KS KS - Randy Leach, 17, Linwood, 15 Apr 1988

Wow. I would like to think this was just a complete accident where someone perhaps offered Randy some drugs, wanting to have a good time, only for things to have taken an unexpected turn. Randy could barely walk; even discounting that bit of information, I didn't hear anything about nearby bodies of water or somewhere he could have accidentally fallen into. At the most, if he passed out somewhere outdoors I would think it would have been immediately visible. Did he overdose, or just pass out, and the people involved panicked and tried to hide him? This is very sad, especially since a number of people seem to think the investigation was botched.

Is there anywhere on his route home from the party where he could've wrecked and not been found? any water nearby or could he have taken a wrong turn if he was intoxicated?

I'm not being quick to rule out foul play but wondering if this is a possible alternative.

Heartbreaking for the family. I can't imagine what they're going thru all these years. While I understand them wanting the records unsealed, I"m not sure it's a good idea...witness statements to police should be held in confidence until/unless they're needed for trial - otherwise, people in other cases may be discouraged from coming forward...

For those of you that are part of the FB group, it looks like the LE case files were either released or leaked and are being posted on the facebook page...lots of docs uploaded. I haven't had a chance to go thru them - but the ones that people have commented on are a bit odd.

I think it's pretty obvious what happened to Randy. He was sacrificed in a satanic ritual. All the info is right there. Just put 2 and 2 together.

I think it's pretty obvious what happened to Randy. He was sacrificed in a satanic ritual. All the info is right there. Just put 2 and 2 together.

You care to elaborate?

I have always been convinced, since I heard of this case, that Randy drunkenly drove into a body if water or down a ravine. Often when a person goes missing with a vehicle they are found in it... not far from home just hidden from view. If you look at Linwood Ks on Google maps you will see that the Kansas river is quite wide in that area and is near roads. There are other creeks in the area as well. Does anyone know if this avenue has ever been investigated?

Nearly 30 years after his disappearance, Randy Leach’s family still seeking answers and closure

http://fox4kc.com/2016/11/22/nearly-30-years-after-his-disappearance-randy-leachs-family-still-seeking-answers-and-closure/

At the rural Leavenworth County home of Alberta and Harold Leach, memories of their only son linger. There's the sign on the side of the garage that includes Randy Leach's name. There's his old bedroom, now an office, with his track medals and some old toys still displayed.

"He had race cars on the wall," his mom Alberta sighed. "I changed all of that, but that didn't help."

Their only son has been missing, now presumed dead, for 28 years. He disappeared from a party on Friday, April 15, 1988. He arrived alone, but witnesses recall him being "messed up," according to newly obtained police and investigation records from that era.

Over a three-month period, FOX 4 Investigative Producer Lisa McCormick worked with Professor Matthews and two honor students to build a timeline, based on documents FOX 4 had obtained. For Matthews and his students, that timeline revealed shortcomings in the investigation that shocked them.

"I would ask him, why didn't you?" Matthews said of the Leavenworth County sheriff who headed the investigation. "What was your rationale behind not doing these fundamental textbook activities.

That sheriff, Terry Campbell, now a private investigator, responded with a written statement.

Leavenworth County Undersheriff James Sherley says he probably would have done things differently 28 years ago, but adds he believes the case was handled with good intentions of finding Randy Leach.

Even so, frustration continues to build for Randy's family, who formally had him declared dead, and don't expect to see their son again. They just want answers and closure before they're gone. Alberta calls not knowing the hardest part.

"We've got to know."

Investigation concerns according to Lisa McCormick:

https://localtvwdaf.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/investigationconcerns.pdf

Response from Terry Campbell:

https://localtvwdaf.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/response-to-mccormick.pdf

[video=youtube;DEyf-3zuID8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEyf-3zuID8[/video]

The face book page is gone, or it's gone for me.

