KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing jane d's news from KNZA, I am hopeful that there will be an arrest and answers to Pat's whereabouts soon. I pray daily for Pat and her family, but I need to remind myself to include LE as well. Praying for answers soon.....
Also, thanks to jane d and keep us posted.

Just some background info for those not local to this area...

Axtell is a small town less than 35 miles west of Sabetha and about 55 miles west northwest of Horton.

Kansas law requires that a title is necessary to junk vehicles and or motors (trying to curb drug dealings).

While we don't know what LE found at the salvage yard I believe if a VIN# was involved they can trace it back to whoever may have recently owned that vehicle.

Jane,
Thank you for that information! That vehicle sure was dismantled! Was news saying that the truck bed was burried at the Hollister farm???

And good job LE for checking out salvage yards! Question to anyone local: is this salvage yard the closest one to Sabetha/Hollister's?

Nurse,

" Was news saying that the truck bed was burried at the Hollister farm??? "

That was my take on it.

For someone, RH, (allegedly) IMO>>to go to all those lengths to get rid of a pickup.
1. truck parts sold or given to salvage yard.
2. truck bed buried on property.

There will be forensic evidence found.
It takes time to process that kind of evidence.

Patience. That's what I tell myself.
Prayers of patience prayed for the whole Kimmi family.
They are very close to seeing the person who abducted
their mom arrested.

Just some background info for those not local to this area...

Axtell is a small town less than 35 miles west of Sabetha and about 55 miles west northwest of Horton.

Kansas law requires that a title is necessary to junk vehicles and or motors (trying to curb drug dealings).

While we don't know what LE found at the salvage yard I believe if a VIN# was involved they can trace it back to whoever may have recently owned that vehicle.

Thanks for this geographical info, jane d. Seems like a pretty dumb criminal to take parts such a short distance away. I agree about the VIN#. An engine (with VIN) would probably be a logical part of the truck to salvage - and worth a little money. Yes, the VIN# would allow titling info.

Good job, LE!! Keep up the GOOD work and find answers for the Kimmi family and put someone behind bars!

Prayers continue for everyone involved.

Okay, I heard the report again this morning on KNZA. Apparently LE located a portion of a vehicle "at an Axtell salvage yard" early last week which led to the search warrant being issued. A pickup bed was found buried during the execution of the search warrant. Other than asking for consideration of the family by not spreading rumors nothing else was said.

Bumping this piece forward!!

jane d,

So glad you have your ear to KNZA! Can't get that station in my area. It's good to know that the search the LE has going is in various places. A vehicle can probably be identified even tho it's in pieces.

We can all pray that more and more evidence and testing will soon lead to arrests and finding Pat. The Kimmi family deserves answers and peace.

Yea, remember the OKC bombing had a key peice of evidence, a tangled & twisted pc of the ryder truck fame that was traced after it had been through a tremendious explosion.....they can ID a vehicle

ok, truck talk, just for speculation

how old a truck? gotta be pretty bad or pretty wrecked to "salvage" & dismantle, unless there is another reason..trucks are expensive

was this truck paid off, did it have a loan against it, which would have required full cov ins....was it reported stolen, just wondering

burying a truck bed? like what, burying it at ground level to make a hillbilly hottub out of, or to pack with ice & beer..other than that i cant think of any logical reason to bury a truck bed....well, unless it was buried in a ravine to help stop land errosion

i dont think you have to prove title or ownsership to sell a salvage yards parts, just a vehicle..

is this "buried" truck bed supposed to be the "truck of interest". big, possibly red, possibly dually?...the only truck i saw on the news was a mid "00" silverado or GMC...taupe colored, but big, possiblle 3/4 ton, not a dually though..it had the bed on it, they were loading it up on a flatbed

ok, truck talk, just for speculation

how old a truck? gotta be pretty bad or pretty wrecked to "salvage" & dismantle, unless there is another reason..trucks are expensive

was this truck paid off, did it have a loan against it, which would have required full cov ins....was it reported stolen, just wondering

burying a truck bed? like what, burying it at ground level to make a hillbilly hottub out of, or to pack with ice & beer..other than that i cant think of any logical reason to bury a truck bed....well, unless it was buried in a ravine to help stop land errosion

i dont think you have to prove title or ownsership to sell a salvage yards parts, just a vehicle..

is this "buried" truck bed supposed to be the "truck of interest". big, possibly red, possibly dually?...the only truck i saw on the news was a mid "00" silverado or GMC...taupe colored, but big, possiblle 3/4 ton, not a dually though..it had the bed on it, they were loading it up on a flatbed
hwj,
the silver truck you saw in the video was in one piece. It was not dismantled so thusly was not the vehicle in which parts of it were found at a salvage place in Axtell and other parts burried at the farm. It is just my guess, but I think the search warrant listed the seizure of other vehicles owned by the H family and other things that we do not know about yet.

It seems to me that LE may have had an idea about who owned this mystery truck for a while and finally hit paydirt when going to salvage yards. At this time they find out who owns it, etc, and when searching the property find other parts of it burried there. I find it far from a hillbilly hot tub type burial... to me it screams of cover up to the nth degree. wouldn't be surprised if they also have a burn pit on their property that was also searched.

