Karr admits infront of camera

I don't know if anyone watched Court tv yesterday but they were saying The Ramseys had a tour of their house right before Chritmas...and alot of people walked throughout the house on this tour......Could John Karr have been one of those people that took the tour?

Charlie said:
karr said infront of reporters and cameras "i loved JonBenet" "i killed her unintentionally" asked if he was an innocent man he answered "no"

That's not what I saw. What I saw was someone asking him an unintelligable question and he replied that her death was an accident. That could be any of us speculating what caused her death. Then next I heard someone ask something to the effect of "were you there?" and he answered yes. Which could mean anything at this point. I'm appalled that the news outlets are calling this a confession.

narlacat said:
Kinda makes you wonder who else was there then.

yeah, same here..hmmm

he said he was with her when she died, but no comment on questions of his involvement w/the Ramsey's or how he got into the basement...really weird...

Jayelles said:
My 83 year old mother recently flew out on her own to Canada for a holiday from Scotland. She phoned me when she arrived and I said "I was with you every minute of the way".

It's an expression which isn't necessarily literal.

I'd like to know what this guy meant. He didn't say he killed her. He said he was "with her when she died". That is such a weird thing to say IMO. His whole interview was weird.

If he's been in e-mail contact with Michael Tracey - who claims to have information about previously unknown evidence and was going to write about it in his book ... who knows what will come out of this.

Tracey has been so desperate to solve this case that he made a fraudulent documentary fingering an innocent man as the perp. I have a sinking feeling about this - it's like that guy DOuglas someone in the van Dam case who was desperate to have Damon vanDam convicted of Danielle's murder and he just happened to find "evidence" in the desert.

i agree...saying he was with her when she died struck me odd...why not just say i killed her, but it was an accident...also agree, the interview was weird...

narlacat said:
Kinda makes you wonder who else was there then.

ok, i can't keep away from this comment......something is weird about how he answered those questions..it DOES almost make a person think he wasn't alone....

Jack said:
That's not what I saw. What I saw was someone asking him an unintelligable question and he replied that her death was an accident. That could be any of us speculating what caused her death. Then next I heard someone ask something to the effect of "were you there?" and he answered yes. Which could mean anything at this point. I'm appalled that the news outlets are calling this a confession.

There are 2 videos of Kerr talking to the reporters. The one i was refering to was the first one and those one where the reporter asked "were u there?" was the second.

Well, I'm just hoping he wasn't in a group ie pedophile ring.
Otherwise I will have to apologise to Aussie and worse, tell her she's right.
For JonBenet, I don't want it to have been like that...but some experts did say there was definitely prior abuse.

julianne said:
It only means I killed that person if that person was murdered and I was the only person who was there when that person was murdered.

He said he was in the basement with her! He said no one else was there! She was murdered, he said he was the only person with her, was with her when she died, and said he was in the basement with her.

IMO, doesn't get much more open & shut than that!

We should be happy about this arrest, it's evidence that the DA has been working hard to bring closure to this case.

ok i must have missed that comment... :confused:

The Thai officer quoted the suspect as saying he tried to kidnap JonBenét for a $118,000 ransom but that his plan went awry and he strangled her to death. Wood said the arrest vindicated JonBenét's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey. Patsy Ramsey died of ovarian cancer June 24. +"John and Patsy lived their lives knowing they were innocent, trying to raise a son despite the furor around them," Wood said. "The story of this family is a story of courage, and story of an American injustice and tragedy that ultimately people will have to look back on and hopefully learn from." The attorney said the Ramseys learned about the suspect at least a month before Patsy Ramsey's death. "It's been a very long 10 years, and I'm just sorry Patsy isn't here for me to hug her neck," Wood said.

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/12598313p-13305793c.html

A woman who said she was the former wife of former Petaluma teacher John Karr told KGO-TV in San Francisco that they got divorced after his arrest. The woman, whom the station identified as Laura Karr, said her ex-husband spent a lot of time reading about the cases of JonBenét and Petaluma resident Polly Klaas, who was abducted and slain in 1993.

Jayelles said:
Many people were suspicious of the Ramseys because of the way they behaved post murder. That's ancient history now. The Ramseys, BPD and the media all played their parts in hindering the investigation and shoulder equal responsibility. Plus, it wasn't just teh Ramseys who were accused of this murder. Let's not forget that FLeet White and Santa have pointing fingers - Chris Wolf and others too. Let's not forget Ariana Pugh whom jameson admits to working hard to find proof that she was the girl in some child *advertiser censored* photographs.

There have been many, many victims.

I feel for any further victims who may have suffered at Karr's hands as a result of that hindered investigation - courtesy of Ramseys/BPD/Media - who shoulder equal responsibility.

ETA - what gets to me is the thought that if the Ramseys had only sat down with police and HELPED them - instead of worrying about themselves - maybe this guy would guy would have been arrested sooner.

I feel for his young innocent victims - more than anything else.

I think the time has come to where decent people will no longer be including the Ramseys in any statement regarding any belief that they hindered the investigation.

I'm wondering if he was already in the house before the Ramseys returned that night. How many hours were they away? He could have spent quite a bit of time walking around all over, picking up things he wanted out of JonBenets room. He could have had ample opportunity to find his way around including the basement. It's being said he was planning on abducting her at first, is that why he would have grabbed her nitegown that wasn't put on her? Did he think the alarm system was on and that's why he didn't walk out the front or back door with her but go down into the basement? He could have written the ransom note thinking it would buy him a lot of time after he was away with her. It was worded to stop them from contacting the police and to wait for contact from the kidnapper.

OB

Old Broad said:
I'm wondering if he was already in the house before the Ramseys returned that night. How many hours were they away? He could have spent quite a bit of time walking around all over, picking up things he wanted out of JonBenets room. He could have had ample opportunity to find his way around including the basement. It's being said he was planning on abducting her at first, is that why he would have grabbed her nitegown that wasn't put on her? Did he think the alarm system was on and that's why he didn't walk out the front or back door with her but go down into the basement? He could have written the ransom note thinking it would buy him a lot of time after he was away with her. It was worded to stop them from contacting the police and to wait for contact from the kidnapper.

OB

really strange...so we're to assume that Karr knew how to write the note, as to make it look like Patsy wrote it too :confused:

48 Hours reports that there is now what's believed to be a complete DNA profile of JonBenet Ramsey's killer. And there's strong evidence that he may have had an accomplice and that he may have tried to kill again.

WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Wudge said:
Be decent, quit with slurring innuendo.

The autopsy stated chronic and acute vaginal inflammation. chronic ranging from last 48-72 hours. not innuendo

Charlie said:
The autopsy stated chronic and acute vaginal inflammation. chronic ranging from last 48-72 hours. not innuendo

Are you saying that you believe there was abuse by the Ramseys?

Wudge said:
Be decent, quit with slurring innuendo.
Whatever Wudge, you took it how you wanted to take it.
Experts could not agree remember.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal