Judge Belvin Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I wondered the same!

I simply cannot wait to see Judge Perry in action with Jose. I know, I am silly. :innocent: But I just cannot help myself after what they did to JS I am really hoping that Judge Perry comes out swinging letting JB know right off the bat that he will not tolerate his frivolous behavior. Plus I want to see how he reacts to JB referring to him as "Judge" as he ummmmssss and so on....

I tell you I feel the same. I will miss JS but I think JS was way too easy on JB. I wonder if before they decided to get rid of JS if they did their research on who the new judge may be?

I am glad they will not be able to use JS as a way out later and I am also happy to hear that the new judge is very strict. I think JB did an oopsie on this one.

I tell you I feel the same. I will miss JS but I think JS was way too easy on JB. I wonder if before they decided to get rid of JS if they did their research on who the new judge may be?

I am glad they will not be able to use JS as a way out later and I am also happy to hear that the new judge is very strict. I think JB did an oopsie on this one.

I quite frankly am honestly beginning to believe that the defense fully expected Judge Strickland to deny the motion to recuse himself. I sure hope they got themselves pulled up by the bootstraps, and Mr. baez better wear his big-boy pants!

I quite frankly am honestly beginning to believe that the defense fully expected Judge Strickland to deny the motion to recuse himself. I sure hope they got themselves pulled up by the bootstraps, and Mr. baez better wear his big-boy pants!

And CM needs to get rid of the "tight boots".

And CM needs to get rid of the "tight boots".

LOL!

Seriously when I think about this it really makes so much more sense that the defense thought a.) motion would be denied and b.) CM would kind of at the same time try to put Baez in his place?! Jose Baez truly doesn't know what he's in for me thinks. Not only that he's been real quiet as of late.

Angel Who Cares just posted the following news, Judge Perry is on the ball and Doc Dump TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! (I can't wait to see this Judge in action!)

New Casey Anthony judge sets April 30 hearing
Judge Belvin Perry took over the Casey Anthony case Monday.
1:06 p.m. EDT, April 22, 2010
<snipped>
Perry has called for an April 30 status hearing on the capital murder case, according to an order signed by the judge today. The case is nearly two years old already, but Perry assumed control of the case Monday when judge Stan Strickland withdrew from it on Monday after defense attorneys said he was friendly with a local blogger. Perry, the chief judge, decided to take the case.

Perry asked attorneys from both sides to come prepared to:
*Discuss discovery and scheduling deadlines.
*Discuss future motion deadlines.
*Discuss motions that are still pending.
*And discuss pre-trial and trial dates.

The order reflects Perry's reputation for efficiency. He also asked attorneys to provide him a list of motions that will require evidentiary hearings and those based on pleadings and to give courtesy copies to the court of future motions

Perry also put attorneys on notice about how their behavior in court: He asked that they "familiarize themselves with the Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy" and follow it "at all times."

Meanwhile, the State Attorney's office will release another batch of discovery on Friday morning in the capital murder case against Casey Anthony.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5595910.story

LOL!

Seriously when I think about this it really makes so much more sense that the defense thought a.) motion would be denied and b.) CM would kind of at the same time try to put Baez in his place?! Jose Baez truly doesn't know what he's in for me thinks. Not only that he's been real quiet as of late.

Money talks but JB is out of it so he can't talk no more, don't you know!

Angel Who Cares just posted the following news, Judge Perry is on the ball and Doc Dump TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! (I can't wait to see this Judge in action!)

<snipped>
Perry has called for an April 30 status hearing on the capital murder case, according to an order signed by the judge today. The case is nearly two years old already, but Perry assumed control of the case Monday when judge Stan Strickland withdrew from it on Monday after defense attorneys said he was friendly with a local blogger. Perry, the chief judge, decided to take the case.

The order reflects Perry's reputation for efficiency. He also asked attorneys to provide him a list of motions that will require evidentiary hearings and those based on pleadings and to give courtesy copies to the court of future motions

Perry also put attorneys on notice about how their behavior in court: He asked that they "familiarize themselves with the Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy" and follow it "at all times."

Meanwhile, the State Attorney's office will release another batch of discovery on Friday morning in the capital murder case against Casey Anthony.

Article:

Love it... I like him already!!!

JB and Co. just shot themselves in the *advertiser censored* by getting Strickland Removed from the case.

