John Tavolta's son Jett dies at age 16

I was so shocked to read this news on Comcast's home page! My prayers for John and Kelly and everyone who knew and loved Jett, may he rest in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaid
This can't be easy for John and Kelly but with this bit of info coming out it's going to be a lot harder for them. They've dodged rumors for years about how they refuse to treat his disorders and won't even acknowledge if he has Autism or not. Celebrity gossip forums run wild with how both parents let caretakers and nannies take care of him, he was rarely seen in public.

Very sad.

I don't think they have ANY responsibility in acknowledging ANYTHING regarding their children's personal medical condition. Some celebs make their childrens condition very public and it's for good reason and awareness, but choosing to remain private is also for good reason and a very basic right of the parent and even moreso, the child.

The fact that he was rarely seen in public isn't necessarily akin to having only caretakers and nannies take care of their kid - and celebrity gossip forums are about as reliable as a lying man, LOL. Fact is, John Travolta and his wife aren't a big part of the Hollywood nightlife, and it seems like they have NEVER been. I'd be willing to bet that this couple is/was one of few that DO take a very active role in parenting their children, regardless of what celebrity gossip sites say. They were, after all, all together on a FAMILY vacation. Lots of celebs wouldn't even bother bringing the kids along.

Peace to John and his family.

I have personal knowledge of the Travoltas and their children through my son's occupation. I am not at liberty to divulge much, but they used to have a fly-in home nearby and were frequently seen about town acting like local joes and that's how they want to be treated when they're at home. They now own another fly-in home in another FL area a little further away from me, so they aren't in this area as much as they used to be. They have always been a part of their children's lives, usually making arrangements in advance to take the kids to see movies, to the attractions, dinners out, etc., reserving the entire place for only themselves. Certain managers and employees are allowed know who they are (in advance) but are sworn to silence that they have ever visited.

The Travolta's have always beem a huge part of the kids lives and this must have been so devastating to them. My prayers are with the family tonight.

I am so sorry for their loss. This is awful.

This is being discussed on Larry King now (MT time zone) and I have to say the film of JT with Jett, holding on to him....is troubling.

I couldn't care less what the Travoltas religion happens to be.

I have always felt that he and Kelly were wonderful parents to both of their children.

I have seen so many photos of John with Jett over the years and the love always shines in John's eyes. Jett was his daddy's boy.

I cannot begin to imagine their loss or pain but I do know they must feel that loss profoundly.

May God be with the Travolta family during their darkest hours.

imoo

How sad as this young man was only 16 yrs old. Sadder still if he had never received treatment for his illnesses. I wasn't even aware that John and Kelly had a boy until I saw a pic of him on a boat with his parents when he was 14 yrs old. I couldn't agree more that no one should have to bury a child. That isn't the order in which things are supposed to happen. My thoughts are with John and Kelly and their little girl.

This can't be easy for John and Kelly but with this bit of info coming out it's going to be a lot harder for them. They've dodged rumors for years about how they refuse to treat his disorders and won't even acknowledge if he has Autism or not. Celebrity gossip forums run wild with how both parents let caretakers and nannies take care of him, he was rarely seen in public.

Very sad.

I don't think they dodged anything. I think they spoke the truth and no one wanted to believe it.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b77270_closer_look_what_ailed_jett_travolta.html

A Closer Look at What Ailed Jett Travolta

Doctors at Children's Hospital Los Angeles ultimately diagnosed Jett with Kawasaki disease.

This is so sad. My prayers and condolences to the Travolta family.

I don't think they dodged anything. I think they spoke the truth and no one wanted to believe it.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b77270_closer_look_what_ailed_jett_travolta.html

A Closer Look at What Ailed Jett Travolta

Doctors at Children's Hospital Los Angeles ultimately diagnosed Jett with Kawasaki disease.

Sadly, this debate is going on around the death of a child.

I think it's odd that Jett went into a bathroom on Thurs night and wasn't checked on until late Fri morning. To me that would fit in with all I've heard about them not really being an active part of his life. He was found by his "caretaker". I'm not trying to attack them in their hour of grief but this information about him and how his parents treated him because of their belief in Scientology is all over the place today. It's just something to add to the discussion.