Over the last couple of years I have seen an increase of missing people being found after decades of being missing. DNA has been allowing officials to identify many John and Jane Does, some that have been laying in a box for decades at the police department waiting for someone to identify them, like Cynthia Day, that was identified after 23 years. Also, I have seen many more cold-cases are being reinvestigated by authorities and those cases are ended up on television, largely because of the Investigation Discovery channel. Then there are the stories of people being found in water still in their cars after decades of missing. I am wondering if it is possible that this is what happened to Randy Leach. Mostly because his car has never been found and in the cases of missing people found in water, their cars were never found, because they were in the water.

https://missingpersonsofamerica.com...-randy-leach-be-in-water-can-you-help-search/

8ef58ec8ea70dbd3eb362a7bc2a28fdb.jpg

A reader located this area where there is a boat ramp at coordinates
38* 59′ 58.92″ N, 95* 14′ 22.45″ W

Same article.

*******PLEASE SHARE****** * REWARD $5000 *
***MISSING*** *COLD CASE* *Updated 11/17/16
RANDY LEACH
Missing Since: April 15th, 1988
Missing From : Linwood,KS
DOB: July 25th, 1970
Age Now: 46
Sex: Male
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Height:6'3"
Weight:220 lbs
Special Identifiers: Randy has a mole on his left ear and when last seen, he was wearing Levi's blue jeans, a blue pocketed T-shirt and white low top tennis shoes Randy was also driving his mother's 4 door, gray 1985 Dodge 600 with Kansas plates LVJ8721.
* Bothphotos shown are of Randy, however the photo on the right hand side has been age progressed to that of 44 years old *
Circumstances: Randy was last seen on April 15th, 1988 by his parents between about.6:30 - 6:45 PM. He attended a graduation party held by a fellow female classmate, diving his parent's gray 1985 4 door Dodge 600 with Kansas plates LVJ8721. When Randy failed to show up back home the following morning, his disappearance was reported by his parents to the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office, KS. Most reports from the investigation have Randy leaving the graduation party as early as 2:15 AM on the morning of April 16th, 1988, however it is also noted that nobody actually ever saw Randy nor his Mother's car ever leave. Also, it is worthy to note that neither the car nor a single part thereof has ever turned up either.
Special Circumstances:This is a Cold Case File that has been ruled a homicide and remains as an open investigation still with Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation The governor'soffice of Kansas has issued a $5000.00 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of any person/persons involved in Randy's death.
Associated Links: This link provided below is to some recent news footage on the Randy Leach case we encourage you to watch, and the link below that, one that will bring you to a petition for signatures so that a Freedom of Information Act request may be submitted to have ALL files pertaining to Randy be released and unsealed to his parents. Please sign.
* https://youtu.be/DEyf-3zuID8
** https://www.change.org/p/randy-leach-freedom-of-information… recruiter=359861984&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg%2Fshare
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT 911 OR Kansas Bureau of Investigation1-8 00-572-7463 or( 1-800 KS CRIME ) (24 hr ) Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office (Kansas) 913-682-5724, as well as 1-800-843-5678 (1 800 THE LOST ) Thankyou !
NCMC721790
**Please also remember, anyone may also contact us anonymous at 774-225-0671 and or text this number or use our anonymous email tip line:
find.me.tips@mail.com **

https://www.facebook.com/FIND-ME-521989254537512/?hc_ref=SEARCH

I wrote a short blog about missing people/missing cars.
One of the investigators in the article I cited in that blog stated that after so many years going by with neither the car nor the person showing up, they're most likely in a body of water.

I wonder if this unidentified body could be Randy. https://identifyus.org/cases/8023 .This man's body was found in Nevada, Missouri, which is around 100 miles from where Randy went missing. This person could have been deceased as early as 1985, Randy went missing in 1988. The remains were found in 2000. I suggested this as a match to Doe Network last night. Randy has never been excluded either on Doe or Namus. The UD is 762ummo on Doe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back