Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my first thought on the homeless man...if he brought the drugs in exchange for a place to party.
Yep, it happens a lot. Once I had a roommate who brought the dealer, her 7 kids and 2 boyfriends to stay with us because she got evicted and couldn't find a place because of background checks. It was....interesting, to say the least.

Meth was never mentioned in the CE trial. The topic of meth never arose until after she was found not guilty, and she was talking to DM.
I know, but I knew it was probably meth before that. I just wondered how long it would before that got cracked. Pot smokers don't look like emaciated crazed zombies.

Okay wow... I'm all caught up now. Someone on here called it threads ago when EG got released from prison that they thought she'd kill herself. I can't remember who it was but they were right.

I know articles are referencing EG as JH's Gf and stating they lived together. However I would not put it past EG to have showed up there at the house and either killed herself so Jonathan would be the one to find her or as the Mashburn stated he had heard she did it in front him cause that's just how evil she is. JMO MOO

ADMIN NOTE:

How very disappointing to read through this thread and see members ignoring instruction from a Moderator. Liltexans has been more than patient and had to work so hard to keep this thread on track, and it is extremely disrespectful AND a violation of TOS to keep making off-topic posts. This thread is about LUCAS. If you want to chit chat, do it through private convo or downstairs.

Please note that any more OT violations and warning points will be issued. I don't think anyone wants that as points can add up very quickly and result in a loss of posting privileges.

Qmfr:

What reaallly bothers me about this is, considering her propensity for denial,etc, if sheeeeeeee admits this...

I'm sorry for starting the confusion. It was actually "I put everyone through hell". And that was preceded by "I feel so sorry....." but it's hard to tell what the ending of that sentence was, and the end seems to have been missed off in the transcription by the news site.

I would expect it's pretty easy to find in Wichita, as it is in most cities anymore, especially after hearing she struggled with usein before. She knew someone to call to get started again. And meth is cheaper than drugs like cocaine... substantially cheaper. And while she looked like a user, she didn't have a lot of the signs of a heavier user (scarring, scabs, etc), and my now recovered ex-roommate said once, you could get "feeling good", but not be so overboard you were an obvious user for under $100 a week. With 2 kids and a household to purchase things for, it wouldn't be exceedingly hard to funnel even $100 a week to that instead of groceries or household items.
I don't know... $400 is a lot of money to go disappearing out of a budget every month, especially given that JH was already prepaying for her "cannabis." (I missed that detail the first time it was discussed and I'm still reeling from that information. I have no problem with her smoking weed, but to have your boyfriend prepay for you with a weekly delivery is just weird to me.) I wouldn't think they had that much disposable income. Unless they were going without a lot of things, but then I think JH would notice, and question, that they never had paper towels, for example...

ETA: I see that kansasjason has clarified that he did not hear anything about the weekly delivery when he was present at the CE hearing.

Last edited:
I’m betting he will release it to NG in sections. He may not though due to the fact that he doesn’t necessarily want his tactics of working with a killer to be well known as he may need to do it again and wouldn’t want that individual to be too prepared. MOO

ETA: I commented and then saw that someone else already surmised the same. Great Minds and all that ;-)

I worry that DM has already revealed too much of his tactics. With his media interviews, personal facebook page and especially the NG podcasts, I wouldn't talk to him if I was guilty of hiding a dead mouse.

Well they a notorious for misinterpreting abuse which led to Lucas' death in the first place. So why would they make such a statement?
Sorry. Just saaying.
The statement by DCF is that until the autopsy comes back with a finding of death cause by neglect or abuse, they aren’t releasing the records. They have no control over what the ME determines as far as COD or MOD.
The new law that requires the release of the records, if any exist, in the case of a death by abuse or neglect. This is a review of sorts, the show if and how the system broke down, who failed to see what is so obvious to us in hindsight. Which of course from the CINC case we already know a lot. It is also to help prevent farther deaths because now their work will be scrutinized in the case of a child death by abuse or neglect.

I worry that DM has already revealed too much of his tactics. With his media interviews, personal facebook page and especially the NG podcasts, I wouldn't talk to him if I was guilty of hiding a dead mouse.
He has discussed what he does, and has since he began.
Maybe these people are so arrogant, they believe they can outwit him. They won’t fall for it. And so he just does what he does and he keeps at it. To the point they don’t even know why they didn’t trust him to begin with he’s so clearly on their side...
The man is just brilliant at what he does.

Their statement was likely in response to a request for records robe released. Which in turn they stated since there were not substantiated cases of abuse in the past, they weren't released any records.
Which brings us back to their abysmal failure to stop the abuse,and protect Lucas. Which is what killed him. They aided and abetted. They were his last line of defence. Their duty.They had the ultimate power. The most say.

There have been some questions about EG's child endangerment trial testimony and excerpts from the interviews police conducted with EG. I am copying and pasting my notes from attending. I do not recall any statement about JH arranging drug deliveries. Hope this helps the conversation.

"I wanted to offer some thoughts on the court proceedings today.

Cell phones were confiscated upon entering the courtroom. Media was present and left periodically to do updates. JO was there in the morning and was with someone, but left after the first recess around 10:30. It is most likely that other parties had family members there, but without photographs, positive identification cannot be made at this time.

For the most part, glass looked straight ahead at the witness. She wore black slacks and a black shirt with a gray sweater. She was not wearing glasses and looked healthy.

