Keith Richards: "I Snorted My Father"

"My dad wouldn't have cared," he said...

For some reason this cracks me up, as disgusting as this is. Was his dad such a laid back dude that it wouldn't have fazed him, or did he think his son was such an idiot that nothing he did surprised him anymore?

Can I say it?? can I huh?

What an ashhole.

heehee But I like him. My brother plays with him from time to time.

Yes you can!!! HOW totally disgusting!!! ( KR not you Jbean)

It was a joke:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1556258/20070403/rolling_stones.jhtml

snip

In case you missed it, this little yarn first appeared in the pages of London's notoriously unreliable New Musical Express....

...This wildly dubious quote proved irresistible to newspapers, wire services and TV and online outlets on both sides of the Atlantic, from The Associated Press to Forbes, The Drudge Report, Breitbart and E! Online. In fact, it was such a great story that nobody bothered trying to confirm it with a Richards representative — why spoil the fun with facts?
In a buzz-killing mood, though, we decided to check with Richards' longtime manager, Jane Rose. We asked her about the dad-snorting quotes in the NME interview. She responded with an e-mail:
"Said in jest," she explained. "Can't believe anyone took [it] seriously."

Well thank God for that.....sanity prevails:p

Jelly, I like Keith Richards too. :blushing:

He has not aged well though! :eek:

Jelly, I like Keith Richards too. :blushing:

He has not aged well though! :eek:
Considering the substances Keithy has put in his body I think the fact that he looks like a walking dead fella ,is not at all surprising.I think he is a cool ol guy but the story is probably crapola anyway!!! He is an amusing character , for sure.

At work we were pretty skeptical of the "it was a joke" response.

doubt it was a joke---he supposedly has a role in pirates of the carribbean 3,the film doesn't need that publicity so he was probably told to take his comments back

Richards Denies Snorting His Dad's Ashes
Apr 4, 9:11 AM EST

The Associated Press
LONDON -- Keith Richards was joking when he claimed to have snorted his father's ashes along with cocaine, a spokesman said Wednesday.
"It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke," said Bernard Doherty of LD Communications, which represents the Rolling Stones.
Doherty declined to say any more about why Richards made the statement in an interview with NME, a pop music magazine.
"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," the 63-year-old guitarist was quoted as saying.
"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."
Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

I hope it was a joke and not some weird "well, I've tried everything else" experience. I have a sick and twisted sense of humor, and I found the whole story nasty. Not something to joke about, even to shock people.

Ok - really really gross!
I still can't believe the man still does cocaine!? WOW..:slap:

Strange world we all live in.

Rosco

Joke - huh.. yea right. :hand:

Whatever. Why even 'joke' about that? :slap:

I did not find it funny AT ALL.

Rosco

OK Boys & Girls, Ladies & Gentlemen, Children Of All Ages....DID Keith actually inhale his sire? Maybe....(OK...probably)...is it gross? Yeppers. HOWEVER, true or not, this will without doubt, be another "Strange Musician" tale that will be passed down for a couple of generations.

It's truly amazing how stories get more lurid and embellished as they're told (tho' in this case, we just raise an eyebrow & wonder if Ol' Keither had an unresolved issue with his father & found 'closure' in his own way):) Anyhoo... Rolling Stone Magazine has put a little interesting page on their site. For years....I believed that Mama Cass actually died from choking on a ham sandwich. Not true. Here ya' go. Enjoy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/Mythozzy

Thanks for the link Heavenly- I read a bit there about Keith Richards but not about him snorting his Dad-

<<While it was most likely a blood-filtering "hemodialysis process," as Victor Bockris writes in Keith Richards: The Biography, fans have often maintained that the guitarist had a complete blood transfusion, like a premature embalming. It didn't help that Richards once told a journalist that, yes, he had in fact undergone a complete transfusion. "I was just fooling around," he admitted, years later. "I was ****ing sick of answering that question." JAMES SULLIVAN>>

He was only mucking around about snorting his Dad- but he should know that when he jokes like that- some people are going to believe it- everyone I know just assumed it was true-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back