KC's Pregnancy/Denial (Merged Threads)

I actually do know of some, I even had one friend in high school whose mom wanted her to have a baby so badly. She wanted a grandchild.

What did the grandchild want? A single mother still in HS? :banghead:

I am sure it has been covered, but there is no way that Casey did not know. Caylee would have been dancing in utero at 7 months. By that time in my pregnancy I could see my wee one moving. You just can't mistake a foot or elbow jamming you from the inside as "gas" and/or "bloating".

Probably control. Something CA probably wanted as well...

No, I mean what did the grandchild want? A loving home with two committed parents, or a single HS student mother with an airhead grandmother? No one asked the poor kid .... :innocent:

ITA especially since CA said on the stand that her and ICA would exchange "personal information" concerning each other's "cycle". How could you be THAT close to your daughter and then NOT ASK about the father? KWIM?

Or how would someone who is a registered nurse mistake pregnancy for Casey working at a sedentary job and gaining weight? It isn't the same "weight gain" at all! Also, many young people have jobs where there isn't much exercise but find other ways not to gain weight, such as going to the gym, etc. In other words, the explanation didn't sound believable.

MOO

Only Casey wanted to keep this pregancy a secret. She did not admit it to anyone until it was obvious.

Laney

She didn't want to deal with it at all IMO. I'm convinced that if nobody had noticed, the newborn baby would have been abandoned double wrapped in garbage bags and tossed into the woods off suburban.
I find it hard to believe that after the wedding and being questioned by the family, CA would have called the whole family back right away to announce their joyful news due in 5 short weeks. I have sons ICA's age, not daughters but I'm not sure that an unplanned pregnancy in a 19yo HS dropout announced a few weeks before the due date wouldn't be considered immediately joyful. The joy would come with the delivery, not with the immediate situation.
Makes you wonder what dreams the A's had for Casey growing up.

Has there ever been any talk from Casey's friends who might have suspected she was pregnant? All the criticism has been on the parents for not noticing, but what about her friends and coworkers. What did she tell them or say to their questions? I agree with the other poster that Casey probably wore baggy shirts for about a month after she started showing. It's odd that Cindy finally thought something the day of the wedding and then Casey claims to have found out for sure on the day of the Grandparents' wedding anniversary. Either she does like to upset her Mom on happy importants days or she waits until the last minute when she can't hide things any longer. Hopefully we will find out if Casey was secretly seeing an OB or getting any prenatal care before 7 months pregnant. As far as Cindy being happy, only a monster would make a pregnant daughter feel horrible about it or that the baby wasn't wanted.

Has there ever been any talk from Casey's friends who might have suspected she was pregnant? All the criticism has been on the parents for not noticing, but what about her friends and coworkers. What did she tell them or say to their questions? I agree with the other poster that Casey probably wore baggy shirts for about a month after she started showing. It's odd that Cindy finally thought something the day of the wedding and then Casey claims to have found out for sure on the day of the Grandparents' wedding anniversary. Either she does like to upset her Mom on happy importants days or she waits until the last minute when she can't hide things any longer. Hopefully we will find out if Casey was secretly seeing an OB or getting any prenatal care before 7 months pregnant. As far as Cindy being happy, only a monster would make a pregnant daughter feel horrible about it or that the baby wasn't wanted.

BBM - Interesting question, IIRC ICA's former employer said she was given a job working in personnel(?) because of her pregnancy which makes me wonder when she told Kodak/Colorvision about her "condition" vs CA's claim ICA was putting on weight from her sedentary position working in personnel!

I am sure it has been covered, but there is no way that Casey did not know. Caylee would have been dancing in utero at 7 months. By that time in my pregnancy I could see my wee one moving. You just can't mistake a foot or elbow jamming you from the inside as "gas" and/or "bloating".

There is no way she didn't know. Didn't she given an explanation for it like a growth or something? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Plus, she garnished her baby bump by tying the cardigan at her biggest spot. I don't bring attention to my fat, and neither would she, I'm quite sure, if she had any.

I don't remember exactly but didn't she talk to Kiomarie when she was about 5 months pregnant about adoption? When she said that her mother would never allow it? And Kiomarie offered to adopt the baby?

I have a 19 year old daughter who is very slender. Not only do I know her cycle (CA said they were on the same cycle, too) but I could tell if she put on a few pounds, especially in the stomach. I'm sorry, but there is a difference between water weight and pregnancy weight. And CA was a nurse. She didn't see it because she didn't want to see it. Her denial system seems to have always been strong.

