Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean wow. I am just shocked. I can't personally recall ANY case where someone essentially confessed and revealed the location of the body only to walk free. I know that they can bring charges still but it concerns me greatly that the DA didn't seem to think they had enough to hold her on anything! This PI, who was a rockstar to us, has now revealed far too much and is putting everything in jeopardy. He has to know better, no? This case has been a roller coaster of emotions, my heart hurts for JO and FLA and the entire family. I just can not believe this. No words. Wichita is starting to create a seriously poor record when it comes to child abuse. I'm very worried.

Which leads me to believe- someone else could be involved. There has to be a reason why she is being released. OR, could she be claiming that the PI forced her to go with him in the truck so to speak, and is lying about everything? It seems like the more the PI opens his mouth to the media, he's giving her a chance to not be charged for Lucas' death. Something is very hinky about all of this, to me. Very hinky.
Yes, I’m very leary of Marshburn’s original temperament of low-key and passive to so quickly crescendo into sensationalism. I’m disappointed.

When we were previously discussing the Marshburn and Kelli case. I remember how once the handcuffs were on the perp, he let out every rotten dirty thing he had ever thought about him during the long, long friend request and relationship. Then came Dateline specials, lots of other interviews.

What did the PI/searcher say specifically that everyone thinks has jeopardized the case?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm grateful that Marshburn did what LE was apparently unable or unwilling to do. He found Lucas. I think there have been people who have been (and possibly still are) looking for personal glory from this case, but I don't get that vibe from him at all. I followed the Kelli Bordeaux case and I never felt he looked for Kelli for personal gain, either. He's rough around the edges, given that he's not a trained PI. He's essentially a bounty hunter who discovered he's good at finding bodies that LE can't or won't look for. I don't see where he's jeopardizing the case, but that's just my opinion.

You and I are on the same page. The PI and searchers need to STOP doing interviews!! They're releasing info that we were specifically told not to because it compromises the case. It scares me because there's SO much known behind the scenes and too many people have loose lips it seems.

I cannot comment on the homeless man's death other than to say he did not commit suicide. He was not involved in Lucas's death. Emily has ruined so many lives and his was just one of them. I pray that his family finds peace... he did not deserve to have his name dragged through the mud.

I'm going to stop there because I'm so angry I'm shaking.
So sorry B- we are here for you. I am angry and wish everyone would have just shut their mouths- they all knew in the beginning it could compromise the case, and continued for their own gain- to have to be the know it alls. Gross.
MOO

What did the PI/searcher say specifically that everyone thinks has jeopardized the case?
My philosophy is if he discusses details that had not yet been released to the public already, he shouldn’t have said anything. The only thing he said he was hired to do was find the body, so everything he said outside of that was leaking information he had no right to do. Does that make sense?

You and I are on the same page. The PI and searchers need to STOP doing interviews!! They're releasing info that we were specifically told not to because it compromises the case. It scares me because there's SO much known behind the scenes and too many people have loose lips it seems.

I cannot comment on the homeless man's death other than to say he did not commit suicide. He was not involved in Lucas's death. Emily has ruined so many lives and his was just one of them. I pray that his family finds peace... he did not deserve to have his name dragged through the mud.

I'm going to stop there because I'm so angry I'm shaking.

I am so sorry, FLH. It is not fair you guys have to go through all of this and I pray for a resolution soon. And like you, I pray everyone just shuts it!

My 2 cents...
Undeniable proof of injuries that Lucas sustained prior to the time when EG met JH were found at autopsy.
Postmortem radiographic studies specifically.
MOO
"Bennett said investigators would continue to follow up on newly-developed leads and await the results of forensic examinations."

DA: No charges today in Lucas Hernandez case, Glass released from jail

I guess I'm just not that impressed with LE's response so far. They kind of tried to take credit for finding Lucas by saying they were bound by rules that civilians aren't, which really makes no sense since Lucas was found under a bridge and LE could have talked to Emily through her attorney at any time or they could have talked to her when she was acquitted and home free, just as Marshburn did. If mistakes are being made, I think they are more LE's responsibility than Marshburn's. If LE has the evidence to charge EG, they should get on with it and do it.

KFDI just confirmed she’s being released. They aren’t charging her with the conduct charges at this Time.

I’m officially done with this all today. Im sad to be in Kansas right now. I believe the drug story from the podcast. It’s what I sadly expected. The only silver lining in all this is , Lucas’s story made me scared for this life of my grandchild. Once drugs came in to play he was no longer safe with his momma . ( thank you Lucas ) We got that baby away from his mom legally. Before anything could happen to him. He won’t be another Lucas another child failed by Kansas. Backing away now time to go hug and play with my little guy.

Big hugs to you & your grandson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member