Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr - Plea Agreement Hearing - March 2, 2016

His defense attorney also stated that he did it to avoid the death penalty, so I take any other motivations with a grain of salt ...

When asked what he thought of JM on a personal level, defense attorney said he wasn't a mental health professional and his opinion is irrelevant.

Just saw this on CBS and I'm relieved that both Morgan and Hannah's families don't have to go through a trial.

[video=twitter;705117866048106496]https://twitter.com/amandawdbj7/status/705117866048106496[/video]

This is infuriating

I'm relieved that the families are spared a trial but I really wanted him to allocute. I wanted to know if the scent dogs were right about the mulch pile and how he lured her away.

I wanted him to confess to other murders and attacks, which I am certain he has committed, and to help those families to know that he is put away forever and in some cases to help the families to find and lay to rest their missing loved ones.

Perhaps we will see the statement of facts. His defense attorney said they agreed to them, albeit with the caveat that it is what the prosecution would have presented at trial without the defense's case. He said it was public information. They stipulated to it so it wouldn't be read aloud in court.

I caught the details earlier but only just got on here now. Thoughts with the Grahams and Harringtons.

Now chuck that vile waste of space in a dungeon and misplace the key.

We were there if anyone has questions, but the PC pretty much wrapped it up. Hoosgirl, my thought on that is in case of escape.

We were there if anyone has questions, but the PC pretty much wrapped it up. Hoosgirl, my thought on that is in case of escape.
Ksj3, did you notice any emotion on JM's part? During the victim impact statements??

Ksj3, did you notice any emotion on JM's part? During the victim impact statements??

None. The one reporter stated that he looked down when words like "wicked" were spoken about him. I disagree. The only time his face/head moved was when he looked up as they stood to leave the stand. He didn't flinch.

I wanted him to confess to other murders and attacks, which I am certain he has committed, and to help those families to know that he is put away forever and in some cases to help the families to find and lay to rest their missing loved ones.

Me too Just K. He may have decided to plead guilty for that reason. Surely his lawyers would have known if he was being investigated in other murders, like Cassandra Morton. IMHO JM is a serial killer.

I'm just glad that he will be caged like the animal he is and rot until the day he dies. Without the Fairfax victim speaking out at trial, without Morgan & without Hannah speaking to us from beyond with the DNA evidence, this predator would still be hunting the streets in VA and lord only knows where else.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Graham and the Harrington families today. And that includes the Matthew and Carr families as well, because that's what I think the brave and merciful Gil would do.

I do have a hypothetical question for locals. If Cassandra Morton's (or any of the other missing young women from the area) body is located and there is DNA found that matches JM, will he face another trial? TIA

Statement of Facts... he would have gotten the DP imo

That's the one for Morgan. There's another for Hannah.

One thing I found interesting was the judge asking him if he understood that now they can ask him questions and he can't incriminate himself. Don't know if there might be further discussions with him. Hope so.

That's the one for Morgan. There's another for Hannah.

One thing I found interesting was the judge asking him if he understood that now they can ask him questions and he can't incriminate himself. Don't know if there might be further discussions with him. Hope so.

I haven't seen the one for Hannah yet. Since he's never getting out of jail anyway, I do wish he would talk. It would be nice for others to have closure - but I don't look for it.

Is it just me, or does the fact that a hair from Popcorn transferred to Morgan's shirt, seem kind of like karma at its best...

Is it just me, or does the fact that a hair from Popcorn transferred to Morgan's shirt, seem kind of like karma at its best...

I thought so too razzledazzle. Poor Popcorn deserved a better human but I am glad he helped solve Morgan's case. I hope he is in a great home nowadays if he hasn't already crossed the rainbow bridge. No doubt JM would have been convicted in Morgan's murder. I was surprised there was so much evidence against JM.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back