Cindy says the two were on the same cycle and Casey had always had female issues, that the two would "sometimes" laugh and compare their bloating to looking pregnant. Wonder if there could have been a few other pregnancies that didn't make it over 4-6 months over the years instead of being the bloating.

Is it possible that the A's assumed that JG was the father (I can't remember all the details of that time period) and didn't question it until JG requested a paternity test? By that time Caylee was born and with the excitement and love they had for the baby they just accepted any other story KC fabricated?

Did not ring true to me either. When first told that she was pregnant I just don't see them as being elated. Shocked or a little surprised at least,and a bit worried would be a normal reaction. What parents of a single girl with a minimum wage job and few prospects think that an unplanned pregnancy is a good development for her or the coming child?

With much respect, I think that Cindy looked for little bits of sunshine in her life anywhere she could. Her marriage with George was rocky at best. Casey was troubled to say the least and from what little we know from discovery, Cindy covered for her time and time again. When she found out that Casey was pregnant, I believe that she really was elated. Maybe she thought that this would finally make Casey grow up? I also believe that she thought this would be a second chance in a way, a literal new beginning.

On the pregnancy itself, I had a harp teacher who was tiny. When she was pregnant with her first baby, she did not show at all until a few weeks before she delivered. In fact, she could wear her regular clothes throughout most of her pregnancy. She was healthy, gained the appropriate weight, etc... I have 4 children and was obviously pregnant with each of them. When I was a 15, a friend of mine became pregnant and hid it from her family until she went into labor.

Now, in the wedding picture, I can clearly see that Casey is pregnant, but maybe she had just recently begun to show, I don't know. Maybe they just didn't want to announce anything at the wedding, but perhaps they should have chosen a different dress...:waitasec:

I think in the coming weeks we'll find out more about the dysfunction and family dynamics that will also clarify the pregnancy denial. At least that is what I'm hoping.

It is entirely possible to hid a pregnancy up to 7 months from family members if you dress right and say the right things. My next door neighbor did it. She was not as thin as KC at the time, but she hid it up to the point of going into labor and knocking on her mom's bedroom door to say she was having a baby. Can you imagine how that mom felt????? We saw the ambulance that night and had no idea she was in labor, we thought the mom was sick. This girl was 16 yrs old. Her mom did the same thing CA did after the shock, she got her home ready to bring the baby home. What else do you do? I also don't think CA was going to say she was angry about Caylee coming into the world after losing her in the most horrible way. In her mind this is what happened and I hope it is the way it happened. She had to make phone calls and do what she had to do, Caylee was coming and I bet she was the Sun Shine in her and GA's life when she did.

Oddly enough, reading through the computer forensics thread made me think of something: It was briefly discussed there about KC being put on light duty for a period of time during her employment at Colorvision, (I'm assuming due to her pregnancy?) If so, do we know when this "light duty" began? Also, do we know when any of her Universal coworkers found out/noticed/suspected that she was pregnant? I know CA said she barely showed until mid/late June, interesting to know whether coworkers noticed or were told earlier by ICA?

I'm having a hard time digesting Cindy Anthony's testimony that Caylee arrived a month early.

Cindy says the shower was after Caylee was born because she was born a month early!

1. Jose Baez asks Cindy about attending her brother’s wedding on June 7, 2005 and he shows Cindy Anthony a photo of her and Casey taken at the wedding reception, and although Casey looks pregnant in the photo, Cindy says she did not believe at her brother’s wedding that Casey was pregnant.

2. Casey came to CA's work on June 30, 2005 and told CA that she was 7 months pregnant.

3. Caylee Marie born August 9, 2005

June 30 - August 9 (2005) = 41 days. We're supposed to believe Caylee Marie was due in early September (or about 70 days after telling CA).

I don't believe this to be true. 1 - Caylee looks very pregnant in the wedding photo.

Also, look at ICA holding Caylee on August 9, 2005. Does this look like a premmie to you? Caylee weighed 7 Lbs and 6 oz. My son was born full term at 8 pounds and I'm a lot bigger than Casey is. My DH is also 6'1.

If Caylee was really premature, and a lot of growing happens during that last month, she could have had a 9 pound baby.

IMHO I think Cindy was telling porkie pies on the stand.

Thoughts? Mods, if this has been discussed ad naseum already, feel free to delete.

Thanks.

Melanie

View attachment caylee born.bmp

casey pg.jpg

I think the premature thing came up because 'originally' JG was supposedly the father, but then his dad made him get a paternity test since Caylee didn't look premature? I thought the story changed after it was found out that JG was not Caylee's father?

It's so much easier to keep track of the truth... I wonder if KC even knows it at this point!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back