reason for him to make it up. And notice how your buddies Smit and Wood don't even go there--even during depositions.
I suggest you change your line, Toth. Start telling everyone the intruder dog-eared the page to make it look like the parents were involved. (The same way that nasty intruder looked through all those personal papers until he found John's bonus amount to make someone at Access Graphics look involved.)

They are the type who'd hate to send a son/stepson to the death penalty.
They are the type who'd hate to send a spouse to the death penalty too. They are also the type who wouldn't hesitate to do either. Having intense regret and disappointment in someone does not prevent or delay you from doing the right thing.

Having intense regret and disappointment in someone does not prevent or delay you from doing the right thing.

Maybe not you, or maybe not me, or maybe not some people...but a LOT of people will do anything to stay in denial, especially if it involves their kids.

I agree, Nehemiah. Further, I think some people will delay or be prevented, by their desire to keep their social status and what they consider a normal life.

Sorry, this is late, Maxi, but:

"Can't help lovin' that man of mine"

Was written by Oscar Hammerstein II, a Jewish New Yorker and the grandson of immigrants from Europe. True, he was creating language patterns that sounded "Southern" (and African-American) to his ear, but I don't think anybody claims he was an expert on the South.

Oh, I know, but that man sure did try to use Southern phrases. :) Maybe I should have used "I'm gonna was that man right out of my hair." That's SOUTH Pacific.

I don't really know if "that man" or "that child" is a Southernism. As I said, my Scottish grandfather used "that man" as a term of great affection. I just don't see it as distancing on Patsy's part.

I don't really know if 'that man' or 'that child' is a Southernism.
It is common in the South but no where near as common as such things as y'all or 'come back soon, ya hear'. However, I don't think it is significant in any way.

No one in my family is a Southerner, and we often use "that" as a term of endearment in the same way your grandfather did, maxi. Just today I said to my bichon, Fritty, as I gave my husband (her "daddy") a wink, "Where is that daddy, Fritty? Did he forget to take his little girl for her walk?" Later, as they were leaving on their walk, I said to him, "Now, take good care of that little girly-boo." Our whole family uses "that" in this affectionate way, so I've never thought of Patsy's referring to JonBenet as "that child" as an attempt to distance herself from her.

Maxi! I love it... "Your loving mother, Catherine Barron"

I am writing a genealogy book and working on a page right now where an 1800s ancestor Parthena talks about her first husband, Ham.

A teenage girl borne of Ham's second marriage looked up and realized first wife was staring at her..

"Honey, I Just love you," said Parthena.

"You are Ham's child. And I loved that man so much."

-----

contrast that with "and I loved him so much"

not as strong, eh?

Originally posted by sissi
Hmmm..it's interesting that LHP was quick to mention this activity,when no one ,other than LHP has brought it up.
Interesting in that it was her daughter who played upstairs in the bedroom ,alone with Jonbenet, most of that afternoon,of the 23rd.,while she cleaned for the party.

Hate me for this,but is it not interesting that Patsy helped "spruce" Arriana "up" for the party,giving her clothes,shoes,etc. to wear,and I "BETCHA" she was given
clean underwear to wear after a bath. She wouldn't be wearing size six,Jonbenet may have opened the larger package for her or she may have helped herself to a few pairs. Are any missing other than the "wednesday " ones.
Now,would arianna write a ransom note,ridiculous! However,do we know if arianna was ever molested,and do we know if she could have confided in her molester an incident with Jonbenet,telling him that she was doomed, and in serious trouble if Jonbenet tells. Can we say in that clan of young adults there is not one capable of writing that note? It seems that is how they got their "pass"!
They had pads of paper and sharpies from the Ramsey home,they knew the room,they knew Patsy used the steps as a pickup for items left for her by LHP,and for pete's sakes,they had a KEY! Most of all ,they had a reason for stopping by.....to pick up a check..if caught before the murder,it would be an easy and simple explanation!
JMO IMO......just for today

Originally posted by Imon128
I think they are protecting JAR, albeit they may hate him. They are the type who'd hate to send a son/stepson to the death penalty. JMO.

Protecting JAR...what if it's not the core reason/cause for the R's actions?...!?@#@! ... I'm afraid to think otherwise...!!!:eek: :( :mad: :confused: :dontknow:

Originally posted by Blazeboy3
Protecting JAR...what if it's not the core reason/cause for the R's actions?...!?@#@! ... I'm afraid to think otherwise...!!!:eek: :( :mad: :confused: :dontknow:

Hi Blaze...it sure would be nice to have an answer to all these things, wouldn't it? I'd really like to see justice for JB, and automatically, I think it would help some little kids on earth today who could get in a similar position.

Maxi,

I've certainly heard constructions like Patsy's in the South, but I have no idea whether using "that [noun]" instead of a name is more prevalent in the South.

Even if it is a common, West Virginian expression, however, it's not the only way PR could refer to her deceased daughter. Whether the usage is "distancing" is a matter for linguists and psychoanalysts, I suppose.

I'm reluctant to draw broad conclusions from PR's speech because we have a record of just a few utterances. I don't think we know how PR "usually" refers to JBR.

