KFC employee allegedly asks little girl to leave Jackson restaurant

I was really gullible on this one when the story first broke. I swallowed it hook, line, and sinker! I hated to think this little girl was treated the way it was reported. I was so outraged.

This poor, injured child deserves so much better than these grandparents behavior. I hope she is healing and doing well.

And while we're on the subject, here's a shout out to all the rapists that figured out how to slip a roofie into their dates' drinks. Stupid girls should have been more careful.

For the irony impaired: :sick:

I am not sure what that situation has to do w/ what happened here. How is a rape victim comparable to people believing and donating to the latest viral outrage?

If Grandma has to give back the money, it tells people that they can donate to any sob story they see, after all, if it is not true, they will get their money back.

I feel like people want to live in a world, where these viral outrages are the absolute worst thing that happens. Remember the school bus attendant who made like $600k in donations? Not saying what she went through wasn't horrible, but it can be frustrating seeing how much outrage these stories get, when cases we talk about here are ignored.

personally I think Gramma ''misunderstood or mis-heard'' if there was such a "you're scaring people" it was probably directed at her

:silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol:

My goodness....protein shake...down the wrong pipe!

I can't believe people are actually applauding the grandmother for defrauding innocent and caring people for donating to a child in need. Yes, they were gullible, but that doesn't mean they deserved it. I'm sure they feel very conflicted and hurt right now and it's nothing to laugh about. It's a hard lesson to learn and will probably make it hard for them to ever donate again and who does that hurt? Legitimate causes in need! I'm not going to applaud a woman for possibly ruining the chances of these kind people from ever donating to a legitimate cause because she chose to shake their faith in humanity.

Is there any reason why we are not hearing about grandma being arrested yet? I am going to be livid if she doesn't face charges! I don't care that the money is being returned to those who donated. That doesn't take away all the damage she has done. She needs to face criminal charges. What she did to Victoria is child abuse! Not to mention extortion, fraud, and whatever else she can be charged with!

She should also be paying restitution to all the employee's who worked at the two locations where employee's were assaulted and threatened. You have to think that a lot of these employee's may be minors themselves. She owes them more than anyone.

They could also sue grandma for slander if they wanted to.
But most likely won't because of the child.

Yes, but it would be very hard to win because they would have to be able to show actual damages that directly resulted from the lie. And that's tough. It's also why defamation suits are kind of rare.

I don't care if the family keeps the money, or what they do with it. Good for them for taking advantage of people who believe everything they read, and overreact over the latest viral outrage.

<modsnip>

Whoa. I can't imagine in what world, or via what personal philosophy, should criminals be applauded, praised and given credit for attempting and/or actually defrauding people, for potentially defaming a business where people work, causing innocent employees to face backlash, and for using an innocent, little child, who is named and identified, her name forever on the internet, to be used as a pawn in the scheme to defraud people with big hearts.

Sorry, but I feel that's rather sick.

personally I think Gramma ''misunderstood or mis-heard'' if there was such a "you're scaring people" it was probably directed at her

Seeing as the store she claimed she was in has been closed for years, I don' think she "mis-heard" anything!!

I was really gullible on this one when the story first broke. I swallowed it hook, line, and sinker! I hated to think this little girl was treated the way it was reported. I was so outraged.

This poor, injured child deserves so much better than these grandparents behavior. I hope she is healing and doing well.

You know, I think it can be quite natural to accept a story like this at face value, especially when skimming the news quickly, or depending on how the article is written, since we expect news sources to fact check and it's hard to believe (especially for super, super honest people), that anyone would make such a horrible thing like this up.

There must be some good lessons for all of us in this though - trust your gut if you've paid close attention to what's happening, be super, super careful about money given online and, contributing to well known and reputable charities is often the best way to help people.

I can't believe people are actually applauding the grandmother for defrauding innocent and caring people for donating to a child in need. Yes, they were gullible, but that doesn't mean they deserved it. I'm sure they feel very conflicted and hurt right now and it's nothing to laugh about. It's a hard lesson to learn and will probably make it hard for them to ever donate again and who does that hurt? Legitimate causes in need! I'm not going to applaud a woman for possibly ruining the chances of these kind people from ever donating to a legitimate cause because she chose to shake their faith in humanity.

