Jimmy Ray Rodgers Sentenced to LIFE IN PRISON

Curious, what makes you think that?
I agree about the getting killed in prison part. He brutally killed a woman AND snitched. I imagine there being repercussions for that sort of thing in there. But if he’s spared somehow, he’s “only” got about another 20 years left. He’d be young enough to come out. Possibly in time for MS’s execution ...
JMO, but he has health issues and prison is a whole different world than our world. Survival skills that are needed to survive a prison is tough and CWW will have problems.

What is a PRR that the Judge mentioned several times while sentencing?
Under Florida law, the prison releasee reoffender (PRR) statute requires the court to determine if while servicing a sentence of imprisonment for more than one year, or on escape status, or within three years of release from a facility operated by the Department of Corrections or a private vendor or another state or territory, the Defendant committed, or attempted to commit one of the following felony offenses:
Prison Releasee Reoffender (PRR) under Florida Law
criminaldefenseattorneytampa.com/statutory-penalties/prison-releasee-reoffender/

Curious, what makes you think that?
I agree about the getting killed in prison part. He brutally killed a woman AND snitched. I imagine there being repercussions for that sort of thing in there. But if he’s spared somehow, he’s “only” got about another 20 years left. He’d be young enough to come out. Possibly in time for MS’s execution ...

CWW has been in isolation, so with his 25 year sentence and time served already, plus good behavior reductions, I’d guess he will be out in 15. Making him about 66. I think he will make it till then easily.

JRR's brother did his best and should not blame himself for Jimmy getting a Life Sentence. At the time of the crime, Jimmy had a good job and love from a serious girlfriend and her children. He had already served time in prison, and yet he made his own decision to commit a horrific crime.

Remorse? Why did he boast he was Jimmy the Hammer?

Jake Allen
@Jake_Allen19

·
31s

Jimmy Rodgers' mother died of suicide in either 1999 or 2000. Jimmy would have been eight or nine at the time, Jackie Lee Rodgers Jr. said.

Show this thread

Jake Allen
@Jake_Allen19

·
1m

Jackie Lee Rodgers Jr. is telling a story about his parents fighting during his childhood.

Show this thread

Jake Allen
@Jake_Allen19

·
2m

Jimmy Rodgers father encouraged Jimmy to kill himself and would tell him he was a "piece of ****" at 5, 6 and 7 years old, Jackie Lee Rodgers Jr. said.
Sitting on my hands right now...UGH
I was told if I can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all, so I will not say what I want to say.

JMO, but he has health issues and prison is a whole different world than our world. Survival skills that are needed to survive a prison is tough and CWW will have problems.
I think, given all we know about his background (Bolin and potentially others, theft, meth production, prior stints in prison), that he has plenty of survival skills. But he will be in his 70s before he is released, so I'm hoping bad health will do him in before then.

Defense Attorney Messore for MS is being interviewed on Court TV. He's the Death-Qualified Attorney and has done six DP trials in Florida. He explains it's common for one lawyer to handle the guilt phase and one lawyer for the sentencing phase.

She's asking him about the sex swinger thing between MS and CWW. He's not at liberty to answer about that strategic portion.

He was a former journalist so he understands the questioning by CTV.

JRR's brother did his best and should not blame himself for Jimmy getting a Life Sentence. At the time of the crime, Jimmy had a good job and love from a serious girlfriend and her children. He had already served time in prison, and yet he made his own decision to commit a horrific crime.

Remorse? Why did he boast he was Jimmy the Hammer?
I think, sadly, that after being told his whole life that he was worthless and with an early felony, that he embraced his identity as a tough guy and thu*.

I wonder how his life would have gone had he not gotten the felony and been able to get into the military.

Defense Attorney Messore for MS is being interviewed on Court TV. He's the Death-Qualified Attorney and has done six DP trials in Florida. He explains it's common for one lawyer to handle the guilt phase and one lawyer for the sentencing phase.

She's asking him about the sex swinger thing between MS and CWW. He's not at liberty to answer about that strategic portion.

He was a former journalist so he understands the questioning by CTV.

Really, the only information he is giving is the Spencer hearing may be moved up a few days.

ETA- Oh and the verdict and recommendation is difficult for Mark.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back