Originally posted by Imon128
Hi Blaze...it sure would be nice to have an answer to all these things, wouldn't it? I'd really like to see justice for JB, and automatically, I think it would help some little kids on earth today who could get in a similar position.

Hi Imon128...nice to see your post--THANK YOU!!! ... I hope/ pray for justice for JonBenet and YES, it would help kids on earth today who would be caught in a similar position (especially those children affected by JonBenet's death in BOULDER--who to-date most-likely have buried in their subconscious this "ordeal" ... ya know? ... IMHO ... this is "Life/ Lessons Learned ..." IMHO... Happy Holidays to you/yours from Omaha!:) :) :)

WHAT HAVE THE R's DONE TO "OTHER KIDS/FUTURE-WISE?"... ONLY TIME WILL TELL...???:rolleyes:
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/1221jon1.html
"Most people come and see, and I end up with their kids competing in the next one.''

Griego's 10-year-old daughter, Breanne, passed her Little Miss Colorado title along to JonBenet in May 1996, and she still happily competes. But JonBenet's death has shaken her.

"It scared my daughter very much,'' LaDonna Griego said. "Now she's sleeping in our bedroom. She still looks over her shoulder.''

The constant criticism of pageantry has wounded Breanne, mostly because it is something she loves.

"Having people trash it really bothers her,'' LaDonna Griego said. "My daughter has been known to go to the grocery store and hide all the Globes on the back shelf.''

Kristine Griffin, JonBenet's 19-year-old modeling coach, sometime-babysitter and dear friend, still suffers from the loss of her protege.

Why on earth do you believe such a thing?
If Steve Thomas was looking a phot and suddenly "noticed" the dictionary being open to a certain page and its being 'dog eared' don't you think he would have to have an extremely large magnifying glass? How would such an item be visible unless it were a close up of the dictionary. IF it were a close up of the dictionary, then someone would have noticed it then and it would have been logged into evidence then.

What on earth would anyone gain by looking at a dictionary?
Spelling? Precise definition? I want all of you to suddenly drop what you are doing, go grab a dictionary, look up the word 'incest' and then reflect for a moment: what possible benefit was that? What did you just learn that you did not already know?
Just what nuance was in the dictionary that was unknown to you already? Just what could you have reasonably expected to find in any dictionary definition of the word that you did not already know? Now go back to the dictionary and repeatedly look up the word until it becomes dog eared? What more did you gain that you didn't gain the first time?

A little common sense about this dictionary: Steve Thomas saw it. Steve Thomas seems to "see" and "hear" alot in this case that bears little semblance to the truth.

did what you asked; my findings are:

Main Entry: in·cest
Pronunciation: 'in-"sest
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin incestus sexual impurity, from incestus impure, from in- + castus pure —more at CASTE
Date: 13th century
: sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marry; also : the statutory crime of such a relationship
Main Entry: caste
Pronunciation: 'kast also 'käst
Etymology: Portuguese casta, literally, race, lineage, from feminine of casto pure, chaste, from Latin castus
Date: 1613
1 : one of the hereditary social classes in Hinduism that restrict the occupation of their members and their association with the members of other castes
2 a : a division of society based on differences of wealth, inherited rank or privilege, profession, or occupation b : the position conferred by caste standing : PRESTIGE
3 : a system of rigid social stratification characterized by hereditary status, endogamy, and social barriers sanctioned by custom, law, or religion
4 : a specialized form (as the worker of an ant or bee) of a polymorphic social insect that carries out a particular function in the colony
- caste·ism /'kas-"ti-z&m/ noun
Main Entry: pres·tige
Pronunciation: pre-'stEzh, -'stEj
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French, from Middle French, conjuror's trick, illusion, from Latin praestigiae, plural, conjuror's tricks, from praestringere to graze, blunt, constrict, from prae- + stringere to bind tight —more at STRAIN
Date: 1829
1 : standing or estimation in the eyes of people : weight or credit in general opinion
2 : commanding position in people's minds
synonym see INFLUENCE
- pres·tige·ful /-f&l/ adjective
Main Entry: pres·tige
Pronunciation: pre-'stEzh, -'stEj
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French, from Middle French, conjuror's trick, illusion, from Latin praestigiae, plural, conjuror's tricks, from praestringere to graze, blunt, constrict, from prae- + stringere to bind tight —more at STRAIN
Date: 1829
1 : standing or estimation in the eyes of people : weight or credit in general opinion
2 : commanding position in people's minds
synonym see INFLUENCE
- pres·tige·ful /-f&l/ adjective

by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

IT NEVER ENDS...I COULD GO ON & ON!:dontknow: :confused:

Originally posted by eliza
My feelings are that the Ramseys, both John and Patsy, every chance they get like to make little remarks like that to steer the investigation in any direction they can as long as it stays clear of Burke. When it comes to Burke,Patsy has said it loud and clear {You don't want to go there}

Ya Know, I would have said worse than Patsy did.
Someone throwing blame on my Son.
Just my thought...
Socks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member