Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how JH is doing? I can't help but have empathy for him too. Fgs his whole life has been turned upside down!

As my kiddo says... this look in his eyes is pure WTF HAPPEN

Jonathan+hernandez1.PNG

I don't need to have feelings for someone who'se in enough of their own.

My heart goes out to anyone who loses a child but I can't accept denial and loyalty as an excuse. It is not like Lucas death came out of the blue and there were no signs. The bruises were seen, there was violence in the home, drug use, long term illness etc. He might not of believed it would ever go this far, but he accepted and participated in the lifestyle these children were put in. I may come across as very cold but I can sympathize that he lost his child in a horrific way and still feel like he played a part in the final outcome by not taking steps to stop and protect the children and I believe it is time that people be held accountable for their choices, Lucas wasn't given a choice.
Oh I hear ya but I still think he's been in so much denial for so long he must feel like a mack truck hit him! He's lost everything in a very short period. As much as his looking the other way, believing EG, or whatever else was going on with him, even JO had nothing but kind words for him. I do feel for him. I can't help it.

thinking on JH.....in the earliest phone interview,DM said that it was JH who convinced EG to talk more to the PI and spend time with him that Thursday..It also was JH who got her to go back to the detectives when she was under the charge of CE with MH. JH has some influence on EG..perhaps it is only that she feels she can manipulate him with her lies..He is the one that has to live with the fact that he put Lucas in HER care...he turned a blind eye to his bruises and Lucas saying"Emily doesn't like me anymore." Those are the things that are a stumbling block to me sitting back and exonerating him from this. I have no doubt of his love for his son.....just wished JH had "listened" more to him than her.

thinking on JH.....in the earliest phone interview,DM said that it was JH who convinced EG to talk more to the PI and spend time with him that Thursday..It also was JH who got her to go back to the detectives when she was under the charge of CE with MH. JH has some influence on EG..perhaps it is only that she feels she can manipulate him with her lies..He is the one that has to live with the fact that he put Lucas in HER care...he turned a blind eye to his bruises and Lucas saying"Emily doesn't like me anymore." Those are the things that are a stumbling block to me sitting back and exonerating him from this. I have no doubt of his love for his son.....just wished JH had "listened" more to him than her.
This! I'll bet he will never forgive himself.

IANAL, but...thinking of other cases (CA for one)
I wouldn't be at all surprised, however, if her defense fights like hell to get as much of that thrown out as possible--especially if COD doesn't reveal much. I wouldn't be surprised, either, if the attorney uses the JO theory to create doubt. Much like we were all wondering if EG put Lucas where it would implicate JO, I wouldn't be surprised if defense atty at least tries to flip that script.

I think EG leaving Lucas home on Friday will help the prosecution show a lot about EG's attitude to 'parenting' Lucas. History can sometimes be deemed 'prejudicial' but I think in this case it would be valid to bring up those pictures of Lucas with bruises and all the concerned family members who called CPS, because this is all about EG and her treatment of Lucas. They might manage to throw out things like drug history, but I don't think the judge will agree to throw out anything related to Lucas.

The JO theories can be thrown out, I think, as it was EG who led the PI to the body. I also believe there might be forensic evidence in EG's house to show something happened there. It would seem impossible to tie JO to any evidence like that (if it's there). One thing the defense could try is to attempt to throw doubt on EG being the one to cause the bruises on Lucas through abuse, either by saying that Lucas had accidents or by pointing a finger at JH and saying that it could have been either of them. Hopefully dates for JH's work will help. I don't think JH is going to be a very good witness for the defense and the prosecution could use his inactions to throw reasonable doubt on EG being the one to cause the bruises, after all if JH had thought her capable of abusing his son why did he act in the way he did? And a jury will surely find that difficult to understand as well.

Finding a COD and the testimony of the person who saw and interacted with Lucas on the Friday will be very important, imho. That person can say whether Lucas had fresh bruises on his face, and possibly whether Lucas was holding his tummy and saying that he feels sick.

I completely agree that it's not the expected response to waking up and finding a dead child in his bed to go and hide the body instead of calling an ambulance. I think if there's an inconclusive COD that will be another big question. It's a giant sign on EG's forehead that she doesn't care about Lucas' well-being, she doesn't even want to find out how he died, she just wants to hide the body? She doesn't want to check that it's not some bad food she gave him in case it's something she also feed her daughter that day? She calls JH her 'husband' yet she doesn't want him to know his son is dead and how that happened? She doesn't want JH to be able to have an autopsy, answers, and a funeral for his child? She's willing to lie to him, to LE, to media, to everyone...to cover up a natural death?

And if she tries to say she had to hide Lucas' death because she was scared she'd lose visitation with her sons...doesn't that open up questions on why she doesn't have physical custody of her sons? So then the jury learns that she can't be trusted with her own biological children. I feel sorry for whoever gets assigned to 'defend' EG in court.

