KS KS - Randy Leach, 17, Linwood, 15 Apr 1988

I'm Carol Incitti mentioned in the missingpersonsofamerica.com article. They failed to mention that the car that is off 83rd street is actually in DeSoto, ks - not Linwood. She did not include the 3rd set of pictures I sent, I don't know why. But they were of what look like a car in a ravine near Linwood- images I have shared previously on here.

I haven't had a chance to make it out there yet, I will in the next couple of weeks. Stranger Creek as it is known, I don't think gets very deep but it is prone to flooding. I am not sure if it could hide a vehicle.

I finally got to take a drive out to the 12530 166th Linwood, KS address. First off we had bad storms last night and there were huge tree limbs all over the roads and property's in this area. Once I got to 166th it was a gravel road about .09 tenths mile off of another gravel road and it dead ended at the 12530 address. I had a pickup following me almost all the way down. I had my camera but felt like with people close by I shouldn't take pictures. There was a house and cars at the property. Too much greenery to see anything else. Plus the land sloped up and not down which made the viewing impossible.

With the truck behind me I turned around and just drove back out and met another car on the way. I am sure people living out there know who has what vehicles and mine was a stranger. I felt uncomfortable and should have had someone with me. The house next door was for sale and I thought about stopping and getting out to look around especially out back, but didn't for reasons explained above.

May take another trip later in the year when leaves are gone from the trees and viewing is better, Must take someone with next time to be on the safe side. I also did not see the Kansas River, but it may have been father south towards Desoto.

Exactly Jewels53, small area and I am sure everyone watches now. Take someone with you always. At least that person can record while you drive. This may help get the layout of the area too.

Exactly Jewels53, small area and I am sure everyone watches now. Take someone with you always. At least that person can record while you drive. This may help get the layout of the area too.

Not realizing it was a dead end before I went and I then thought I should have had someone with me. Not very smart of me! It was not that far so a very doable trip.

Thanks 4SAM

Not realizing it was a dead end before I went and I then thought I should have had someone with me. Not very smart of me! It was not that far so a very doable trip.

Thanks 4SAM

I lived not far from there (Piper) and I have driven through that area, plus I know how some people think when they see strangers..

Thanks for taking the time to go out there. Sounds like it was a little scary. It was really awesome of you though!

Leavenworth County couple’s mystery of missing son is not forgotten

LEAVENWORTH COUNTY, Kan. -- It's a hot and windy day in Leavenworth County, and Harold and Alberta Leach don't care. They're on another hunt for any clue that can lead them to their son.

"Hoping we find something," sighed Harold. "But we don't really want to."

They're at the site with the help of Park University and its Associate Criminal Justice Professor Eugene Matthews, who helped obtain a Park U. grant to bring in ground penetrating radar from North Carolina.

"Even if we don't find what we're looking for, we can stop looking in some of these areas," Matthews says.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/06/29/leavenworth-county-couples-mystery-of-missing-son-is-not-forgotten/

More at link

On YouTube there is a channel called Brain Scratch with a series called Search Light that is about missing people. Im hoping people will email the creator, John Lordan, to ask him to make a video about Randy. Geekendorx@gmail.com

Something that I really don't understand is why there is apparently no missing persons profile for either of Eric Montgomery's other supposed victims, Everett Bishop and Lloyd Folsom. The bodies of both men have never been found. I believe he is serving time for one murder.... but, people go to prison all the time for crimes they didn't commit. What if one or both are listed as unidentified bodies?
I also cannot find a profile for the foot that was found on the bank of the KS river... who the heck was that?!

Where’s Randy Leach?: Parents file lawsuit in Leavenworth County seeking case files

Harold and Alberta Leach filed the suit in Leavenworth County District Court against the county and its sheriff's department. Attorney Max Kautch of Lawrence filed it under the Kansas Open Records Act.

"While a public agency has discretion to release records defined to be 'criminal investigation records' under KORA, the court still may order the disclosure of the requested records if the records are in the public interest," Kautch said in a statement.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/14/wheres...uit-in-leavenworth-county-seeking-case-files/

I hope Randy's parents are able to find some information so they can get some closure before they pass on.

I'm not sure it's all that obvious but then math never was my strong suit. Maybe you can help me add it up?

Hello all, new to Websleuths.... I've stayed up to date on Randy's case as much as I can over the last thirty years and have my own theory as to what happened like everyone else. Hoping his parents can get Leavenworth County to open the case records and then we will really have something to talk about!

RJR

Kansas parents who want to know what happened to their son before they die, ask judge to release records

The attorney for the Leaches argued that their request does meet open record exceptions for allowing investigative records to be release.

Leavenworth County argued the records should not be released because Randy Leach's disappearance is an 'ongoing' investigation and releasing the records could hinder it.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/11/21/kansas...before-they-die-ask-judge-to-release-records/

On the bbm if the case could be compromised by releasing information to the Leach's, then why are we not seeing progress on the case? It has been so many years let the parents have the information. jmo moo

Exactly. If they haven't been able to solve the case in 29 years, maybe their nit doing a very good job- time to give someone else a chance. The parents deserve better than this. I hope they are able to find out what happened to him before their time runs out 😢

Metro judge rules records will remain sealed in investigation into Kansas teen who disappeared nearly 30 years ago

LEAVENWORTH COUNTY, Kan. — A Leavenworth County judge ruled Monday the records in the case of a teen who disappeared nearly 30 years ago shall remain closed.

The 46-page ruling by District Court Judge David King is a setback for Harold and Alberta Leach, who have long criticized the Leavenworth County Sheriff’s investigation into their missing son Randy Leach.

http://fox4kc.com/2018/01/29/metro-...sas-teen-who-disappeared-nearly-30-years-ago/

I just don't understand after 30 years why these poor parents can't get some answers from the investigation. Dad will probably be gone before they release anything. Is the sheriff's dept really still investigating? just rambling thoughts

This is utter hogwash. The sheriff's department is absolutely hiding something. Why was there not some sort of compromise they might be able to come to in which names or other identifying details are blocked out of released documents?

This case really bothers me. The family and the public have NO CHOICE but to rely on police to solve crimes with all the information they get to gather and keep confidential. What motivation do these investigators have to close this case, though? They don't care, so they aren't going to bother. The Leaches would have needed to catch a lucky break by having the case turned over to a sympathetic detective, which clearly has not happened. And then for the judge to stifle any chance the family may have in resolving the case on their own is shocking.

Hopefully they can appeal this ridiculous ruling and someone with some sense will hear it.

New development. http://www.hutchnews.com/news/20180209/open-up-our-government

The editorial refers to Randy Leach:

"The law would compel the release of investigation records in the disappearance of Randy Leach, who left his Linwood home in 1988 to attend a high school graduation party in Leavenworth County and hasn’t been heard from since. His parents, Harold and Alberta Leach, have sought release of the records for years, but the Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Department has refused, arguing the case is still open.

The Leaches filed a lawsuit to compel the records’ release, but Leavenworth County District Court Judge David King ruled that current law gives law enforcement the right to seal records for an indefinite period.

“The limitations on the disclosure of criminal investigation records is not dependent on how old the investigation is or whether the case remains unresolved or not,” King said. “It is not dependent on law enforcement showing a certain level of continued ongoing investigation activity in the case.”

It’s understandable that active investigative records are withheld from public view to ensure an investigation isn’t compromised or that informants or others are not placed in harm’s way. But shielding such records indefinitely violates the public trust and gives law enforcement the means to escape accountability when mistakes are made."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back