John Tavolta's son Jett dies at age 16

This is very sad, condolences to the Travolta family. I hope the media/public doesn't turn this into something ugly- no family deserves that.

They (the media) will... they have put the Travolta's through hell over Jett and their Scientology beliefs, in the past. Sensationalism sells... :(

Wishing the Travolta family well as they cope with their loss... :(

according to breitbart.com:

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) - John Travolta's teenage son, Jett, died in the Bahamas after falling ill and hitting his head at his family's vacation home, police said Friday.

A house caretaker found Jett, 16, unconscious in a bathroom late Friday morning. He was taken by ambulance to a Freeport hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to a statement from chief police superintendent Basil Rahming. The teenager had last been seen going into the bathroom on Thursday and had a history of seizures, according to the statement. Police said they are planning an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

HE WENT IN ON THURSDAY AND WAS FOUND BY A CARETAKER LATE FRIDAY MORNING?????????????????

It's difficult to lose a child. Jeff Travolta was John Travolta's only son.

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) - John Travolta's teenage son, Jett, died in the Bahamas after falling ill and hitting his head at his family's vacation home, police said Friday.

A house caretaker found Jett, 16, unconscious in a bathroom late Friday morning. He was taken by ambulance to a Freeport hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to a statement from chief police superintendent Basil Rahming. The teenager had last been seen going into the bathroom on Thursday and had a history of seizures, according to the statement. Police said they are planning an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

HE WENT IN ON THURSDAY AND WAS FOUND BY A CARETAKER LATE FRIDAY MORNING?????????????????

This can't be easy for John and Kelly but with this bit of info coming out it's going to be a lot harder for them. They've dodged rumors for years about how they refuse to treat his disorders and won't even acknowledge if he has Autism or not. Celebrity gossip forums run wild with how both parents let caretakers and nannies take care of him, he was rarely seen in public.

Very sad.

I just heard about this now, and I agree it's sad. How horrible for their family. Let's all be conscious of the fact that there will be lots of posts and comments about scientology. I wouldn't be surprised if the media made this out to be a big controversy.

Oh thats a very good point :(

No parent should have to bury their child :( how sad they must be devestated and the daughter would be as well losing her brother

They (the media) will... they have put the Travolta's through hell over Jett and their Scientology beliefs, in the past. Sensationalism sells... :(

Isn't it true that his parents refused to put him on anti-seizure medications?

Heartbreaking. I will keep this family in my prayers.

This is so sad...R.I.P. Jett.

You would have to ask them and their doctor, that. I have seen reports of that nature, but with anything in the media, you have to talk it with a grain of salt.

Very true. I remember when he was born...he was named for his dad's love of airplanes.

I would love to hear the true facts, not speculation or rumors or lies. It's so hard to tell what is true and what is not in Hollywood anymore, the public in general seems to believe anything and everything. Because of their beliefs, the blogs will have a huge field day with this.

From what it seems to be so far, he had a seizure and fell, hitting his head. Regardless if he was on anti-seizure medicine or not, this isn't something that necessarily could have been prevented. Perhaps, but perhaps not, since anti-seizure medicine has to be finely tuned every so often, and those I've known with a condition such as epilepsy still had seizures every so often even on high-dose medication.

How very very sad. I cannot rationalize anyone exploiting one's beliefs at a time like this.
It is so hard even when one knows the end is coming, but to have no warning- so unexpected- the pain must be unbearable.
I pray the media allows the family time and privacy to mourn and begin the healing process.

How very very sad. I cannot rationalize anyone exploiting one's beliefs at a time like this.
It is so hard even when one knows the end is coming, but to have no warning- so unexpected- the pain must be unbearable.
I pray the media allows the family time and privacy to mourn and begin the healing process.

His attorney says it's "the saddest day of John Travolta's life." I guess that goes without saying, but still it points out that this son was deeply loved.

OT - In my opinion, it wouldn't matter. I have a young cousin who has been on anti-seizure medicine for 2+ years now and he continues to have grand mal seizures regardless. In fact he had one yesterday that scared me out of my wits. Sometimes additional chemicals in the body are not a cure-all, sometimes they help - who's to say?

I wish the Travoltas strength and peace throughout this most difficult time.

Salem

I'm sure the Travoltas did the best they could with their son's condition, whatever it was. Their choice of religion and medical treatment is theirs to make, no matter how others might have done it differently. They have to live with it, so I hope for them they find peace with that part of their loss. Losing their son is hard enough.

This can't be easy for John and Kelly but with this bit of info coming out it's going to be a lot harder for them. They've dodged rumors for years about how they refuse to treat his disorders and won't even acknowledge if he has Autism or not. Celebrity gossip forums run wild with how both parents let caretakers and nannies take care of him, he was rarely seen in public.

Very sad.

I don't think they have ANY responsibility in acknowledging ANYTHING regarding their children's personal medical condition. Some celebs make their childrens condition very public and it's for good reason and awareness, but choosing to remain private is also for good reason and a very basic right of the parent and even moreso, the child.

The fact that he was rarely seen in public isn't necessarily akin to having only caretakers and nannies take care of their kid - and celebrity gossip forums are about as reliable as a lying man, LOL. Fact is, John Travolta and his wife aren't a big part of the Hollywood nightlife, and it seems like they have NEVER been. I'd be willing to bet that this couple is/was one of few that DO take a very active role in parenting their children, regardless of what celebrity gossip sites say. They were, after all, all together on a FAMILY vacation. Lots of celebs wouldn't even bother bringing the kids along.

Peace to John and his family.

That's what I was wondering!!!! WTF??? That doesn't even make any sense!!!!!

If it is true , I dont care who you are rich poor famous or average joe that is irresponsible and where I blame ANY religion or group or following that tells others its wrong to do something because its what the *group* believes...

Cousins of ours are a prime example. Wife got into JW 100% all the way, husband then also followed into it.
No Christmas presents no this no that, the grandmother (my aunt) was devestated so many times by this and other things
I cant remember it all and we don't see them.
But I remember eventually one of the children needed a blood transfusion, brain tumour, the wife was no way. God will take care of it. The dad signed or they got around it some other way (I cant remember all the details - I was young) but I know that the Dad (my cousin) ended up splitting from them because it was just too life changing and NOT in the best interest of the children.
I think that anything that forces you to do ANYTHING against your fundamental beliefs is wrong. Or against society where it doesn't harm anyone
IE Not giving medications to children or blood transfusions and saying God will take care of it (or whoever) Why is it anyones right to decide for another human being to not help them because of *your* belief.

I also agree that what is written in the media you can take with a grain of salt when it comes to stuff like this.
But on the other hand if he is a devout Scientologist and that is their beliefs then it probably is true

I don't know the ins and outs of Scientology to know whether its against their beliefs not to take medicines.

Whatever it was that did happen its still a tragedy and I hope that the media remember that

my son is autistic as well just because i said "wrong" doesnt mean i am putting him down in any shape or form Jett had a disorder of some sort and I was trying to find out what it was....

Small world! Like I said, I did not write that in a hostile way. :blowkiss: I'm sure I don't word things the politically correct way every time. If I was to write a statement or ask a question, I'd say "he has a medical condition?" or ask "does he have a disability?"

Scientologists or not.....I would never believe in a million years John Travolta or his wife Kelly would ever do anything neglectful to their children. They both have always come across as very kind, loving people.....even in the media.

My heart and my thoughts are with them and their families during this tradgedy.....it's so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back