Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she have an attorney yet? This is a different charge from the last case.
An attorney isn't appointed until after arraignment, which I don't expect would have happened yet, given she was arrested right before a holiday weekend. At arraignment, she can request an attorney, or state she is providing her own.

Poor sweet Lucas. To know that he was in that place, alone, saddens me so much.

It's comforting to know that he's now in a place where he feels tremendous love and will no longer feel pain and sadness.

There's a timeline arraignment needs to take place after arrest. I believe it's no more than 72 hours. So, I expect EG to be assigned an attorney and arraigned on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.
That gives EG time to give her side of the story. Someone needs to get her to talk before she’s advised not to

I’ve not been a part of the trial process in any case except for CA and I was glued to the tv. I expect I have much to learn from those familiar with the law. Please experts, stick around and provide meaningful resources. I’ve come to trust some of you more than MSM.

That gives EG time to give her side of the story. Someone needs to get her to talk before she’s advised not to
That's what I'm hoping for too. I don't think she has an attorney yet because I think she needs to have a court appearance to request one, unless someone is paying for her to have a private one.

No, they were all after Lucas was found. Sorry for confusing you!
I was thinking I probably misunderstood. You had said you and Mr Pink had been by there during searching much earlier on and that was why I thought that. Or at least I thought you had mentioned so. Just ignore me, I may have misunderstood that also.

That's what I'm hoping for too. I don't think she has an attorney yet because I think she needs to have a court appearance to request one, unless someone is paying for her to have a private one.
She can request one outside of court- affirm her right to an attorney, during questioning before any court appearance but the judge has to determine if she qualifies for a court appointed attorney, and then assign one. That usually happens at the first appearance.

She can request one outside of court- affirm her right to an attorney, during questioning before any court appearance but the judge has to determine if she qualifies for a court appointed attorney, and then assign one. That usually happens at the first appearance.
Ah yes. Of course she can request an atty during questioning.

I went to twitter and someone asked if she agreed to the interview and he said yes.
Wow! I wonder if she agreed electronically just to mess with them, knowing she wasn't going to actually go through with it? I'm not sure how it works, I didn't go all the way through and upload my ID to complete my registration. I can see her doing it to mess with them, though, just like JO said when she emailed EG in jail, EG responded with only elipses (...). I would be shocked if she even thought about giving an interview at this point. I know she doesn't have a new attorney yet, but I'm certain the last one would have advised her against it. Don't get me wrong - I would love for her to give an interview and shove her foot farther down her own throat! Hopefully she reschedules and shows up!

Oh goodness....the photos do add a certain depth of sadness. The reality kinda hit me in the face.

I am thankful they were shared, I have been wondering and I had envisioned it all wrong, it is helpful to see the pics.

Imagine a jury seeing these, and I am guessing LE has photos of their own. It's very disturbing.

I want to say really mean things about Emily right now. I won't.........but I want to!

ETA: I didn't expect to see so much water.

There's a timeline arraignment needs to take place after arrest. I believe it's no more than 72 hours. So, I expect EG to be assigned an attorney and arraigned on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

It is determined by business days, not calendar days/hours. It should be Tuesday though, as it occurs the day after the arrest, unless the defendant agrees to postponing it.

I believe Lucas’ body had naturally moved from the place EG put him. In the PIs interview (thanks for the transcript) he mentions there was a grate to stop large debris from passing thru the culvert when it rained and he basically states he was glad that was there... leading me to believe Lucas was near it. IMHO.

Hopefully because Lucas was a bit sheltered and out of direct sunlight, it will help the autopsy.

It seems like it was sloppy and EG just got really lucky. I believe there’d have to be some sort of hit on her car or she doused it in bleach. If she sticks to her lie, she should at least be able to prove de use honest details about how he was transported there.

I’m actually glad she’s lying about the timing, she’s absolutely had to mess up timeline in interviews. And those glaring lies will be great for a jury to note.

Sorry, the thought of her cleaning her car, much less dousing it with bleach just made me lol. You must not have seen the photo of the interior.

Attachments

• 2150D100-1037-4E54-A371-A1C68E5CFFA0.jpeg
    2150D100-1037-4E54-A371-A1C68E5CFFA0.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 261
I might feel more for him if he didn't continue to claim that LH wasn't abused and call people idiots for talking about it. His head is STILL in the sand. He probably knows EG put those bruises on LH (and more than likely put a few on him himself), but thinks that throwing water bottles at a 5 year old's head is an appropriate punishment... certainly not abuse. Like that guy who was "shadow boxing" with his 6 month old and thought it was appropriate play. My father-in-law used to hit my husband with wires and lock him and his brother in a shed and fill it with smoke. He would NEVER in a million years think of himself as abusive (and oddly enough, neither would my husband).

I don't care what his intention was or wasn't, I don't consider not knowing how much you can beat a child without them dying an excuse. I hope they can find a way to put him in jail too. At least he'll be able to stay near EG. It would be like a modern-day Romeo and Juliet!

Yes, this has been my thought the whole time, with how adamant and angry he was getting when the proof was right there in front of his eyes and on film (digitally speaking :cool:). He doesn't see their type of punishment as abuse. Maybe he just thought Lucas bruised easily and that the "punishments" they were doling out were standard/ok or meant to toughen him up. A lot of people. sadly, still have that train of thought that "kids these days don't get whooped enough". JH seems to be a proud guy and if anyone questions how he runs his household, then he doesn't need them in his life (cutting out family members who report the abuse). JO stated over and over that he was never abusive - but they didn't seem to be together for long after Lucas was born....maybe Lucas was just starting to get big enough for JH to think he could handle corporal punishment.

I am NOT excusing any of that, and I think people with that mindset are very scary, but I definitely feel like you are on the right track when it comes to JH and EG's idea of what proper corporal punishment was and why he thinks how they handle children is ok or even GOOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500