Here's a link to an article done a couple of years ago about his Autism, it's an interesting read especially since John's own brother in mentioned.
http://www.hollywoodinterrupted.com...hollywood_john_travolta_open_your_heart.phtml

Regardless of his health issues or how they handled it, I'm sure today they're suffering and my heart goes out to them.

Another article here http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j0wedKH98UcD_b0W-ZGcWsepQ1GQD95FCBG00

Why is it that when we Like someone as in John Travolta, I know I do....back from the days of Grease with our own Olivia Newton John...
Why is it that we go into complete defence mode that anything of any untoward doing might have occured ? and others get jumped on for mentioning something could be wrong ?

Yet when its someone that is not popular in the public eye, and not well known/liked whatever , everyone is ready to crucify them and say they must have done xyz ?

Isn't human nature strange !

From what I see written , the boy didn't die from a Seizure directly but rather from the seizure making him fall leading to the hitting of his head in the bathroom. On the bathtub

Many articles have it written that he died OF A Seizure which is actually not actually correct.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/new...athtub-accident/2009/01/03/1230681787915.html

I also find it sad that he was seen entering the bathroom Thursday and was found Friday morning by the housekeeper.

On one hand he was 16 and the Mum and Dad should be able to go out for a meal, but on the other hand he has a medical condition and should perhaps have a monitor ? or someone to check on him regularly.

Seizures are horrible and normally people who have regular seizures are watched more closely because anything can happen in a seizure - bite of your tongue and various other things.

How tragic. I can't imagine anything as horrible as losing a child. My thoughts are with them.

This is so sad. I'm sure Jett's parents are devastated and heartbroken! This is the most horrible loss of all, the death of a child.
My prayers are for John and Kelly.

Another article here http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j0wedKH98UcD_b0W-ZGcWsepQ1GQD95FCBG00

Why is it that when we Like someone as in John Travolta, I know I do....back from the days of Grease with our own Olivia Newton John...
Why is it that we go into complete defence mode that anything of any untoward doing might have occured ? and others get jumped on for mentioning something could be wrong ?

Yet when its someone that is not popular in the public eye, and not well known/liked whatever , everyone is ready to crucify them and say they must have done xyz ?

Isn't human nature strange !

I totally agree with you. I mean really.....how do we really know the caretaker or someone else didn't slam his head ? Can they even tell if someone actually was having a seizure at the time if death?

Honestly, I am not even HINTING that the above happened...just making the point

I totally agree with you. I mean really.....how do we really know the caretaker or someone else didn't slam his head ? Can they even tell if someone actually was having a seizure at the time if death?

Honestly, I am not even HINTING that the above happened...just making the point

I think with a grand mal seizure there are ways to tell. And while it does sound shocking to think he wasn't found for so long, it could be that at his age he was like most teenagers; the caretaker may have assumed he was just doing his own thing, staying up late, sleeping late.

Perhaps the caretaker could have been more watchful but if he'd been seizure free for awhile they again might have just thought he had gone to bed late and was sleeping in.

It would be a devastating phone call to receive no matter what the exact circumstances, my heart goes out to the family.

Um why not ?

Its part of who Jett was.
because says so. end of story.
THis story is just painful for me to hear. My son had a seizure behind the wheel last night he is still in the hospital but boy do I feel lucky
I am sitting here with him in his hospital room and my heart breaks for the Travoltas as they are living my nightmare.

THis story is just painful for me to hear. My son had a seizure behind the wheel last night he is still in the hospital but boy do I feel lucky
I am sitting here with him in his hospital room and my heart breaks for the Travoltas as they are living my nightmare.

Jbean I am very sorry about your son and so glad to hear that he is doing ok.
behind a car and having a seizure is very scarey.

Im no stranger to seizures I had them until I was about 12 and I was on meds

When I was 6 - I *died* in the ambulance on the way to the hospital...so i count myself lucky to be here. So I know a little bit about them........The constant EEG's in the childrens hospital all through my childhood. The scareyness of them, the fact of when I was younger (pre baby days!) and I went clubbing the strobe lights played havoc with my head ! the fact that when I drive the blinkering sun through the trees still bothers me to this day..and I have to be very careful not to look at it.

I was not Questioning Adnoids authority I was merely asking a question. I am happy to ask it in a pm ? Im sorry if I shouldnt have asked it here ? I didn't know it was an offensive Question

:blowkiss: We're thinking of you Beanie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back