A WPD officer was the first witness. He essentially testified that he responded to a call at EG's residence on 2/17 because EG called police. He was at the residence for more than an hour. He wore a body camera. He had access to the garage. Pictures of the garage and of EG's daughter were admitted into evidence. There was an area set up in the garage with chairs and an ash tray. He testified that the house was free from clutter and trash, EG's daughter was clothed, clean, and appeared emotionally happy. He does not recall seeing any cannabis or paraphernalia, and would have reported it if he had.

The next witness was a Crime Scene Investigator which helped process the residence. He said that a lot of manpower goes into processing each case. He arrived around 10:30 p.m. and they worked to process the scene all night. He worked until his shift ended around 6:00 a.m. He took 230 photos of the entire residence and created a diagram of the residence. Some relevant photos presented into evidence included those of the backseat of EG's white SUV showing a car seat and a booster seat buckled in side by side. He testified he "processed" the vehicle. He also testified that an occupant of the home provided a written waiver to process the house. Defense showed that there were food and beverages in the fridge and the house was relatively clean.

The next witness was a homicide detective. He was called to the house around 10:30 p.m. He interviewed EG four times. They are all recorded. The dates are 2/18, 2/19, 2/20, and 2/21. EG requested the second interview and brought up cannabis use.

Detectives obtained all of EG's phone records from her carrier. The limited pings offered into testimony showed the phone near Olive Garden at Rock and Central at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. EG's written statement was read into evidence. It is summarized, in short hand form, as follows:

Friday, woke up. Changed the kids. Took LH's pullup off and put on underwear. Gave them pop tarts and fruit. Put on cartoons for them while I did laundry. Lounged with the kids and watched cartoons. Smoked a cigarette. Gave daughter a bottle. Did more laundry.

Around noon, gave kids sphagetti-o's and PBJ. LH's tummy hurt. Gave him Zofran and put him in his room to watch a movie. He asked to. Cleaned up after lunch. Checked on LH every 20-30 minutes. Did more laundry. Took a break from cleaning My hands hurt from working in the flower bed. I smoked pot in the garage and got hungry.

I remembered JH gave me a gift card and I decided to eat quick at Olive Garden. Took daughter. Left LH because he fell asleep. Landlord called at 5:30. Said he needed in the house by six to fix the sewer lines. I had been smelling weird things. I told him I was almost home. On my way home he called again.

At home, I made Lucas dinner and gave the kids baths. I put them to bed and talked to JH by video chat.

Then the seven minutes of interviews were played. Audio was low and hard to hear. Of note, her weed gets brought to her by a man named Mike. She does not know his last name.

She has cracks on her hands and has for years. She then rolled up her sleeves to show the detectives her arms also. She hurt her hands digging in the garden. Also, it was her first time going to OG from her new house and she does not remember the route she took.

After showing the video, the judge had a bench conference with the attorneys for several minutes and put white noise on the speakers so they could not be heard. During the bench conference, EG looked over multiple times at three people sitting in the courtroom -- a man and woman about 55, and a woman about 35 -- and she gave a thumbs up with a look on her face like she was asking a question. Then, they broke for lunch.

The events after lunch have been reported."
Thank you, for not only your notes but bringing them forward again. The weekly drop of thing is a rumour I think from other places. Whether true or not i don’t recall that being anywhere reliable. If someone admits to drug use the first thing asked is who and where so the answer “Mike drops it off, don’t know his last name” - well that shuts down that line of questioning straight away.

Sorry for double post am catching up.
I agree with Wildcat about not giving voice to the 2 weirdos, I didn’t even listen to be honest and have no intentions. But I am finding it odd that almost a couple days later there has been no statements from family saying “who are these people and they don’t speak for us”. I literally do not know anything about EG family and they would be grieving themselves but surely they don’t agree with the oddity of that.

Also I wanted to add the statement released from JO and JH was absolutely a class act. Considering what EG put JO through, I felt it was incredibly classy.

ETA - sorry it’s only day later, I’m ahead so have timeframes mixed up here I think

If she was going to frame him I doubt she would of left three suicide notes.
Not in the suicide note.,David Marshburn mentioned EG. Told him about homeless guy spending the night in Nancy Graceinterview. Then again her spaced out fans on Nancy Grace actually named him.

Thank you, for not only your notes but bringing them forward again. The weekly drop of thing is a rumour I think from other places. Whether true or not i don’t recall that being anywhere reliable. If someone admits to drug use the first thing asked is who and where so the answer “Mike drops it off, don’t know his last name” - well that shuts down that line of questioning straight away.

If it is a rumor I apologize, I don't read anywhere else but here so I wouldn't of gotten it some place else. There were several people that went to the trial and posted here about it. If I am mistaken and it was a rumor posted here and I confused it with other post regarding the trial I apologize.

EG may have exchanged sex for drugs

definitely. she also may have paid in other ways - given that we know she let one homeless person in her house/rumors she used to be homeless, she could have offered her house and previous apt as a hang out spot, place to shower and/or crash. she also could have shared car with someone who needed it. or ran errands for people. i dont think meth makes you hungry, but she could have shared some food or at least did that with her pot smoking friends. she also could have a paid a lower rate in combo w these things - i definitely think she had access to some money easily given she was running a household.

i bet she was creative in how to pay and was probably a large part of her lifestyle (not just how to pay, but then once she secure the drugs getting high, enjoying the high, coming down from the high) and there was probably a lot of interactions like this during feb 11-17 if it was the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod