Josh Powell's Sister and Mother in fight with Coxes for the Insurance Money

Basically, Josh Powell's mom and sis are challenging decisions Chuck Cox has made. I don't know enough about this case to follow any more tweets really. Hopefully there will be some news updates soon in msm.

Unless there is already a thread with these proceedings going on, and I just missed it. In which case, pretend I never dropped in......

Dang. 15 min recess and there could be a ruling today, but I'm not sure what the application is, or from who!

All I know from reading about the money going to who and how much was that Susan wouldn't be proclaimed deceased until Dec. 2014.on the anniversary of her disappearance, 5 years ago.

WA requires 5 years to be claimed legally dead and I think Chuck will do that then. I don't know why everyone is so greedy. Mom has been awarded money already and it was a lot. Guess they want to hurry it along.

I don't see the Cox family being greedy. Their plans are way different than the Powell's survival in upward standard living & they seem to require a lot, unless they plan on starting another radical farm/village somewhere. oy vey jmo

http://fox13now.com/2014/09/03/judge-sides-with-susan-cox-powells-family-in-estate-battle/

In a ruling handed down Wednesday afternoon, 3rd District Court Judge LA Dever ruled in favor of Susan’s father, Chuck Cox, in decisions he made controlling her estate.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58174867-78/powell-josh-susan-trust.html.csp

A 3rd District Court judge has dealt a legal blow to the heirs of Josh Powell, saying his family waited too long to challenge changes to his legal trust.

The ruling prevents the Powells from collecting the assets in Josh and Susan Powell’s trust when Susan is declared dead, probably in December.

That trust, and a related conservatorship, will include $2.3 million in life insurance awards, which have been accumulating interest, and the couple’s house in West Valley City.

Just when you think there could not possibly be a lower point to sink to, they astound us even further. Will Steven Powell implicate himself, take the hit on some jail time and help the rest of the family Powell to cash in on this money? Disgusting, IMHO

Court filing accuses Susan Powell’s family of ‘gamesmanship’

A new filing by attorneys for Josh Powell’s family accuses his in-laws of "gamesmanship," pointing to contradictory statements about whether Susan Powell is alive.

Her father, Chuck Cox, has publicly stated he believes Susan Powell is dead, but his attorneys have taken the position in court that, at least legally, she is still alive, according to a brief filed last week in Utah.

The brief was filed in response to criticisms lawyers for the Coxes leveled at the Powell family. Lawyers for the Coxes criticized the Powells, in a court filing and to reporters, for leaving open the possibility they will prove Susan Powell, 28, died on or near the date she disappeared, Dec. 6, 2009, and that Josh Powell had something to do with it.

Court filing accuses Susan Powell's family of 'gamesmanship'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back