<snipped>

Article:

BBM.
What does everyone think he means by this? Is it a generalization he's making, sort of an introduction of how he wants things done, or is he referring to something in particular? Here's the policy he's talking about (if I found the right one, I hope!)
http://www.ninja9.org/publications/policies/courtroom decorum policy.pdf

from the link, #4:

"Refer to all persons, including witnesses, other counsel and the parties by their surnames and not by their first names or given names unless the permission of the Court is sought in advance."

I recall CM referring to JA as "Jeff". I suppose this will not be allowed, good.

"Counsel shall request permission before approaching the bench."

Got that, hosey-dosey?

"No gum chewing is permitted."

Money talks but JB is out of it so he can't talk no more, don't you know!

LOL! So so very true! :clap:

Sheesh we have to wait an entire 8 days. I wonder if Casey will be there? I am like a kid in a candy store over this. I am so very happy to see Judge Perry stepping right in and getting things going. I really do think that he will push for things to advance a wee bit more quickly from what I've read on him.

It will truly be interesting to see how JB will behave/present himself before the honorable Judge Perry vs. Judge Strickland. Or if there will be any noticable difference at all. Whose to say that he will actually take the time to familiarize himself with Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy.

I do not see the SA's office having any difficulty with this.

From above link :

#2 Address all remarks to the Court, not to opposing counsel or the opposing party.

#15 in its entirety No tobacco use in any form is permitted. No bottles, beverage containers, paper cups or edibles are allowed
in the courtroom, except as permitted by the Court. No gum chewing is permitted.

underlined and bolded my me...so no gum and no bottles...:croc:

From above link :

#2 Address all remarks to the Court, not to opposing counsel or the opposing party.

#15 in its entirety No tobacco use in any form is permitted. No bottles, beverage containers, paper cups or edibles are allowed
in the courtroom, except as permitted by the Court. No gum chewing is permitted.

Sounds like #15 could have been directly written because of the A's....

LOL! So so very true! :clap:

Sheesh we have to wait an entire 8 days. I wonder if Casey will be there? I am like a kid in a candy store over this. I am so very happy to see Judge Perry stepping right in and getting things going. I really do think that he will push for things to advance a wee bit more quickly from what I've read on him.

It will truly be interesting to see how JB will behave/present himself before the honorable Judge Perry vs. Judge Strickland. Or if there will be any noticable difference at all. Whose to say that he will actually take the time to familiarize himself with Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy.

I do not see the SA's office having any difficulty with this.

Wouldn't KC have to be there per the ruling by JS? That ruling should have to remain in effect unless Judge Perry rescinds it.

From above link :

Your post is indicative to the fact that Cindy has some major adjustments to make.

This is a zinger from Judge Perry directly to the Defense and I love it:

"The order reflects Perry's reputation for efficiency. He also asked attorneys to provide him a list of motions that will require evidentiary hearings and those based on pleadings and to give courtesy copies to the court of future motions."

No more 11th hour sensationalizing to the media for the Defense! :dance:

Here you go.

LOL if you watch the bailiff while MN is at the podium ,she tells someone in the courtroom to spit out their gum and zip it. I had not noticed that before.
Wonder if it was CA.

Courtesy copies of future motions IMO means CH 13 won't be getting their "leaked" advance copy before the court.

I think that JB is going to soon realize that the "leeway" Judge S gave him went beyond what JB ever recognized. IMO Judge S. went ABOVE and BEYOND what he could have IN ORDER TO GIVE KC A FAIRER SHOT. The courtroom decorum and procedures is unique to each Judge and by virtue of Judge Perry releasing it now, he is giving the defense their "notice". Gone are the days of them getting an inch and running a mile. Judge Perry seems intent on using the "scale" at the bottom of the page with no room for interpretation.

While some people may see his requirements as reactive to some of the antics displayed thus far.....I suspect this is his standard and perhaps a previous order from him could show if I am right or wrong.

I also anticipate Andrea's RED NOTEBOOK being overruled and kept out of Juror view.

Your post is indicative to the fact that Cindy has some major adjustments to make.

This is a zinger from Judge Perry directly to the Defense and I love it:

"The order reflects Perry's reputation for efficiency. He also asked attorneys to provide him a list of motions that will require evidentiary hearings and those based on pleadings and to give courtesy copies to the court of future motions."

No more 11th hour sensationalizing to the media for the Defense! :dance:

I have read the Ninth Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy statements - so can I assume Baez will no longer be attending court.

And that her attorneys will be cautioning Casey not to make faces, pretend to cry, etc when testimony or evidence is being entered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500