JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link I have about the incidents:

http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-journalist-sheds-light-jesse-matthew

the attempted grand larceny and assault are from one incident and the trespassing is from another.

I'm not sure if that was what you were asking though but I hope this helps.

Something else I find interesting in this article is that it points out that Matthew was driving a minvan taxi at that time. I wonder if he was working in that minvan taxi some 4 months later on 10/17/09, or had access to it? The night Morgan Harrington went missing.

I'm not sure if anyone here has mentioned this, but I read somewhere that Matthew grew up near Anchorage Farms outside Charlottesville. We all know that is where Morgan's body was found. I read that Matthew attended Red Hill Elementary as a youth. That school is no more than a mile or two (as the crow flies) from where Morgan's body was found. Would be interested to know where LJ lived at that time.

If anyone has this information it would be highly pertinent.... anyone?

I have been chomping at the bit to dissect his possible involvement in the MH case. As soon as he was identified as a POI in Hannah's case, I immediately thought of Morgan & "Sketch." My gut told me this guy is bad news, baaaaad news, & I really have the feeling he's a serial predator. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Now, it seems that on a daily basis, more info comes out to support this view.
I am so convinced that he's responsible for MH's murder that I will eat my keyboard if he's not. JMO MOO
Not a particularly helpful post, I guess, but thanks for letting me vent. It's driving me crazy to wait, wait, wait for more info to be released to the public. I want Hannah to be found & justice to be meted out so badly. And, I desperately wish for justice for MH's family. They have been waiting for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone has this information it would be highly pertinent.... anyone?

I remember reading this info in one of the general threads. Someone found his previous address & wrote that it was 8 miles from where MH's body was found on AF.

I remember reading this info in one of the general threads. Someone found his previous address & wrote that it was 8 miles from where MH's body was found on AF.

I believe the address was 24xx ponderosa trail

I have been chomping at the bit to dissect his possible involvement in the MH case. As soon as he was identified as a POI in Hannah's case, I immediately thought of Morgan & "Sketch." My gut told me this guy is bad news, baaaaad news, & I really have the feeling he's a serial predator. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Now, it seems that on a daily basis, more info comes out to support this view.
I am so convinced that he's responsible for MH's murder that I will eat my keyboard if he's not. JMO MOO
Not a particularly helpful post, I guess, but thanks for letting me vent. It's driving me crazy to wait, wait, wait for more info to be released to the public. I want Hannah to be found & justice to be meted out so badly. And, I desperately wish for justice for MH's family. They have been waiting for so long.

I feel much the same as you. The cases are much too similar to,ignore the possibility. I would hate to think cases with similar characteristics would not be investigated to walt for the DNA to come up a match months later as often happens with serial perps. Fortunately a POI was identified quickly in this case, but not in the 2005 rape case, so a perp was out there perhaps violating others including MH. We know that for a fact. A two time rapist and one time murderer is unlikely to stop. And perhaps he didn't and poor Hannah met up with him September 12th. Hopefully we will know soon. If he's not connected to those cases, he is still likely a repeat offender if the alleged vic in the 2002 Liberty case is to be believed. Maybe I just watch too much L&O SVU. Goodnight fellow sleuthers, I wont be annoying you any more tonight!

I believe the address was 24xx ponderosa trail

Man oh man. I was early on wanting to go easy on speculating about any MH connections, but pulling up this address on Google maps just gave me chills. I just keep remembering the whole "Biscuit Run" thing being the main focus around Anchorage Farm. And boom- right when I zoom in there is Biscuit Run. Aargh.

Does anyone have information on what car Jesse owned in 2009 when Morgan Harrington was abducted?

Mirv22, thank you! Is it just my imagination or does JM not resemble MH's killer's sketch in the picture of him beside the taxi?

If we could just figure out where he was in 2005 -- what his connections to the Fairfax area were (are). As I previously mentioned, George Mason Univ. is less than 15 min (5 miles) away from Jermantown Road in Fairfax. Was this his m.o. -- to be near college campuses to prowl for young women?

I'm sure it's also been mentioned here how perfect a ruse it would have been for him to possibly lure MH into a taxi cab --

Of course my belief that JM could be connected to MH and others could be quickly squashed if we were privy to DNA results.