Is there any reason why we are not hearing about grandma being arrested yet? I am going to be livid if she doesn't face charges! I don't care that the money is being returned to those who donated. That doesn't take away all the damage she has done. She needs to face criminal charges. What she did to Victoria is child abuse! Not to mention extortion, fraud, and whatever else she can be charged with!

She should also be paying restitution to all the employee's who worked at the two locations where employee's were assaulted and threatened. You have to think that a lot of these employee's may be minors themselves. She owes them more than anyone.

I really don't think this incident will stop people from donating. One week from now, there will be a new viral outrage. If people wait for a story to "settle" before donating, I don't see that as a bad thing.

Out of all this, I hope little Victoria does get help with her medical treatment. She has had her face plastered all over the media and helped generate revenue for people in all sorts of ways, so this little one deserves some return.

Poor little girl. She is gorgeous though, with or without any remedial surgery. One of the loveliest smiles I have ever seen.

You know, I think it can be quite natural to accept a story like this at face value, especially when skimming the news quickly, or depending on how the article is written, since we expect news sources to fact check and it's hard to believe (especially for super, super honest people), that anyone would make such a horrible thing like this up.

There must be some good lessons for all of us in this though - trust your gut if you've paid close attention to what's happening, be super, super careful about money given online and, contributing to well known and reputable charities is often the best way to help people.

There is the problem right there. Usually that does not happen.

Sadly fact checking is a thing of the past. True journalism is a rare and dying thing. Most "reporters" these days simply get their story from another article who got it from another article. They simple reword what they read without ever doing any real research, investigation or fact checking.

Con artists have quickly learned to exploit the media and the internet by coming up with stories that pose them as the victim and they get donations and instant fame. Remember the lesbian waitress who claimed she was a military vet and that a couple had insulter her for being a lesbian and didn't leave a tip. She got a sympathetic and outraged audience and got thousands in donations before her story fell apart under scrutiny.

There was also the waitress who claimed that a racist man didn't leave her a tip and called her the n word. Her story fell apart under closer inspection as well. She got thousands of dollars as well.

Not to mention the people who falsely claim that they (or their child)have cancer or a serious illness and soak up the attention, sympathy and donations.

I think fraud like this needs to be prosecuted.

I feel terrible for everyone who was taken in by this and I appreciate the caring that went in to making the decision to send money.

This little girl is going to pay many times over for all of this, so I hope some of the money goes to her in trust or to her medical bills or is managed for her in some fashion by someone who isn't going to take it all. She is a sweet looking little thing and she should have a chance at thriving without being known as that girl who was used for a fraud. jmo.

As for the fraud, I feel the same way about families of the missing who are beset with psychics and the like. Bottom feeders. There has to be a way to protect vulnerable people from bottom feeders, especially when it comes to victims of crime. :(

Just saw this thread. Article says the girl was attacked by three dogs while visiting her grandparents (shows photos of the atrocious pen the dogs were kept in, all of the dogs were immediately killed, video seemed to imply the dogs lived at the grandparents place).

Were the dogs OWNED by this same grandma? Is it the same side of the family?

Just saw this thread. Article says the girl was attacked by three dogs while visiting her grandparents (shows photos of the atrocious pen the dogs were kept in, all of the dogs were immediately killed, video seemed to imply the dogs lived at the grandparents place).

Were the dogs OWNED by this same grandma? Is it the same side of the family?

IIRC The grandmother who is at the center here, was married to the grandfather who owns the dogs that attacked the child. IIRC he either has a second wife or she is a girlfriend. jmo

I feel even worse for that poor child. It doesn't seem like she has a chance. First she's attacked by her own grandfathers dogs and then her grandmother views the tragedy as as a money making scheme.

In time plasitc surgery could probably correct alot of the physical damage but there is nothing to protect the poor child from her own despicable family.

So why doesn't the family graciously accept the money that KFC offered and immediately donate it to the charity for surgery for needy kids??? Instead, they are looking like snobs- telling KFC to donate it themselves! They just keep digging their hole deeper...

GREAT NEWS....... hope she is being cared for by responsible adults.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back