Now we must ask ourselves this question: what kind of person takes apart their truck and buries part of it under the dirt???? Not to mention I am sure LE has all the goods on WHEN the truck parts were taken to salvage and I just bet it was after Pat went missing. The truck came up very early on into the investigation... iirc, it was even before the cap (from sabetha... surprise, surprise) and money clip were revealed. Perps had to be pretty scared when their vehicle description came out...

With the revelation of the additional details about the truck I am more convinced that LE has their "man" and is hot on the trail of who did this. I suggest to the perps, if they read here, that they may just want to go out and soak in their hillbilly hot tub and pop open a cold one while they can 'cause the clock. is. ticking....

hwj,

. . . . . It seems to me that LE may have had an idea about who owned this mystery truck for a while and finally hit paydirt when going to salvage yards. At this time they find out who owns it, etc, and when searching the property find other parts of it burried there. I find it far from a hillbilly hot tub type burial... to me it screams of cover up to the nth degree. wouldn't be surprised if they also have a burn pit on their property that was also searched.

Now we must ask ourselves this question: what kind of person takes apart their truck and buries part of it under the dirt???? Not to mention I am sure LE has all the goods on WHEN the truck parts were taken to salvage and I just bet it was after Pat went missing. The truck came up very early on into the investigation... iirc, it was even before the cap (from sabetha... surprise, surprise) and money clip were revealed. Perps had to be pretty scared when their vehicle description came out...

With the revelation of the additional details about the truck I am more convinced that LE has their "man" and is hot on the trail of who did this. I suggest to the perps, if they read here, that they may just want to go out and soak in their hillbilly hot tub and pop open a cold one while they can 'cause the clock. is. ticking....

I totally agree with you nursebeeme. It's VERY possible that the RH truck has been the focus of much time & effort -- then parts of it appear in the Axtell salvage yard -- thus the search for a dismantled truck There has probably been a lot more investigation going on this very item than what we've read on these posts and in the newspapers.

All I can say is that I hope there are NO mistakes being made and that not one tiny detail is overlooked.

Keep up the good work LE!

Hang in there Kimmi family and friends. Something surely will be happening soon -- like arrests.

Wonder if he/they were actually involved in the abduction, or if they were just paid afterwards to dispose of somebody else's vehicle...

ok, here is a little more "info" from me, not 2nd hand. i mentioned in an earlier post that my work gets me around these parts quite a bit

so i am seeing a client the other day, & i say, "does EK still come in here everyday?" ( i was just guessing that he did, i had "heard" that he shopped at this place every day, but didnt have 1st hand info) ...client says "like clockwork", so i say, "anything seem different, the guy has to be under all kinds of pressure?", client says "no, buys the same things/quanities as always, never mentions any thing..."

just something to internet discuss while we are waiting on "real" evidence

a quiz....

lets say a guy, any old guy wanted to "get rid" of another person, but knew he would be suspect #1.....short of a confession (from the one commisoning the crime) or a tape recorded meeting (audio, video, etc) from the hit man...what is the one piece of evidence that would tie these 2 people together on this one project?....these are just random people, hypothetical :)

Wonder if he/they were actually involved in the abduction, or if they were just paid afterwards to dispose of somebody else's vehicle...
hard to say, eh? it is like the chicken and the egg thing... in other words.. did they find a vehicle part at Axtell with a VIN number and that led to the search warrant??? or did they get a lead or tip to the H farm, find the burried truck parts, which led them to Axtell/search other salvage yards. For some reason I bet that it was the former; through a tip they checked Axtell salvage yard, got the VIN# and who it was registered to, had other leads or tips on the H farm, and used that information to secure a search warrant... during the serving of such they find the burried parts. Just thoughts on my part of course... But I suppose until LE releases more we just won't know who drove a red dually... seems that if the ex did we would have known that from the get go and this would all be over. But no... there is someone else involved... and it seems that LE knows.

I hope they can wrap this up and bring pat home. It is just so sad.

a quiz....

lets say a guy, any old guy wanted to "get rid" of another person, but knew he would be suspect #1.....short of a confession (from the one commisoning the crime) or a tape recorded meeting (audio, video, etc) from the hit man...what is the one piece of evidence that would tie these 2 people together on this one project?....these are just random people, hypothetical :)
hmmmm.. first I would consider a personal relationship between the two, than go to others known to the two for any other information about their relationship, etc (phone calls, phone records, emails, people seeing them together, etc)

eta: then I would be sitting on them/applying pressure if I were LE. What is really strange to me, being from a small town myself, is the lack of "talk" among the locals.

hmmmm.. first I would consider a personal relationship between the two, than go to others known to the two for any other information about their relationship, etc (phone calls, phone records, emails, people seeing them together, etc)

eta: then I would be sitting on them/applying pressure if I were LE. What is really strange to me, being from a small town myself, is the lack of "talk" among the locals.

looking for something more concrete, a phone relationship isnt enough to convict a person on, running together, brings suspicion, keep thinkin....

theres plenty of talk, but on the other hand, even though this is horton (brown county), atchison county is the lead LEA, i imagine under KBI....atch co has a pretty rough history of solving, let alone getting a conviction in a crime..i get the feeling (my feeling here) most people are just keeping most of their opinions to them selves & let the law do its job...but there is plenty of talk...opinions & theories in a city block range as widely as they do on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member