Here's something that is nagging at the back of my mind. JM's assault incident was in Summer '09 (JUN?) and he was charged. MH disappears Oct 17, '09. MH remains were found in Jan, '10 at Anchorage Farms. JW's atty asks the victim (who is a lawyer) in '10 if the assault chgs can be dropped. The victim agrees to drop chgs as long as his medical bills were paid. Now my question is.....When was it publicized that DNA evidence from MH's killer matched the 2005 rape victim in Fairfax vs. the date the assault chgs were dropped? If assault chgs were dropped after the DNA info was made public then this may indicate that JW was nervous about a conviction and his DNA possibly being taken. This could be something worth adding to the timeline and may be nothing. I haven't had time for sleuthing the past few days so any help is appreciated. Hope this makes sense...just trying to connect the dots.TIA

Here's something that is nagging at the back of my mind. JM's assault incident was in Summer '09 (JUN?) and he was charged. MH disappears Oct 17, '09. MH remains were found in Jan, '10 at Anchorage Farms. JW's atty asks the victim (who is a lawyer) in '10 if the assault chgs can be dropped. The victim agrees to drop chgs as long as his medical bills were paid. Now my question is.....When was it publicized that DNA evidence from MH's killer matched the 2005 rape victim in Fairfax vs. the date the assault chgs were dropped? If assault chgs were dropped after the DNA info was made public then this may indicate that JW was nervous about a conviction and his DNA possibly being taken. This could be something worth adding to the timeline and may be nothing. I haven't had time for sleuthing the past few days so any help is appreciated. Hope this makes sense...just trying to connect the dots.TIA

looks like the case was finalized:

04/22/2010 01:00 PM Finalized

So I assume it was around this time. Good call.

BTW info was pulled from the record in the VA Judicial Case Search Site that won't let me link here.

If we could just figure out where he was in 2005 -- what his connections to the Fairfax area were (are). As I previously mentioned, George Mason Univ. is less than 15 min (5 miles) away from Jermantown Road in Fairfax. Was this his m.o. -- to be near college campuses to prowl for young women?

I'm sure it's also been mentioned here how perfect a ruse it would have been for him to possibly lure MH into a taxi cab --

The police have stated he has connections (see wanted poster) in the MD/DC area - that's Fairfax, or at least on the way to/from.

It's also a straight shot up Rt. 29.

IIRC it was June/July of 2010
I'll look for a link.

Thanks AVIXEN & Xara! Here's what I found so far....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington

In April 2010, law enforcement confirmed that a Pantera T-shirt that was found in November 2009 outside of an apartment building about a mile and a half from the arena, was indeed the shirt she had been wearing on that evening according to forensic tests.[3] Police believe the murder to be related to a similar abduction and sexual assault, and that the killer may be familiar with the area where Morgan's body was found.[4]

It doesn't give and exact date in April but interesting considering the date the assault case was finalized Apr. 22, 2010. Gotta get back to work but will check back in a little while!

For anyone that's not too familiar with the MH case, or if you just need a refresher....The Hook (a Charlottesville newspaper) covered the case quite extensively... Here is a link to all the articles, there are 3 pages, so start at page 3 if you want to go in order.
http://www.readthehook.com/category/tags/morgan-harrington

Thanks AVIXEN & Xara! Here's what I found so far....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington

In April 2010, law enforcement confirmed that a Pantera T-shirt that was found in November 2009 outside of an apartment building about a mile and a half from the arena, was indeed the shirt she had been wearing on that evening according to forensic tests.[3] Police believe the murder to be related to a similar abduction and sexual assault, and that the killer may be familiar with the area where Morgan's body was found.[4]

It doesn't give and exact date in April but interesting considering the date the assault case was finalized Apr. 22, 2010. Gotta get back to work but will check back in a little while!

Yes, it is strange but...

http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

Looks like the Pantera shirt was found in November 2009 and LE just didn't release this information until April 15th 2010...

However, that does remind me about that correlation we were discussing last night between JM's employment at Martha Jefferson House and it's proximity to where MH's Pantera shirt was found. I still would really like to know where we can find info about his hire dates at Martha Jefferson House to see if he was in any way employed there in late 2009...

Yes, it is strange but...

http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

Looks like the Pantera shirt was found in November 2009 and LE just didn't release this information until April 15th 2010...

However, that does remind me about that correlation we were discussing last night between JM's employment at Martha Jefferson House and it's proximity to where MH's Pantera shirt was found. I still would really like to know where we can find info about his hire dates at Martha Jefferson House to see if he was in any way employed there in late 2009...

I agree. The shirt has always bothered me. I still can't come up with a good reason for why it was "placed" there. I mean why not just throw it in a dumpster/ burn it?

I agree. The shirt has always bothered me. I still can't come up with a good reason for why it was "placed" there. I mean why not just throw it in a dumpster/ burn it?

I totally agree with you... As far as I can think of there are only 3 or 4 scenarios for the shirt placement:

1.) Placed there by the killer to throw police off in the search for MH.
2.) Placed there by the killer to taunt police/community.
3.) Placed there by someone how knows the killer but was too afraid to come forward to speak with LE for some reason.
4.) Found by someone who knew it was significant and wanted LE to have it but didn't want/was afraid to have LE look into them.

I love a good brainstorm and think it can be really productive so if y'all can think of more reasons for the Pantera shirt placement please add to the list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen