John Morgan to depose Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was stated on HSN with that fellow that talks in the afternoon. Mike something or other. IF she pleads the 5th, does she automatically lose the case?

http://www.wesh.com/news/18622764/detail.html

Morgan: I'll Tape, Release Anthony Depositions

Attorney Subpoenas Cindy, George, Lee Anthony

POSTED: 2:45 pm EST February 2, 2009
UPDATED: 6:48 pm EST February 3, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorney John Morgan said Tuesday he plans to videotape depositions with Casey Anthony’s family members and release them to the public.

The depositions would be part of a civil suit that Morgan filed for Zenaida Gonzalez, the woman whose name Anthony used when she reported her daughter, Caylee, missing last July.

Morgan earlier this week submitted written questions to Anthony, which her attorney says she will not answer. On Tuesday, Morgan said he wants to take depositions from her parents, Cindy and George Anthony, and her brother, Lee Anthony.

He would videotape them from a space in his office that looks like a real courtroom.

“We plan on inviting the press to hear these depositions as they take place,” said Morgan. He added that he wants “to bring the parents in to see what they knew…Then we have some surprise questions for them they may have trouble answering.”

That was my understanding as well. But then Baez withdrew the counter-suit and that is why she can plead the Fifth (I think, that is the Reason). My question is this, if the judge ordered her to answer the depo before the counter-suit was withdrawn I would think that Morgan can take this back to court and the judge may be able to enforce the motion for Casey to answer the depo. But, I am no legal expert, I am just assuming. Anyone know?

Bolded by me. Beaz withdrew the counter-claim? I missed that. Do you have a link? TIA!

According to a news report issued today, ZFG's attorney apparently stated on NG that all KC had to do to end this case was to verify that a picture of ZFG that he has already sent her is not the person she was referring to.

What?? :confused:

Hasn't KC already done this very thing when she was shown a picture of this ZFG by LE? And if that's all that's being asked in order to clear this ZFG's name, what's with all the totally irrelevant questions that KC has been presented with, and why the threat of a 'kangaroo court' deposition-taking session with GA/CA/LA?

What is going on?? :mad:

According to a news report issued today, ZFG's attorney apparently stated on NG that all KC had to do to end this case was to verify that a picture of ZFG that he has already sent her is not the person she was referring to.

Hasn't KC already done this very thing when she was shown a picture of this ZFG by LE? And if that's all that's being asked in order to clear this ZFG's name, what's with all the totally irrelevant questions that KC has been presented with, and why the threat of a 'kangaroo court' deposition-taking session with GA/CA/LA?

I thought she had been shown a picture also, Im confused

Yep, what's going on.....this almost sounds like a "surrender" to me.

ZFG's attorney knows damned well that KC can't answer one question without answering all the questions. You can't pick and choose which question you are going to take the 5th on, you have to take the 5th on ALL questions or surrender your right to take the 5th.

This is a nuisance suit and it reminds me of the Darnay Huffman circus in the Ramsey case - it did nothing but glue up the works.

KC told LE that the pic of ZG was NOT her Nanny. It's a different ZFG.

Morgan wants KC to admit this under oath. She has not done so yet.

KC told LE that the pic of ZG was NOT her Nanny. It's a different ZFG.

Morgan wants KC to admit this under oath. She has not done so yet.

"under oath"----"sworn statement"....is there a difference ??

Is the fact that LE questioned & 'cleared' not enough proof this ZG has nothing to do with the crime ??

LOL...I'm no lawyer, just asking questions

Snip from KC's 'sworn' statement.......http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_Casey-0411-071608.htm

17 Q Alright. Casey, I got called here by Sergeant Reggie Hosey with the Orange
18 County Sheriff's Office in reference to a missing child. We sat here and talked
19 for a short moment before we went on tape. Cause I wanted to make sure that
20 your sworn statement, which I'm looking at, was accurate. I'm looking at four
21 pages of a sworn statement on the bottom it appears to be your signature, it that

The A's are obviously trying to blow off Zenaida Gonzalez & her plight that was caused by Casey, I say bravo to John Morgan for not letting this be put on the back burner. I think he was trying to get their attention & it worked, LOL! His client deserves to have her name cleared, why are the A's so afraid of giving depositions about someone they have never met??? :waitasec:

ZFG's attorney knows damned well that KC can't answer one question without answering all the questions. You can't pick and choose which question you are going to take the 5th on, you have to take the 5th on ALL questions or surrender your right to take the 5th.

SNIP

Snipped by me.

Well, I guess Casey's attorney must have missed class that day in law school.

"We believe that any questions she would answer could compromise her potentially in her criminal case, so that's why she's invoking her Fifth," Kasen says, adding that they'll return the questionnaire from Gonzales's attorney Keith Mitnik with Casey's name and date of birth filled in, and for the rest, she'll invoke her Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate herself.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/02/casey-anthony-civil-suit-heats.html

And that, Shaymus, is all that she has to answer. That's the only question you can answer on the witness stand when you take the 5th.

Strange I remember at the hearing for this....they were talking about some of the questions she could answer and some she would not....maybe someone should tell Judge Strikland he was wrong...........lmao

Was this ZFG in an auto accident?
Did she get a concussion?
When?
How?
Was she in a bad auto accident ?

DID she ever know Casey?
When did she lose her ID at DISNEYLAND?
DATE?
Casey may have found it or picked it up after ZFG lost it,then began her plan to kill Caylee?:behindbar

INVITE THE PRESS!? Release the tapes to the public? Why?

This is the most unprofessional exhibit of lawyering thus far. Obviously, this JM guy has some motive other than clearing his client's "good name". He wants to be a part of the show. This is apparent because he admits that all he really wants is for KC to state that Sawgrass Zenaida is not the same Zenaida that KC blamed for kidnapping Caylee.

If that is all that is wanted, why did he file a nuisance suit for $15K and why is he setting depos of the family and threatening to make them public?

If you ask me, he knows he has a loser case. He knows it was frivolous from it's conception because KC NEVER accused this particular woman nor did she identify her when shown her photo. He also knows that LE was never interested in this ZG as a suspect. He knows he can not prove that ZG was fired because of her name or that she didn't get hired for a position because of her name. He can not prove damages because there are none.

He is crawfishing now and ready to abandon the demand for money in lieu of what amounts to a sworn denial from KC exonerating ZG from involvement in anything to do with Caylee's death. He doesn't need it, KC is the one sittings in jail awaiting trial for Murder One.

Just another jcakazz trying to jump on the bandwagon and toot his own horn.

I agree Dotseyes. Again, he knows damned well KC can't answer that question, so why the games?

IF Casey states that the photo of Zenaida is not the nanny that watched Caylee she is done. She gave LE too many details that point to John Morgan's client Zenaida Gonzalas. There is no plan "B" for another nanny that fits the description she gave to LE. Kasen said John Morgan is setting a trap for Casey and he is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74