I am not a lawyer, that's all my own thinking and conjecture. I've only even watched one trial and that was for the death of Bella Bond. Bella's 'mother' had someone in the house at the time, her boyfriend, who she blamed everything on, and it wasn't even a very logical story, but I don't think EG has a good enough scapegoat to do the same thing. Rachelle Bond got off by taking a plea deal to testify against her boyfriend, so her inactions were never put on trial (the inaction of not calling an ambulance for Bella, the inaction of going along with her boyfriend to dump Bella's body, the inaction of sticking with that boyfriend). But I think EG will have to answer for her inactions, those questions (both action and inaction) are going to be critical in a trial for EG, and I can't see how she can possibly have good answers to them.

I know I’m probably in left field on this (wouldn’t be the first time) but I keep wondering why she chose that area. Was it that she just kept driving and Harvey County was the first stop? Then I thought of the Scottie Goodpasture murder and his body was also found in Harvey County in 2016. Was it just a coincidence or maybe she followed the case or did she possibly know one or more of these people since they were into meth? I know I’m probably grasping at straws. I don’t know exactly where Scottie’s body was found and if it was close to where Lucas’ was.

Affidavit: Wichita man tortured before he was killed

I know I’m probably in left field on this (wouldn’t be the first time) but I keep wondering why she chose that area. Was it that she just kept driving and Harvey County was the first stop? Then I thought of the Scottie Goodpasture murder and his body was also found in Harvey County in 2016. Was it just a coincidence or maybe she followed the case or did she possibly know one or more of these people since they were into meth? I know I’m probably grasping at straws. I don’t know exactly where Scottie’s body was found and if it was close to where Lucas’ was.

I think it’s just a coincidence. He was found further North.

OMG....That's a crazy awful story!
Interesting thought about the meth angle.

My youngest son died in his sleep when he was 2 months old. (Originally labeled SIDS then later labeled complications from Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. We knew I had it, didn't know he did.) I can attest to the fact that although I called 911 and got my oldest child dressed to rush to the hospital with the ambulance, my first thought was NOT to hide the body and create a fictional story.
Im very sorry for your loss.

Back in the beginning of this case we had talked about how Emily was into #'s. She had some numerology stuff on her FB.

I had instantly thought EG placed him in a location that had #'s, #'s that were important to her.

I immediately noticed the numbered roads in the beginning of this case.

I wonder, did the number 96 have an importance to EG?

OMG....That's a crazy awful story!
Interesting thought about the meth angle.
That’s what I thought too... Did she have a close enough relationship with her dealer that she could call him and ask for help? IIRC she said his name was Mike but I’m sure that’s not his name. When she said that the two people that were outside smoking in the early hours of the morning she said there was a black man and white woman. Is the black man her dealer and she is the white woman? I’ve never thought that those people were really there but she was mentioning it and there was some truth to it. Just that she was the white woman. Was “Mike” the black man? I know I’m grasping but did seem a little odd. I’ve always found her lazy and idk how she could have known about this place. Where he was found isn’t visible, at least I don’t think it is, from the road. It was a new moon so it was dark that night. I’m beating my head against the wall - how did she pick this location and did someone help her? Ugh.

Back in the beginning of this case we had talked about how Emily was into #'s. She had some numerology stuff on her FB.

I had instantly thought EG placed him in a location that had #'s, #'s that were important to her.

It certainly does now.....he was found on 96th street on the 96th day.....

I know her dad was in and out of jail around ‘96. Wonder when her parents got a divorce? Can’t sleuth them though. Interesting thought, especially now that @raeann mentioned he was found on 96 on the 96th day. Seems strange.

I would love to donate some money for a proper burial. Does anyone know any legit sources or the funeral home that might be taking the lead?
I know you’re not my Mama but mine lives in OR and this is something she would want to do. Good Mama’s come from OR for sure!

I know at one point I think there was something set up at Wells Fargo but I’m not 100% sure. I too would like to donate towards that. Maybe FLA can point us in the right direction or @AnaPisces or @ESO or @n_6CC or @perfectingpink. I couldn’t tag FLA for some reason.

Oh I hear ya but I still think he's been in so much denial for so long he must feel like a mack truck hit him! He's lost everything in a very short period. As much as his looking the other way, believing EG, or whatever else was going on with him, even JO had nothing but kind words for him. I do feel for him. I can't help it.
Denial?
His attitude reminds me of someone who made the sober decision to drink and drive.
You know what the outcome could be.
But you do it anyway.
To late for regrets.

I know you’re not my Mama but mine lives in OR and this is something she would want to do. Good Mama’s come from OR for sure!

I know at one point I think there was something set up at Wells Fargo but I’m not 100% sure. I too would like to donate towards that. Maybe FLA can point us in the right direction or @AnaPisces or @ESO or @n_6CC or @perfectingpink. I couldn’t tag FLA for some reason.

There will be a way to donate and ESO will have information on this.

It certainly does now.....he was found on 96th street on the 96th day.....

I was going to RMT that was an excellent point about the possible dealers. There seems that there was some significance to those two people. Plus about the #96

Then Raeann mentioning about #96 and Scotty just gave me goosebumps also. Makes you wonder if she did know this area or if she did have help and that person knew the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea