James Kolar's AMA

FWIW, weren't Stewart, Melinda and John Andrew residents of Atlanta or near there? If so, Atlanta is in the Eastern Time Zone thus two hours ahead of time in Boulder.

I think too much is being made of that. Either John just messed up when he said it or Melinda made a time conversion in her head when he said it. John has told some whoppers over the years, I dont think this is one of them.

I think Mr Ramsey is simply confused about time.

In the 2000 interview we learn that Mr Ramsey remembered the time given in the ransom note as being between 10 and 12. It was really between 8 and 10. It’s apparent that Ramsey, at times, was using this time frame – 10 – 12 – as a reference in determining at what time certain events occurred.

But, in his ’97 interview he must have remembered that the time frame was between 8 and 10 because he says, “We waited until past 11... ...and Linda said why don’t you take someone and look through the ....”

Of course, he doesn’t say how far past 11, and that’s a problem because we’re left to wonder.

Mr Ramsey has not been the greatest witness and at times has been his own worst enemy. This makes me wonder about the exact phrasing and context used when speaking to Stewart Long, and how much of what SL told Thomas was interpretation.

AK

In the 2000 interview we learn that Mr Ramsey remembered the time given in the ransom note as being between 10 and 12. It was really between 8 and 10. It’s apparent that Ramsey, at times, was using this time frame – 10 – 12 – as a reference in determining at what time certain events occurred.

But, in his ’97 interview he must have remembered that the time frame was between 8 and 10 because he says, “We waited until past 11... ...and Linda said why don’t you take someone and look through the ....”

Of course, he doesn’t say how far past 11, and that’s a problem because we’re left to wonder.

Mr Ramsey has not been the greatest witness and at times has been his own worst enemy. This makes me wonder about the exact phrasing and context used when speaking to Stewart Long, and how much of what SL told Thomas was interpretation.

AK

Maybe "Mr Ramsey" didn't remember the ransom call times is because there was no real significance to him, because he knew it was all BS. If it were my daughter I'd be counting every second between 8:00 and 10:00, and those hours would be etched in my mind for eternity.

By the way Andrew, if memory serves, I believe it was MR's fiance SL who admitted to police what JR had told him about finding the body at 11:00. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I felt we should clarify.

FWIW, The way I file things in my head, I consider his "11 o'clock" comment to be a similar misspeak as the one JR made on CNN/LKL March 27,2000:
from transcript - JR:"...There were a lot of people there at 3:00 in the morning."
link to CNN transcript is still available here: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0003/27/lkl.00.html

If anyone has ST's book handy, let's look near page 138 is where he is said to have written about his conversation with SL. (if we can find a quote to clarify, that would be good.) Because as I recall, the detective was recording SL's statements via phone during that conversation. Anyone else recall ST describing that?

ETA - found the quote on my Kindle version
page 138/154 or location 2548/6813
about his interview with SL, ST writes: "I almost dropped the telephone as I reached to make sure the 'record' button was pressed on my tape recorder."

AK

Anti-K,
BBM: Absolutely JR is confused about time, maybe you reckon JR's utterances to be alike biblical sayings, thus requiring interpretation, maybe he is playing games with the narrative, so to suit his own agenda?

Possibly JR is furnishing you with your first example of a JonBenet counterfactual?

FWIW, weren't Stewart, Melinda and John Andrew residents of Atlanta or near there? If so, Atlanta is in the Eastern Time Zone thus two hours ahead of time in Boulder.

They were in Duluth, MN when they were informed about JonBenet being missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back